Ragnarok Online complete offline server & client pack 2019 | Make your RO server in less than 5 minutes

anacondaq

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  554

Hello there.. firstly thx for this effort that you made @Anacondaqq.
I want to know how to make compile in this offline

Just in case i want to make something compilation in this offline ro how to make it?

Or just simply add or remove code then save?

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

2 hours ago, CheckMate said:

Or just simply add or remove code then save?

No, you need compiler (Visual Studio 2017 community edition with C++ pack of utilities), open rAthena-15.sln, and when you will apply modification -> Run -> Compile. If everything is ok with your source code, you will successfully compile emulator. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  554

10 minutes ago, Anacondaqq said:

No, you need compiler (Visual Studio 2017 community edition with C++ pack of utilities), open rAthena-15.sln, and when you will apply modification -> Run -> Compile. If everything is ok with your source code, you will successfully compile emulator. 

Oooooo.. i think this answer should stick cuz mybe someone will try to ask about this.. ^_^
Thx again @Anacondaqq for your effort. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3

On 08/04/2017 at 1:20 AM, GraveUypo said:

First of all, thanks for this awesome package. it made the whole process a lot easier to start for me.

i'd like to point out something though. those shortcut batch files you made are pointing to the wrong executables. it says map-server.exe when it's mapserver.exe. same for login and char server. this could explain the errors some people are getting.
There are two ways to fix this. either

1- rename mapserver.exe to map-server.exe, loginserver.exe to login-server.exe and charserver.exe to char-server.exe, which is what i've done since it's a LOT easier.
2- edit the hooks in all the batch files to adapt to the names.

is that it? so i've been going around the conf folder and changing stuff around in every *_athena.conf file, and then changing the sql server to my ip for nothing?

it's still not working for me. i intend to put a server on my permanently-offline 10-computer lanroom. like i said, i've been going around changing ips here and there, and i got all the server applications to see each other. But now i can't get any client, even on the same machine as the server, to connect. i've done what you suggested here already it for some reason it just doesn't work. there isn't even a log of an attempted connection on the login server screen. what gives?

ah, another question. what should i put in the data.ini file for it to read the data folder before reading the GRF?

it currently contains this:

[Data]
//1=rAthena2017PRE.grf // see readme.txt in PRERE/ folder
2=rAthena2017.grf
3=pallets.grf
4=data.grf
5=rdata.grf

[/code]

would this work?

[Data]
//1=rAthena2017PRE.grf // see readme.txt in PRERE/ folder
1=data/
2=rAthena2017.grf
3=pallets.grf
4=data.grf
5=rdata.grf

just passing by to say i've had another try this week and i figured everything out, and my server is now fully working on my lan room. it's awesome.

the issue i had with not being able to connect from another pc to my server was just that i was changing the clientinfo.xml in the data.grf file, when it's the one on rathena.xml that was being used by the client. once i discovered that it was pretty much an insta fix. apparently, in case of repeated files in different packages, the client uses the one from the file set to load first in the data.ini file. that's pretty handy because if i want to make small mods i can just make a new small grf and add all the configurations to that instead of having to go around passing that huge data.grf file around.

that's all good, but RO with only up to 6 people gets old quickly, so i'm actually maybe looking into making new quest lines and changing some stuff in the game.

i already made a new EXP table that makes level progressing a LOT more linear. no longer will people take 5 minutes to get to lvl 70 and then a week for the rest of the way. it now takes more or less the same time to get to lvl 30 to 40 as from 70 to 80, and from 80 to 90. i like it a lot better this way (takes the same exp to reach 99 though). i haven't touched the job level progression, so as a side effect we get to experience what a 32/1 lord knight is like.

--the formula for the xp table for anyone interested is 500 * (1/(level^0.685))
if you're going lower than rate 30 i suggest building for the leveling efficiency, not just building up into a late game build. it's worth getting magnum break level 10 on swordies, for instance, then reset later.

also made a new npc with the beginning of the quest line but it basically only talks for now.

Edited by GraveUypo
adding the formula

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  883

i try this topic and run the server but i got this 
image.png.130b2fa9b205481ba56b8a2a2a9f8e46.png

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  883

sorry i already solve the problem before

solution : change the port that the system saying

now my last problem is my flag is green now but when i run server on emulator this error comes what should be the solution?

image.png.9e491989113463a763b39a37897af10e.png

5 hours ago, Quesooo said:

sorry i already solve the problem before

solution : change the port that the system saying

now my last problem is my flag is green now but when i run server on emulator this error comes what should be the solution?

image.png.9e491989113463a763b39a37897af10e.png

No, you have mysql server installed at your PC. please remove it, or turn it off. And don't change 3306 port at the package. Then try to run again, and everything will be ok.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

On 3/18/2017 at 9:55 AM, Anacondaqq said:

XXeCDci.png

Everything what you need (GRF Editor) you are already have in 04_useful tools folder. Install and open rAthena2017.grf inside it, find clientinfo.xml, and change address 127.0.0.1 to your LAN ip where will be hosted your game-server (example:192.168.1.101)

@Anacondaqq Thank you so much for making this pack, it's really easy to install and play but I just got a question regarding this offline Lan connection. I already tried editing this clientinfo.xml. It can connect easily for my server-PC but when i connect my PC-1 to this server pc, I can see that there is already 1 person on the server but when I tried to connect it says "Failed to connect to server" and connection closed. 

We're using a direct connection Lan cable from server-PC to PC-1. using 192.168.0.1 for server-PC and 192.168.0.2 for PC-1.

Hoping for your response on this.

Thanks mate!

