Ragnarok Online complete offline server & client pack 2019 | Make your RO server in less than 5 minutes

anacondaq

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  31

Hi, @Anacondaqq!

1. I have googled about how to patch with NEMO. I have tried to patch the new with the file "05_misc_repos\Nemo\PATCHED_EXE_FILE\2017-06-14bRagexeRE_clean\2017-06-14bRagexeRE.exe". After I load the client, a board will many contents appear (please see the attachments). I know this is the way to create the new patches. So my question is:

I editted something in "05_misc_repos\Nemo\Patches\Enable64kHairstyle.qs". Now i just want to re-apply this content to your "02_client_side\FOR_RENEWAL_EMULATOR \2017-06-14bRagexeRE_patched.exe". Can you teach me, please?

(I don't know which contents you did apply in "02_client_side\FOR_RENEWAL_EMULATOR \2017-06-14bRagexeRE_patched.exe", so i won't try to make the new patch. I just want to re-apply the content on the .qs file).

2. I did "git pull", built server (success), and have tried to run "runserver.bat", but the errors occured. (Please see the attachments)

Thank you!

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Edited by Edel Raid

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

6 hours ago, Edel Raid said:

about nemo...

Sorry, can't help. NEMO patcher is a dead project since 2014, last updates and supported exes end in 2014. In 2015 author of the tool tried to implement his work for new coming clients, but even his patches for these clients (2015 ones) are pretty crap and problematic with many bugs. Just not long time ago, just for supporting 2017\2018 exes very good guys tried to revive the NEMO, and re-implement some patches just to support some exes. And they do not guarantee that their patches will work fine, or will support any client. Personally, I do not trust in any patches for clients after 2014 year (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018), patches very raw, and very unstable (a lot of them). A lot of them do not work at all. This is personally your own risks what need to accept and find a solution. If you will be able, just report about problems to the people who maintain the NEMO patcher in 2018. I probably can't help you with that.

6 hours ago, Edel Raid said:

2. I did "git pull", built server (success), and have tried to run "runserver.bat", but the errors occured. (Please see the attachments)

I will not provide any support for "upgrades" and "modifications" inside the package. I can't be responsible for any faults from 3rd party people. Sorry, the package is configured just fine, and do not update it too frequently, it has no sense at all. I strongly recommend NOT updating a game client every day, or every week, update it only when you have real reasons to do that. Right now for 2018 I do not see any reasons to update it, because almost all features available at emulator works fine with the game client. What about the problem on screenshots, try to rollback to previous versions (re-extract emulator, and not update it).

What about the error on the screenshot, its talk about char_conf:

// Server Communication username and password.
userid:
passwd:

and login table userid and user_pass, are they the same or not? Check, they all must be the same in char_conf.txt, map_conf.txt and inside login table in mysql database. 

2 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

Sorry, can't help. NEMO patcher is a dead project since 2014, last updates and supported exes end in 2014. In 2015 author of the tool tried to implement his work for new coming clients, but even his patches for these clients (2015 ones) are pretty crap and problematic with many bugs. Just not long time ago, just for supporting 2017\2018 exes very good guys tried to revive the NEMO, and re-implement some patches just to support some exes. And they do not guarantee that their patches will work fine, or will support any client. Personally, I do not trust in any patches for clients after 2014 year (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018), patches very raw, and very unstable (a lot of them). A lot of them do not work at all. This is personally your own risks what need to accept and find a solution. If you will be able, just report about problems to the people who maintain the NEMO patcher in 2018. I probably can't help you with that.

I will not provide any support for "upgrades" and "modifications" inside the package. I can't be responsible for any faults from 3rd party people. Sorry, the package is configured just fine, and do not update it too frequently, it has no sense at all. I strongly recommend NOT updating a game client every day, or every week, update it only when you have real reasons to do that. Right now for 2018 I do not see any reasons to update it, because almost all features available at emulator works fine with the game client. What about the problem on screenshots, try to rollback to previous versions (re-extract emulator, and not update it).

What about the error on the screenshot, its talk about char_conf:

// Server Communication username and password.
userid:
passwd:

and login table userid and user_pass, are they the same or not? Check, they all must be the same in char_conf.txt, map_conf.txt and inside login table in mysql database. 

I understand now. Thank you very much!

• Content Count:  5

Yeaaaaa finally!

After i watched your video, I have 1 questions now.

Why do we need to update client side and server side?

And yes, i am a dumb.

Hi, @Anacondaqq!

Please help me to solve this problem. I don't know what does it mean.

