Ragnarok Online complete offline server & client pack 2019 | Make your RO server in less than 5 minutes

anacondaq

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

19 hours ago, kalabasa said:

10 12 says are not supported and sorry my bad 11 is not available on the files

First of all, I don't know where have you got VS 2010 C++ Express (its hard to find in current days). And it was very long ago when I tried to compile emulator with VS2010. Try VS 2010, if it does not work, something is incorrect. I suggest you install VS 2017 community (if you can), yes, the size is heavy (~7-8GB) but it will worth it (you can use it for up to date rAthena code compilations). And use _15.sln for it. 

• Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  478

Yeah its heavy and my laptop cant handle the specs i got a friend which is much capable to handle visual studio is it possible to someone recompile my server? is that possible?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2

Hello Anacondaq, i have a question too.

i'm already finish extract the rar and open server seem doesn't have a problem, but when i'm trying to run 2015-11-04aRagexe only black screen have shown.

Untitled.png

Edited by Newbie34

On 14.12.2017 at 5:29 PM, kalabasa said:

Yeah its heavy and my laptop cant handle the specs i got a friend which is much capable to handle visual studio is it possible to someone recompile my server? is that possible?

2 hours ago, Newbie34 said:

Hello Anacondaq, i have a question too.

i'm already finish extract the rar and open server seem doesn't have a problem, but when i'm trying to run 2015-11-04aRagexe only black screen have shown.

Untitled.png

Try to play with OpenSetup.exe (setup.exe) at LUA tab (not reg one), make sure you have downloaded full game client and update it. Plus make sure you choose correct resolution, and do not forget to play with your ATI driver settings. As far as i know RO does not have too much issues with radeon cards, because radeon still support old deprecated code, while nvidia has many issues with RO on modern cards and OS.

2 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

Try to play with OpenSetup.exe (setup.exe) at LUA tab (not reg one), make sure you have downloaded full game client and update it. Plus make sure you choose correct resolution, and do not forget to play with your ATI driver settings. As far as i know RO does not have too much issues with radeon cards, because radeon still support old deprecated code, while nvidia has many issues with RO on modern cards and OS.

Waw thx anacondaqq, i didn't mention about it. glad to see your mentor.

I'm new as a gamer, and i feel exicited found ragnarok can be played with openkore so i can learn scripting while i study other language. Anacondaqq i can't find exp.txt at db folder.. i try to increase level gap.

Edited by Newbie34

• Content Count:  1

Would like to ask since google isnt nice to me. 

I followed all your notes. All the readme and did almost everything. But server is still not connecting. 

I wanted to play this with no internet so i am quite sad that i cannot manage to make it work. Even the char,login,etc servers are open my client cant connect. Please do help me. Desperate to play

15 hours ago, Shuren021 said:

I followed all your notes. All the readme and did almost everything. But server is still not connecting. 

provide errors, screenshots, text, and so on. How can i  help, if i don't see what is wrong? Use getsharex.com to make screenshots.

• Content Count:  1

Hello Anacondaqq.

Thx for ur hardwork. 

I've issue here, where it says "Unable to take port 80 because it is already in use: Windows Services" every time i try to run server.

5a395779290cd_port80.png.88e92c9d514149011783fb881858a5f9.png

also, at the advance tab, cant click either.

5a39585d31bdb_notshow.png.8479fd8c91fb47cf9333bca1d6ed96ef.png

and failed when run runserve.bat

failed.thumb.png.ebec6f07c74a1d75bfd0d71ae56f1dcf.png

Thx again in advise sir.

11 hours ago, Neo VeiL said:

Hello Anacondaqq.

Thx for ur hardwork. 

I've issue here, where it says "Unable to take port 80 because it is already in use: Windows Services" every time i try to run server.

5a395779290cd_port80.png.88e92c9d514149011783fb881858a5f9.png

also, at the advance tab, cant click either.

5a39585d31bdb_notshow.png.8479fd8c91fb47cf9333bca1d6ed96ef.png

and failed when run runserve.bat

failed.thumb.png.ebec6f07c74a1d75bfd0d71ae56f1dcf.png

Thx again in advise sir.

Yea, as you understand, you have some running service which using 80 port on your PC. You can solve the issue in different ways:

1. Easy one

Open settings of open server (click on Reg Flag -> Settings -> Server -> Port SEttings and change 80 port to any other number what you like in range 10000-65000 and click save.

paxskZ.png

This is the easy way, you just change the port of your local webserver to a different number, that means if you will need to launch local site or get access to phpmyadmin, you should enter that port in the end of the address. This way of solving your case is not really good (to be clear it's really bad). So I suggest you totally different way, which a little bit harder, but correct below:

2. Hard one

Download and install Process Hacker, the tool is safe, and you need that tool to identify WHICH program/service or I dunno utilize 80 port, to make proper actions later with this file.