• Content Count:  2

Hello Anacondaqq,

I have downloaded all the files, extracted the files, ran the open server(Started the server and then it went green), ran the runserver_PRERE, instead of using the gm char I created an account but I couldnt't move. I was being disconnected for some reason. I tried the gm account and it can walk, etc. But the account I created can't do anything. Please help.

New Bitmap Image.bmp

New Bitmap Image (2).bmp

New Bitmap Image (3).bmp

31 minutes ago, SlapShock said:

Hello Anacondaqq,

I have downloaded all the files, extracted the files, ran the open server(Started the server and then it went green), ran the runserver_PRERE, instead of using the gm char I created an account but I couldnt't move. I was being disconnected for some reason. I tried the gm account and it can walk, etc. But the account I created can't do anything. Please help.

New Bitmap Image.bmp

New Bitmap Image (2).bmp

New Bitmap Image (3).bmp

Check the comment: 

repair your database, and try again, the issue should be fixed.

Edited by Anacondaqq

• Content Count:  2

Did that. It did not work. Could it be the problem is my OS? I'm using windows 10.

1 hour ago, SlapShock said:

Did that. It did not work. Could it be the problem is my OS? I'm using windows 10.

I don't know.

Hi, im veeery noob, i ran the client in the emulator, but, it's only for play offline ? I was a make a server of RAGNAROK ONLINE, where me and my friends can play in two guilds 5 vs 5. Somebody knows how to make a real server of ragnarok, step by step? for a guy veeeery noob?¿ 

Thanks

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  102

after 2 days..... Hello guys i wanna share and show you my result to make a server,,,, newbie here...... im using this files thanks for posting boss,,,, custom items added fully working and ready to playw6qvqv.png 

2 hours ago, AceofSpades said:

after 2 days..... Hello guys i wanna share and show you my result to make a server,,,, newbie here...... im using this files thanks for posting boss,,,, custom items added fully working and ready to playw6qvqv.png 

See? The package is helpful to easy start. I remember myself very long ago (maybe 2007 or I dunno) when I was reading tons of info, tried different of things without any knowledge just to do that what you did. I spent really a lot of time and wasted it, and the package so popular because people really need it too. The entry point is very hard, but when you come across the border, everything else will be much easier. 

If you wish to continue your knowledge about the emulator you need to pay attention to:

• linux distributions (install any on your virtual machine and start playing with it (if you did not know it yet)
  • then transfer everything to Linux like a server with keeping windows version

Just avoid common pitfalls:

• don't buy OpenVZ VPSes, because of they really bad because of memory allocation and management, stick only with KVM / VMware / Xen
  • 2 GB of ram will be enough for an emulator with players
  • for the first time try to host your own website to shared website  hosting, then when you will get more experience with Linux, try to set up some control panel like vestaCP or cPanel on your own server
  • and then, when you will get a lot of experience, drop all control panels, and configure webserver by yourself. It's very easy but needs to know some basic examples.

Congratulations! :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  26

Hi @Anacondaqq

First ty for the pack I already use it in two ocasions

Now, I have a trouble I decided to use you pack but download the new rathena(update one)config ok and compile ok

The problem is now rathena need at database the table "mail_attachments",when i start the char server is says it dont exist, do you know if is possible to just stick in there and how? or if will problably have to make all over again using mysql?

****** I decided to go with the "regular route" by ty for the pack again

Edited by Azarth

Hi @Anacondaqq I have a question, can I create a ragnarok server with this newbie 2017 package to play with my friends? (each from home). How do I make my friends connect to my server? I just want to create a server to play with my friends, around 10 people... 

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1

hi Anacondaqq,, your client pack is very well done i cant say so much about it.

well i just want to say thank you for this proj.

i never thought i can connect it online

but reading your suggestion about how to connect it via LAN 

(although i don't have LAN connection :D)

it comes to my mind i should try it.

AND THEN..............................voyyyyyyyyylaaaaaaaaaaa......

i didn't expect that was so easy.

now i can play your client with my sister and wife :) 

i can bully my cousin now :D.

again thanks for this client.

but still looking forward for your next update.

edit2.jpg

edit3.jpg

edit1.jpg

screenrAthena001.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ayorn said:

hi Anacondaqq,, your client pack is very well done i cant say so much about it.

well i just want to say thank you for this proj.

i never thought i can connect it online

but reading your suggestion about how to connect it via LAN 

(although i don't have LAN connection :D)

it comes to my mind i should try it.

AND THEN..............................voyyyyyyyyylaaaaaaaaaaa......

i didn't expect that was so easy.

now i can play your client with my sister and wife :) 

i can bully my cousin now :D.

again thanks for this client.

but still looking forward for your next update.

edit2.jpg

edit3.jpg

edit1.jpg

screenrAthena001.jpg

Hi, thx for the review. About update, hm, I plan to release it ASAP. Right now I'm very busy and don't have a free time for finishing the update, after no so many weeks I will have some free time and will spend it to upgrade everything in the package.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  37

Thanks for the prompt response. I'll try this in the weekend. I'm testing to add mob and I need to edit the .lua/.lub files in data.grf

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  5

I'm Here and still Excited to see the updates. do you want to add eps 16.2? because if you do, it'll be totally perfect!

(came here last year, and recognize the title updated to 2018)

5 hours ago, Rizkydavida said:

I'm Here and still Excited to see the updates. do you want to add eps 16.2? because if you do, it'll be totally perfect!

(came here last year, and recognize the title updated to 2018)

I'm very busy right now. When will get some free time (very soon) I will update the whole package and make it independent and unbound it from me for self-updating by users if they will need it.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  54

I have an issue with the openserver trying to use port 80 which is used by a windows service?

Any ideas?

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  225

is it possible to make this online?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  102

1 hour ago, Myth said:

is it possible to make this online?