What make you leave a private server?

gfxmrmark

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148

Ok this is the subject.Why you left from a private server? too high exp,too high droprate,too low exp,inactive gm,uber items in shops and any reason what made you to left a private server.

1. unbalance stats and skills

2. noob admin thats only want is to make money

3. low players

4. helping friends to get a good items or giving a free items on there friends

5. wipe and server offline

6. bad website using a free domain and free web

7. lag / hamachi

8. non md5 ( player should have a privacy )

9. no rules / bad configure

10. i don't play to non global gm

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2223

when the staff stop caring

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  189

Unbalanced and Unreasonable Custom Items

Admins only caring about money

People asking for free things

Donation Prices Outrageous D:

Macros unable to be caught

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  38

• Unfriendly communities (including staffs).
  • Lag.
  • When the staffs stop caring.
  • LOTS of maintenance (server offline!).

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  414

Horrible staff

When people stops speaking English aka being dominated by players from one country

Nothing to do aka they have a crappy storyline, crappy quests, crappy pvp/WoE

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  318

Well...

1. When friends leave for another server (probably would have went with them).

2. When the staff members no longer care for players or the server.

3. When the server itself heads toward the wrong path (custom cards, donation items, etc that are too overbalanced).

4. When the server has no new updates for a long while.

5. When players start to bash and troll at you for no good reason.

6. When it is difficult to start with a new server as the community is not as helpful or that there is too much at once (hence I like smaller servers).

7. When there is a constant lag or downtime (foreshadowing the fate of the server).

8. When there is a huge community debate with no side giving in, and that the forums is messed up as a result as well.

9. When there is funny stuff behind the scenes, and players made a huge drama scene out of it all.

10. When I lose interest in the server and decide to go server-hopping.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  566

1. Unorganization

2. Ugly headgear

3. Overpowered Donations

4. unprofessional admin team

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  846

Corruption with higherleveled GMs.(People who abuse @item and give donation/customs to their legits and guildmates)

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  399

Moronic staff members. Piss-poor development speed. Terribad public relations.

Donation items I can deal with; Everyone has a differing opinion of what's "balanced" and what isn't. I think it's unfair to compare a server like TalonRO to iRO and say that it's imbalanced without looking into how tweaks are made to balance the changes made specific to that server.

If the leader of a server can't do the majority of the tasks they charge their staff with, then I peace out. It's those individuals who ruin people's experience within pservers.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  392

Are you talking about XileRO? xD

I'd have to agree with Tynne, specially with the Poor development speed and terrible public relations; Moronic staff members hmm, I can live with that ;D as long as they're not corrupt.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  189

Are you talking about XileRO? xD

I'd have to agree with Tynne, specially with the Poor development speed and terrible public relations; Moronic staff members hmm, I can live with that ;D as long as they're not corrupt.

Nope RebirthRO D;. But, it was still good when I joined, now its like "Imma firin my lazer".

2. Ugly headgear

i lik tis. c:

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  835

1.Boring server just have few staff.

2.always auto event you think we player are pet?

3.less thing do to.

4.economy bad.

5.alway inactive gm.

6.player who have god item rampage+bully+four language inside game. gm just sitting doing nothing.

7.server wont long lasting atlease 5 year.

8.overprice donation item. become a earn money item.

this is the few reason i leave all ragnarok server and wont join any of them anymore. the more i play the more sad i get in return. now i create my server own server to fulfill my dream. I can do a server when the server on i will let those ppl who dun believe i can make it regret about it.

Edited by manabeast

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1315

- Lack of staff member presence

- Horrible community that makes it difficult to start and stick around

- Crappy WoE or PvP (Huge WoE/PvP fan here)

- Domination of a single guild over WoE

- Ugly custom items/wings

- Donation being required to be on par with other donators in PvP or WoE

- Server too confusing for those just starting out with no one willing to help or not enough materials in either the website or forums to guide new players bout server features.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  241

low population

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  439

Owners tend to advertise

- Working 3rd Classes

- NO BUGS

- 0% Corruption

These 3 are my main reasons wherein the fact that these 3 are hard to achieve without

dedication.

Minor reason

- Sites? *cough* FREE!! *cough*

And lastly,

I left a private server when emulating RO server stopped. Who wants to continue playing

with the people behind the emulators they use are gone?

develop and fix)

Edited by Magnetix

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1315

Minor reason

- Sites? *cough* FREE!! *cough*

Another insta-not join this server or even bother to check. Free websites like .tk domains.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119

Some of the same things others have already said.

1. Unbalanced custom items - Kind of self explanatory. I don't like seeing 10 players in Prontera with the same item because its uber powerfulz, other reasons too, but that seems to be the main one. Even on the official iRO, they have the Eden Group, and everyone wears the Eden Group hat because for them its "epic". For the people who used to have the Balloon Hat as their favorite, I wonder how they feel about the Eden Group hat, lol.

2. Crappy custom items - Sometimes. It depends on if the community excessively uses the badly made sprite(s) because its over powered. I would REALLY like it if people improved bad sprites, but some spriters don't allow editing, but the ones that need editing aren't usually from those kinds of spriters. Its usually the old ones like Angel Wings by Zarcon. I mean it IS a good sprite, but the quality isn't great (as if it came from a low quality JPEG) and they are excessively large to where players are often annoyed by them. They also need a drop and inventory sprite I think. I would like it if someone made it so when a player passes in front of them, the wings go behind the said player and doesn't block them. As for them getting in the way of other wings (for example, group screenshots), I think that is easily solved by players repositioning themselves.