Thank you!

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• Content Count:  2

On 4/25/2018 at 1:34 PM, Rizkydavida said:

Yeaaaaa finally!

And yes, i am a dumb.

Server side is all the info that has your server, like the database (which has all the monsters), the jobs info, the maps, etc... You update this to get the new content on your server and only once every now and then.

The client side has the information about the way the server is shown in your pc, like the buttons, new GUI, new images when loading, new patcher, etc... You update this because the new content on your server needs to be shown by the client and the client has the info about how to do it like the translations (in this case).

This is overall how I see it, but you can check the https://rathena.org/board/forum/98-client-side/ forum to see more or less what else you can do.

• Content Count:  2

Hi @Anacondaqq , I love you work here and I wanted to share another way to build the server side if you have problems like me with the visual studio 2017.

First go to http://landinghub.visualstudio.com/visual-cpp-build-tools and download Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017

Open the download and you should see as follows

1612308154_optionsvisualstudioinstaller.thumb.JPG.c25439bb421a582e6b86d71cb4e4aef7.JPG

Check the windows 8.1 SDK and UC if needed and launch the install. I don't know if it is completely need to install this, but if you forgot to check anything you can always modify it later in the same installer.

1939855272_modifyvisualstudio.thumb.JPG.892942119155bd02d2b90af7e6cf9efa.JPG

Once finished you should have the Developer Command Prompt for VS 2017 ?

1191870044_developercommandprompt.JPG.548d819ebfe2545efc89684d3d4dea56.JPG

Go to the folder location of the rAthena solution using the developer cmd prompt

199237355_gotorathenasln.JPG.b41b2c48bd74048e888ebc00fd1d073d.JPG

And launch msbuild to compile without visual studio 2017 IDE

1375317662_msbuildcommand.JPG.0c5aa25af7acdbdb84aba09440365b59.JPG

If succed

391627953_msbuildsucced.thumb.JPG.d9126be4f3cf04796e440762ace71b7c.JPG

Now you can follow the other steps in the video and you should see the latest changes on your server.

EX: Before my update this necklace had 0 slots, and now it has 1

321537839_ScriptChangeCheck.JPG.cf79c51b68267ba4c40b72b469b9a7e7.JPG935831605_ScriptChangeCheck2.JPG.7568a6c1e990614f0957f879a92d1423.JPG

If you have like me the  Microsoft.Cpp.Default.prop error after executing msbuild

Spoiler

Special error saying it cannot find the cpp.default file

698738367_msbulderror.thumb.JPG.5882ff121f6ec3339d9c85a110efda04.JPG

In the developer cmd prompt send the following command to set the variable and THEN send msbuild

1522186015_msbuildsol.thumb.JPG.8885fb71bb8aca868a27e89c58850a02.JPG

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26

Can this pack work at linux?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  883

can someone help me how to solve this i try almost all method ive search around but i cant still fix my problem

image.thumb.png.b9f5171e2117e811c92bc9309a28c3fb.png

2 hours ago, Quesooo said:

can someone help me how to solve this i try almost all method ive search around but i cant still fix my problem

image.thumb.png.b9f5171e2117e811c92bc9309a28c3fb.png

Did you run the Open Server?

3 hours ago, Edel Raid said:

Did you run the Open Server?

yes iam

19 hours ago, Quesooo said:

yes iam

Let try this: (Anacondaqq readme.txt)

"Very important:
---------------

After downloading the package, you MUST change credentials inside conf/import/inter_conf.txt
I talk about MySQL login and password. Please do it! You can leave everything as is, but it's very insecure.

For making that, imagine you wish to change MySQL user credentials to next:

mysweetuser
theuserpass

You need to do in theory next:
1. Open conf/import/inter_conf.txt
2. Replace rathena_user_db to mysweetuser
3. Replace pass to theuserpass
4. Make a new user at MySQL database and remove old user.

How to change MySQL user credentials:
1. Run OpenServer (green flag)
2. Run on flag, select -> Advanced -> Console
3. You will open a console where you need connect to MySQL database
4. Enter to the window: MySQL -uroot
5. Press enter
6. You now at MySQL-server console
7. You need to enter a proper command to change your user, enter something like:

grant create, select, update, delete, drop, alter, insert ON rathena_PRERE_db.* TO 'mysweetuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'theuserpass';
grant create, select, update, delete, drop, alter, insert ON rathena_PRERE_log.* TO 'mysweetuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'theuserpass';
grant create, select, update, delete, drop, alter, insert ON rathena_RENEWAL_db.* TO 'mysweetuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'theuserpass';
grant create, select, update, delete, drop, alter, insert ON rathena_RENEWAL_log.* TO 'mysweetuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'theuserpass';
flush privileges;

Where `mysweetuser` and `theuserpass` please replace with your own credentials.