Than open process hacker, open network tab and in search field box enter 80 and find the app which using 80 port on your local machine.

Identify what is that, is that service or process, and try to turn it off, or find a way how to turn it off / change it I dunno (depends on you what you wish to do with that).

It can be Skype, it can be another process, I dunno, it can be I dunno what. So please make sure that you free 80 port before launching OpenServer (usually this port MUST NOT BE used if you do not have pre-installed web-server software on your pc (usually not).

MmWJyl.png

Edited by Anacondaqq

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

22 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

provide errors, screenshots, text, and so on. How can i  help, if i don't see what is wrong? Use getsharex.com to make screenshots.

So this is the client that should be running right? 

So the 2015-11-04ragexe.exe  that came with the package connects to IRO if i have internet. 

Is there anything i should change like IP adress or anything for the ragexe to detect the offline server? Cos when there is no internet it fails to connect to server but if there is it connects to iRo. Hope you can help me figure this out not much of a techy guy here

20171220_162338.jpg

20171220_162332.jpg

20171220_162322.jpg

Hi man,

How can I play in this server with my brother? 

There is any way to start the server and he connects to this server through other computer in my LAN?

3 minutes ago, Ruann said:

There is any way to start the server and he connects to this server through other computer in my LAN?

yes, you can do that. All that you need to do, it's change IP in client-side grf with GRF editor to your IP of your local one IP (192.168.0.* or I dunno which one are you using).

So everything is simple, for example, you have 2 PCs, PC A (yours) and PC B (your brother)

Both of you connected to lan and you see each other PC's LAN IP

For example, your IP is: 192.168.0.5, mask: 255.255.255.0, gateway (your router one, or no gateway if you connected directly via cable without any router)

So, you need instal Server Database Editor and edit clientinfo.xml and change 127.0.0.1 to your 192.168.0.5 IP address (just example numbers, make sure you put here correct one). Save file, save grf. Try to run the server, then run the game client. If it works, copy-paste your game-client to your brother PC, it should work 

• Love 1

Thank you so much man.

I'll try with him.

• Content Count:  3

Hi Anacondaqq thanks for this pack, it's very helpfull.

I have an issue: when I execute the "2015-11-04aRagexe.exe" nothing happens. I've downloaded the full kRO, but didn't have any effect. I also disabled my antivirus, but same result. Any idea what it might be?

5 hours ago, Todoroki said:

Hi Anacondaqq thanks for this pack, it's very helpfull.

I have an issue: when I execute the "2015-11-04aRagexe.exe" nothing happens. I've downloaded the full kRO, but didn't have any effect. I also disabled my antivirus, but same result. Any idea what it might be?

1. Download and run Process Hacker or Process Explorer (does not matter what you like)
  2. Check, is executed file is running in the process by entering part of file name (for example 2015) to search/filter box
  3. If running - terminate (kill process)
  4. Find in the game client folder "setup.exe" or "opensetup.exe" which is distributed with the package (thx to ai4rei) and launch it
  5. Click in left bottom corner on the blue "LUA" icon, then select your video adapter and proper resolution
  6. Apply, OK
  7. Try to launch the game exe (2015-11-04aRagexe.exe), everything must works
  8. If it does not help, reproduce all steps from 1 to this one, but make sure that a process is running in the background. If it is. than run opensetup and at settings tag reset all settings to default. 
Edited by Anacondaqq

16 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:
  1. Download and run Process Hacker or Process Explorer (does not matter what you like)
  2. Check, is executed file is running in the process by entering part of file name (for example 2015) to search/filter box
  3. If running - terminate (kill process)
  4. Find in the game client folder "setup.exe" or "opensetup.exe" which is distributed with the package (thx to ai4rei) and launch it
  5. Click in left bottom corner on the blue "LUA" icon, then select your video adapter and proper resolution
  6. Apply, OK
  7. Try to launch the game exe (2015-11-04aRagexe.exe), everything must works
  8. If it does not help, reproduce all steps from 1 to this one, but make sure that a process is running in the background. If it is. than run opensetup and at settings tag reset all settings to default. 

Thanks for the help but it didn't work :( 

Can it be related with the problem when I open the "Ragnarok_RE.exe"? When I open it, the screen get frozen like the screen below:
image.png.6cebc62151e7c0f0b4e4d6a65a0dc479.png

2 hours ago, Todoroki said:

Thanks for the help but it didn't work :( 

Can it be related with the problem when I open the "Ragnarok_RE.exe"? When I open it, the screen get frozen like the screen below:
image.png.6cebc62151e7c0f0b4e4d6a65a0dc479.png

You don' need to run Ragexe_RE or any like that exe. Only 2015-11-04aRagexe.exe, nothing more.