3. Cash shop - Ugh, always hated the idea of making a profit off of someone elses' sprite, even if it IS Gravity's. Plus the community tends to be like obsessed with them, like "Oh I got this/can't wait to get this/have to save up for this". Gaming should not be about money, or who is the best -3- After all, I thought that was why private servers were created in the first place. If you REALLY want to see what a cash item community looks like, play Mabinogi and chat with the players who have a lot of cash items. It will amaze you. It did me. Its what made me stop playing, because one of the snobs in particular was just a complete, well, bleep. Tried to school me and basically said how dare I be friendly by giving friends items. Its a game, get a life. -3- You will never hold a virtual item, so stop being possessive over it.

4. Using no unimplemented gravity items - There are a TON of official hats that have not been implemented (usually because they were temporary cash shop items). PLEASE, USE THEM. I like my puppy hat too D: I like user created sprites too, but still, Gravity's idiotic greed should be utilized.

5. No pets/pets are hard to get - Won't name a server in particular, but most servers don't even make an effort to create custom taming items, and/or they make them possible to obtain. Either a strong monster drops them, or you have to go get 1000 of this item. Even if your drop rates are 1000 or whatever, the monster only drops ONE of the particular item, I guess its hard to realize that?

6. Go get 1000 of this, 1000 of that, and 1000 of this too, and this custom item is yours! - I have a life. Yeah, I know, its amazing. People have lives. Need I say more?

7. Bad economy - Though this isn't necessarily an Admin's fault. It could just be that the shop keepers are just plain, well, okay I'll be nice, out to get zeny. But the other reason is the reason above, impossible quests that really inflate prices.

8. Staff don't do their jobs - Not necessarily in regards to the server itself. When there is a group of players in a game causing mischief (and created their group for the sole purpose of "mischief", I kind of want to call it trolling but it wasn't exactly that, but it ticked people off enough to be trolling), and the GMs are aware of it and do nothing, yeah. They need to apply the ban hammer to themselves.

9. Allow other languages in game - Someone could be calling me (insert obscene word here) and I would have no clue. Someone could have a problem with me, perhaps over me accidentally kill stealing and not even knowing it, and I would have no clue on what was going on and neither would the Admin/GM. Hence, why it shouldn't be allowed unless there is a GM who is fluent in both English and the other language, and is active. I'm sure that is something that is hard to come by.

10. Unfriendly community - As Elven said, including staff. Ohhh, too many stories regarding that. Regarding one story in particular, I don't like admins who act like 12 year olds, do stupid things, and then ban players for their mistakes instead of being a man and admitting what they did was wrong. A friend of mine witnessed an Admin being inappropriate towards a female. Called him out, Admin cussed and tried to defend himself, then finally just banned the friend. Lol fail. But when I get bored leveling, doing quests, what have you, its the community that keeps me entertained. <3

Other than that, I don't mind if the Admin or GMs are serious business, but I like an administration group who can also joke around and have fun, which is quite rare since most Admins and GMs are not active with the community, and any comical statements are usually cherished, lol. But those are the things that really annoy me and seem too common. I could care less about a free site, GM/Admins that act like clowns (in fact I would actually find that refreshing, just as long as they know when to be serious), hamachi, etc. If they didn't do the stuff listed above, they would be the holy grail to me and hell, I'd be willing help them host the server and website themselves. But I will admit, I usually don't look at the .tk sites either because usually it means they aren't even making an effort to have an amazing server.

/ End Wall Of Text

Edited by Wolfeh
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  41

Corruption with higherleveled GMs.(People who abuse @item and give donation/customs to their legits and guildmates)

mainly this,

but also this.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  967

Best Answer

when everything sucks on your server

LOL

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  10013

Σ( ° △ °|||)

Quit when i didnt found any excuse / reason to stay in your server anymore......

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  379

Here a list for "why I leave" (and not a list for "why I don't join" since I don't join a pserver for many other things...) :

- It's busy.

- No updates - bug fixes.

- Bad community.

- a next update will add some customs (hats, weapons, shields, etc.) - I don't like customs equips /hmm

- i find a way to hack the server (forum, cp, game) or know someone who already hack it.

- GMs have a good look (greats hats, ...) - GMs aren't here to be pretty

- a GM have a playable account on his server.

- a cash shop will open.

- GMs write in SMS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  47

- Wipe.

Yeah, that's the main reason.

I don't even start to play if the server doesn't have a zipped patch together with the installer one.

Edited by Vianna

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  148

@Keyword

haha +1 dude

i dunno but when i hack a server and i fail it makes me play on that server hehehe

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

As many of you stated about in-game turn offs, what about web based?

I for one, look at domains (.tk is a turn off). Other then that, if the site is poorly created and looks like shit with so much crap everything and hurtful colours, I stay away. If the control panel is poorly created/installed, I get iffy.

Before people play a server, everyone has to see the forums/homepage/control panels no? /hmm

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  2244

i find out that the server has harmony in it