8. Hit enter after each line
9. At this point, you have changed your credentials.
10. Try to run the emulator, if you did it correctly, you will be able to connect to MySQL and emulator will run without any errors in console.
If you made some fails, please check again guide above, and use phpmyadmin for adding a new user (google for guides how to make a MySQL user)"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9

Forgive me for asking, but since I already had the initial release (March 2017) one, can I just update the rathena files from the April 2018 release? 

Like, I just want the new content so can I just extract that from the April 2018 release and paste it over my March 2017 one? OR do I still need to update everything else? 

With that comes the question, if I download the April 2018 release how can I preserve the current data from the March 2017 one? Thanks in advance!

20 hours ago, Edel Raid said:

Let try this: (Anacondaqq readme.txt)

"Very important:
---------------

After downloading the package, you MUST change credentials inside conf/import/inter_conf.txt
I talk about MySQL login and password. Please do it! You can leave everything as is, but it's very insecure.

For making that, imagine you wish to change MySQL user credentials to next:

mysweetuser
theuserpass

You need to do in theory next:
1. Open conf/import/inter_conf.txt
2. Replace rathena_user_db to mysweetuser
3. Replace pass to theuserpass
4. Make a new user at MySQL database and remove old user.

How to change MySQL user credentials:
1. Run OpenServer (green flag)
2. Run on flag, select -> Advanced -> Console
3. You will open a console where you need connect to MySQL database
4. Enter to the window: MySQL -uroot
5. Press enter
6. You now at MySQL-server console
7. You need to enter a proper command to change your user, enter something like:

grant create, select, update, delete, drop, alter, insert ON rathena_PRERE_db.* TO 'mysweetuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'theuserpass';
grant create, select, update, delete, drop, alter, insert ON rathena_PRERE_log.* TO 'mysweetuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'theuserpass';
grant create, select, update, delete, drop, alter, insert ON rathena_RENEWAL_db.* TO 'mysweetuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'theuserpass';
grant create, select, update, delete, drop, alter, insert ON rathena_RENEWAL_log.* TO 'mysweetuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'theuserpass';
flush privileges;

Where `mysweetuser` and `theuserpass` please replace with your own credentials.

8. Hit enter after each line
9. At this point, you have changed your credentials.
10. Try to run the emulator, if you did it correctly, you will be able to connect to MySQL and emulator will run without any errors in console.
If you made some fails, please check again guide above, and use phpmyadmin for adding a new user (google for guides how to make a MySQL user)"

i already fix my problem before thank you for tip ^_^

my last problem is adding custom npc's and other npc's like instance since i already add them all and restart server i cant see it ingame also on my console said that he cant see "npc/re/instaces/DevilsTower.txt but when i check it its already there

5 hours ago, Quesooo said:

i already fix my problem before thank you for tip ^_^

my last problem is adding custom npc's and other npc's like instance since i already add them all and restart server i cant see it ingame also on my console said that he cant see "npc/re/instaces/DevilsTower.txt but when i check it its already there

I don't know i can help you (or not, again). You should try go to "01_emulator\rathena_RENEWAL\npc" and edit the .conf file --> make the NPCs you want available by uncomment (delete the "//" before the NPCs).

For example: You have made the custom NPC script name Queso.txt and put it in "01_emulator\rathena_RENEWAL\npc\custom"  --> open the file "scripts_custom.conf" and add your script location "npc: npc/custom/Queso.txt" (don't put the comment (//)  before its)

1 hour ago, Edel Raid said:

I don't know i can help you (or not, again). You should try go to "01_emulator\rathena_RENEWAL\npc" and edit the .conf file --> make the NPCs you want available by uncomment (delete the "//" before the NPCs).

