• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  186

How? Can someone teach me?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2223

Edit the file /config/application.php and enable email confirmation:

'RequireEmailConfirm'  => true,					// Require e-mail confirmation during registration.

Then configure your email settings:

'MailerFromAddress'    => 'noreply@localhost',      // The e-mail address displayed in the From field.
'MailerFromName'       => 'MailerName',             // The name displayed with the From e-mail address.
'MailerUseSMTP'        => false,                    // Whether or not to use a separate SMTP server for sending mail.
'MailerSMTPUseSSL'     => false,                    // Whether or not mailer should connect using SSL (yes for GMail).
'MailerSMTPUseTLS'     => false,                    // Same as above SSL setting, but for TLS.  This setting will override the SSL setting.
'MailerSMTPPort'       => null,                     // When MailerUseSMTP is true: SMTP server port (mailer will default to 25).
'MailerSMTPHosts'      => null,                     // When MailerUseSMTP is true: A string host or array of hosts (e.g., 'host1' or array('host1', 'backuphost')).
'MailerSMTPUsername'   => null,                     // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized username for SMTP server.
'MailerSMTPPassword'   => null,                     // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized password for SMTP server (for above user).

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  162

i having problem with the email verification too, it doesn't seem to work at all after using different settings using my gmail account.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  530

tried it too but no email verification received.

i notice something at the application.php with

'MailerSMTPPort'	   => null,					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: SMTP server port (mailer will default to 25).

it says it will enable port 25 as the default port where it should not because your the one putting the right port so the emailer can work as it should. fishy!

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

I've gotten to work correctly, but when you login it, you get blocked because your email is pending.. when.. how can we confirm if we need to login to even confirm given by the link we get emailed? >.>. Stupid flux.

i have made mine like that and the status of the account is pending and the account cane be login until its verified. you will notice that its working if you notice the browser start loading but the problem is that at the end the phpemailer fails to send the data to the smtp email you are using. hope jaypee and calciumkid can look into this phpemailer.php at /lib/ and even the the Mailer.php located at /lib/Flux/

So what can we do to fix this? o_o

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  243

Tested on latest fluxcp-renewal with GMail settings (mentioned here) and it worked. I received the email, I clicked the confirmation link, and the account can now be accessed.

'RequireEmailConfirm'  => true,					 // Require e-mail confirmation during registration.

'MailerFromAddress'    => '[email protected]',      // The e-mail address displayed in the From field.
'MailerFromName'       => 'Xantara - CP',             // The name displayed with the From e-mail address.
'MailerUseSMTP'        => true,                    // Whether or not to use a separate SMTP server for sending mail.
'MailerSMTPUseSSL'     => true,                    // Whether or not mailer should connect using SSL (yes for GMail).
'MailerSMTPUseTLS'     => false,                    // Same as above SSL setting, but for TLS.  This setting will override the SSL setting.
'MailerSMTPPort'       => 465,                     // When MailerUseSMTP is true: SMTP server port (mailer will default to 25).
'MailerSMTPHosts'      => 'smtp.gmail.com',                     // When MailerUseSMTP is true: A string host or array of hosts (e.g., 'host1' or array('host1', 'backuphost')).
'MailerSMTPUsername'   => '[email protected]',                     // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized username for SMTP server.
'MailerSMTPPassword'   => '****',                     // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized password for SMTP server (for above user).

Note: Input for 'MailerSMTPPassword' has been starred out.

Also, if you think there is a bug with FluxCP, please also send in an issue (here) so that CalciumKid (and others) are aware and can look into it. (You can still inquire about it on rA boards but an email notification is sent to the us if an issue is created =p)

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  647

@Xantara.. Same Configuration.. but still got this Error

"Your account has been created, but unfortunately we failed to send an e-mail due to technical difficulties. Please contact a staff member and request for assistance."

Edited by Rage

Hmm... weird. Check the file that should be created in the flux/data/logs/errors/mail/ directory. It should have an error message inside... ><;

here's what i've seen in my mail

[2012-04-24 09:01:09] SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host. (while attempting -- Recipient: [email protected], Subject: Account Confirmation)

Are you using GMail as your outgoing mail server? If you don't mind, could you show what you put (minus the password)?

You can also try using these settings (TLS and port change). I tested this configuration as well and it still works (for GMail).

'RequireEmailConfirm'  => true,                     // Require e-mail confirmation during registration.
'MailerFromAddress'    => '[email protected]',      // The e-mail address displayed in the From field.
'MailerFromName'       => 'Xantara - CP',             // The name displayed with the From e-mail address.
'MailerUseSMTP'        => true,                    // Whether or not to use a separate SMTP server for sending mail.
'MailerSMTPUseSSL'     => false,                    // Whether or not mailer should connect using SSL (yes for GMail).
'MailerSMTPUseTLS'     => true,                    // Same as above SSL setting, but for TLS.  This setting will override the SSL setting.
'MailerSMTPPort'       => 587,                     // When MailerUseSMTP is true: SMTP server port (mailer will default to 25).
'MailerSMTPHosts'      => 'smtp.gmail.com',                     // When MailerUseSMTP is true: A string host or array of hosts (e.g., 'host1' or array('host1', 'backuphost')).
'MailerSMTPUsername'   => '[email protected]',                     // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized username for SMTP server.
'MailerSMTPPassword'   => '****',                     // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized password for SMTP server (for above user).

