You can now do extra special things in our Discord server, like using external emojis when you become a Server Booster!
Want to inject some flavor into your everyday text chat? You're in luck! Discord uses Markdown, a simple plain text formatting system that'll help you make your sentences stand out. Here's how to do it!
Just add a few characters before & after your desired text to change your text! I'll show you some examples:
- italics = *italics*
- bold = **bold**
- bold italics = ***bold italics***
- strikeout = ~~strikeout~~
- underline = __underline__
- underline italics = __*underline italics*__
- underline bold = __**underline bold**__
- underline bold italics = __***underline bold italics***__
Don't want to use markdown? You can slap a backslash in front of your statement, and it'll escape the markdown formatting. You'll see those asterisks as you'd like! Just keep in mind, it doesn't work in messages with edits or underscores.
Discord also supports code blocks as well! Like so:
`whoa, cool one line code block~`
Use three backticks ("```"), and you can make a multi-line code block.