For example: You have made the custom NPC script name Queso.txt and put it in "01_emulator\rathena_RENEWAL\npc\custom"  --> open the file "scripts_custom.conf" and add your script location "npc: npc/custom/Queso.txt" (don't put the comment (//)  before its)

Hehehe thank you but i figure it out my problem now last is how to recompile my server i try using virtual studio but when i open rathena.sln with it my vitual studio cant read it he just display a code and nothing to do to build it

I cant find any solution how to read sln using vitual studio since on this guide is no details about it

• Topic Count:  5

2 hours ago, Quesooo said:

I cant find any solution how to read sln using vitual studio since on this guide is no details about it

there's a video guide on the forum on how to use visual studio to recompile your server. It's very helpful! Here's the link! /gawi 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dwlrma said:

there's a video guide on the forum on how to use visual studio to recompile your server. It's very helpful! Here's the link! /gawi 

thank you for the answer the problem is im not using 64bit im just using 32bit thats why its hard for me to do it

On 4/25/2018 at 9:34 PM, Rizkydavida said:

Yeaaaaa finally!

And yes, i am a dumb.

This is a very long story. The previous version was totally bounded to me, it has no git repos, and a little-bit strict file structure and lack of information. In the current release (which is not compatible with the previous version), solved almost all issues and problems. I release it with repos (which is a mirror of the official repository and auto updated automatically and you will always have access to the repository with the latest changes from rAthena), you have the whole bundle of tools and guides how everything has been packed and how to update the client by itself.

Why do you need to update?
For May 2018, to be clear, there are no reasons at all. Earlier there were tons of reasons because since may 2017 released tons of very useful content (dorams, rodex, achievements, new files structure of rAthena packages, and so on), what does it mean? That means that right now you have no sense to update the package until you really decide that you really need it. Because out the box you have -> latest most stable game client which support almost all effects, content, dorams, skills, features what coded in the emulator. 

Maybe after 6month or later some parts of the package possible will be not actual (but to be clear, I do not see why it will be not actual) and you, via just a few clicks can upgrade it to the latest version (of course you need to know git basics (but you already have a video which demonstrate how easy upgrade it)).

On 4/29/2018 at 3:26 PM, jvboytheman said:

Forgive me for asking, but since I already had the initial release (March 2017) one, can I just update the rathena files from the April 2018 release? 

Like, I just want the new content so can I just extract that from the April 2018 release and paste it over my March 2017 one? OR do I still need to update everything else? 

With that comes the question, if I download the April 2018 release how can I preserve the current data from the March 2017 one? Thanks in advance!

1. No, you can't new package is not compatible with previous one. Please use the latest one.

2. You need to upgrade everything else, since 2017 version changed ~200k lines of code, tons of structural changes which is impossible for a newbie to transfer. This is hard, I mean you are not able to do it in easy way. If you have some configured content at your emulator from 2017 version, just transfer it to 2018. You need to remember, that with updates to emulator codebase, and client, here is database structures (which different with different time) too. 

On 4/28/2018 at 6:31 AM, Azarth said:

Can this pack work at linux?

yes, but configuration part will be very different, in few words: you need install your mysql-server following a guide, add databases, compile server, and play. To be clear, it will require the same efforts like for building own server. So this package will be useless for you, maybe as an example. Under wine, the emulator will not work with very high chances. 

On 4/29/2018 at 9:35 AM, Quesooo said:

how to implement some changes or new npc ingame?

i already have some changes like devils tower on github pull request when i restart server the npc doesnt appeared ingame

1st maybe i dont add it on re/athena_conf.txt but when i double check the files i believed its already complete but weird npc doesnt showing

You need read too much first.

1. This part after "Whats Next": https://web.archive.org/web/20180420124127/https://rathena.org/board/topic/109823-ragnarok-online-complete-local-server-client-pack-2018-make-your-ro-server-in-less-then-5-minutes/

2. /doc/script_commands.txt

3. https://github.com/rathena/rathena/wiki/scripting

18 minutes ago, Edel Raid said:

Hi, @Anacondaqq!

Can you help me to solve this problem. I don't know what does it mean, so i can't google it.

I don't know what is it. Try different webserver and php  version in options of openserver (but do not touch mysql part), save and restart.

22 minutes ago, Anacondaqq said:

I don't know what is it. Try different webserver and php  version in options of openserver (but do not touch mysql part), save and restart.

After trying some other HTTP and PHP: (Please se the picture)

I have never met this problem when i used your pack 2017. Since pack 2018, it happens many times. I don't know why.

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, Edel Raid said:

After trying some other HTTP and PHP: (Please se the picture)

I have never met this problem when i used your pack 2017. Since pack 2018, it happens many times. I don't know why.

Capture.PNG

Oh, i really don't know. Are you need some easy to use tool to manage your database? https://www.adminer.org/en/ check this. Just download single file place it to localhost directory, and go localhost/script_name -> press enter, and its lightweight alternative for managing SQL without animation. What about phpmyadmin, I really don't know what error you have.