And yes, you can remove ragexe.exe from the folder. 

3 hours ago, Anacondaqq said:

You don' need to run Ragexe_RE or any like that exe. Only 2015-11-04aRagexe.exe, nothing more.

And yes, you can remove ragexe.exe from the folder. 

I got it. I just thought it could be related, but it doesn't open anyway. I downloaded again, copied the files from the folder, but nothing happens when I execute it.

10 hours ago, Todoroki said:

I got it. I just thought it could be related, but it doesn't open anyway. I downloaded again, copied the files from the folder, but nothing happens when I execute it.

are you see process in process list with process hacker or process editor? If yes, and its shutdown, try to install for example: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads i dunno how to help you. The problem at your own side... 

• Content Count:  5

4 hours ago, Indianrok said:

Other Issue: second GM account which you already created admin2   (account id:2000001), client window freeze. Below is that screen.

screenrAthena029.thumb.jpg.f1f075eae4169dfcfcfd2c52911a58b9.jpg

I second this, "admin2" account freezes. Though I was able to temp fix it by setting account ID to either 99 or 0

Hi there, thanks so much for the detailed guide! But I have a question.. I read from the comments that others saying about this package could not be changed to let other players connect to my RO server. Is this true? If so, why (is the database unscalable etc)?

Yes I know the title states Offline Package, but couldn't we make certain alterations so that other players could connect from their homes? I wish for nothing big, but for some of my friends to be able to connect to my server from their homes and play together.

Thanks!

On 26.12.2017 at 4:14 PM, LuffyKudo23 said:

I second this, "admin2" account freezes. Though I was able to temp fix it by setting account ID to either 99 or 0

Freezes game client? Or nothing happen in the game? If yes, try to repair mysql table. 

53 minutes ago, Valen90 said:

Hi there, thanks so much for the detailed guide! But I have a question.. I read from the comments that others saying about this package could not be changed to let other players connect to my RO server. Is this true? If so, why (is the database unscalable etc)?

Yes I know the title states Offline Package, but couldn't we make certain alterations so that other players could connect from their homes? I wish for nothing big, but for some of my friends to be able to connect to my server from their homes and play together.

Thanks!

Hi, first of all, this package just for "education purposes". The main mission of it does not give you or any other guy a complete solution, but just give you simple entry point to start from. I know how hard for newbies do everything that done by 10-15 minutes by me in the package without proper documentation and so on. This is just very primitive template how +- everything looks like. Nothing more. If you wish to make a RO server where others will connect to from their homes, you should follow the template, edit some settings and make your own one and host it on linux server (Digital Ocean for example). The main ideas and "howtos" explained in the first post of the topic. Rest is on users own. But the abstract basic things will be always the same. That means you always need some mysql-like server, some client, server-side compiled (for linux platform, or for windows, depends on where will you host the server), you need configuring clientinfo.xml in your grf and etc. So, if answer directly to your question

"Could others connect to this server in the package from their homes"? I will answer -> yes they can. Easier way -> make sure you have white IP (IP address which is accessed from the internet) or you have rent windows server (which is costly to be clear) and just follow few mini-steps explained in the first post (like you do it when launching on windows) but with only one difference. You should edit inside grf clientinfo.xml and change 127.0.0.1 to your public ip address of your white ip address to make able others to connect. But this is very insecure, and not recommend method at all.

The "true" way how to make an RO server is:

1. Buy any linux-based VPS (cent-os, or ubuntu, or debian) with at least 1GB of RAM (there are really a lot of providers which selling it)
  2. Follow official guide and try to setup everything (install mysql server, install important software required for server compiling)
  3. Configure server-side config files to make able others to connect to the server
  4. Configure mysql-server, create databases, create users with permissions which will be able to connect to mysql-server and read/write to the database
  5. setup client
  6. test everything
  7. play

• Content Count:  5

On 12/28/2017 at 12:02 AM, Anacondaqq said:

I  have checked manually the script logic, and I did not found issues. Hm, but it can be a bug. I dunno how to help you with that. 

I see, it can indeed be a bug >.>., thanks for replying :)

On 12/28/2017 at 12:03 AM, Anacondaqq said:

Freezes game client? Or nothing happen in the game? If yes, try to repair mysql table. 

Apologize for the confusion, game client is okay., it's just that the character freezes

you can open every window, move the mouse cursor etc., but the character won't move, sit, nor use emoticons :o

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year! Cheers!

God Bless =>

Edited by LuffyKudo23