Yes Xantara, BTW Here's My Configuration..

'RequireEmailConfirm'  => true,					// Require e-mail confirmation during registration.
'RequireChangeConfirm' => false,					// Require confirmation when changing e-mail addresses.
'EmailConfirmExpire'   => 48,					   // E-mail confirmations expire hours. Unconfirmed accounts will expire after this period of time.
'MailerFromAddress'	=> '[email protected]',	  // The e-mail address displayed in the From field.
'MailerFromName'	   => 'TestRO Account Confirmation',			 // The name displayed with the From e-mail address.
'MailerUseSMTP'		=> true,					// Whether or not to use a separate SMTP server for sending mail.
'MailerSMTPUseSSL'	 => true,					// Whether or not mailer should connect using SSL (yes for GMail).
'MailerSMTPUseTLS'	 => false,					// Same as above SSL setting, but for TLS.  This setting will override the SSL setting.
'MailerSMTPPort'	   => 465,					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: SMTP server port (mailer will default to 25).
'MailerSMTPHosts'	  => 'smtp.gmail.com',					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: A string host or array of hosts (e.g., 'host1' or array('host1', 'backuphost')).
'MailerSMTPUsername'   => '[email protected]',					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized username for SMTP server.
'MailerSMTPPassword'   => '*********',					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized password for SMTP server (for above user).

Edited by Rage

I'm not 100% sure but after my guess and some quick research makes my think that the problem is that your host is blocking outbound connections to GMail's SMTP host and port.

Here are some suggestions:

• Verify: If you have shell/terminal access to your web hosting server, try a telnet test to verify that they are in fact blocking this. Run telnet smtp.gmail.com 465
  • Contact: Call or email your hosting provider and find out what SMTP server they provide for outbound relay. Make sure they know you want to use your @gmail.com address as the From/Reply-to address.
  • Update code: Once your host provides you with a different mail server, update your code and try again.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/6209111

• Upvote 1

How do you set up a gmail email account for Flux? o_O

How do you set up a gmail email account for Flux? o_O

Sorry, Mysterious, I'm not quite sure what you mean on how I set it up. ><;; It was a regular Gmail account that I used to test FluxCP's email sender function.. I apologize if I misunderstood.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  30

am having same problem i checked mail logs

[2012-05-01 04:20:10] The following From address failed: [email protected] (while attempting -- Recipient: [email protected], Subject: Account Confirmation)

please help me

@creed.sin: Firstly, are you sure that the email address works? Have you tried sending emails from it before? I'm not 100% sure as I've never encountered that type of error, but from some quick searching, it may be best to use a different SMTP server or otherwise ask your host to make sure outgoing connections are enabled for your host (as a post I've read mentioned that a host, GoDaddy, for example, initially blocks them via firewall).

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  707

Hi creed.sin,

'[email protected]' is not a valid e-mail. You must use your gmail e-mail if you are sending with SMTP.

• Content Count:  587

I use xantara's fluxcp and follow previous guide but it dosn't work for me

any one can help me ?

1clImw.jpg

'RequireEmailConfirm'  => true,  
'MailerFromAddress'	=> '[email protected]',	  // The e-mail address displayed in the From field.
'MailerFromName'	   => 'Flux Ro',			 // The name displayed with the From e-mail address.
'MailerUseSMTP'		=> true,					// Whether or not to use a separate SMTP server for sending mail.
'MailerSMTPUseSSL'	 => true,					// Whether or not mailer should connect using SSL (yes for GMail).
'MailerSMTPUseTLS'	 => false,					// Same as above SSL setting, but for TLS.  This setting will override the SSL setting.
'MailerSMTPPort'	   => 465,					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: SMTP server port (mailer will default to 25).
'MailerSMTPHosts'	  => 'smtp.gmail.com',					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: A string host or array of hosts (e.g., 'host1' or array('host1', 'backuphost')).
'MailerSMTPUsername'   => '[email protected]',					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized username for SMTP server.
'MailerSMTPPassword'   => '*********',

Edited by QQfoolsorellina

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  1942

I use xantara's fluxcp and follow previous guide but it dosn't work for me

any one can help me ?

1clImw.jpg

'RequireEmailConfirm'  => true,  
'MailerFromName'	   => 'Flux Ro',			 // The name displayed with the From e-mail address.
'MailerSMTPPassword'   => '*********',

make sure you configure correctly your SMTP Mailer Server.

I want to use my gmail account to send verification email and already Enabled POP

MailerSMTPHosts' => 'smtp.gmail.com',

Do i left out any configuration ?

Edited by QQfoolsorellina

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  1942

I want to use my gmail account to send verification email and already Enabled POP

is this a hosting site?

is this a hosting site?

I m not sure what should I fill in the MailerSMTPHosts field ,

but the previous guide in the thread is MailerSMTPHosts' => 'smtp.gmail.com'

is it correct or not?

Hmm... your config looks good. Try if these questions found on this site helps you figure out the problem.

Particularly,

Have you enabled POP or IMAP in Gmail?

Sign in to the Gmail web interface.Open the 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' tab on your 'Settings' page, and configure IMAP or POP. After enabling this in Gmail, make sure you click 'Save Changes' so Gmail can communicate with your mail client.