• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1195

5 new mods have been added:

• Profile Statistics
  • Group Name Indicator (Legend)
  • Members Online Today
  • Topic Viewed by User
  • Password Strength Meter

Profile Statistics is a new chart that has been added to everyone's profile. The chart allows you to view a history of your posting habits and where you post the most in. To view the chart:

My Profile > Stats (left-hand side)

Group Name Indicator has been added after a few users have asked for it. It shows what colour belongs to what group and is listed at the bottom of the forum page (Index only).

Members Online Today is a list of everyone that has viewed any part of the forums the same day (from 0:00 to 23:59). It is also listed at the bottom of the forum page (Index only).

Topic Viewed by User is a mod that currently allows see (everyone) who has read the topic you are in so far.

Lastly, a Password Strengh Meter has been added to the registration page to give new users a visual cue to how strong their passwords are.

That is all for now!

Edited by Z3R0
He can't count...
  • Upvote 4

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  399

Stats ftw, and also loving the online today mod. It's always fun to see just how many people have signed on in the past 24 hours. Awesome stuff guys!

• Topic Count:  146

Stats ftw, and also loving the online today mod. It's always fun to see just how many people have signed on in the past 24 hours. Awesome stuff guys!

Currently set to show only people online during that given day. Should I change it to last 24 hours?

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  399

No real preference I suppose. I'm just happy to see additional stats on the board index.

This is also hella snazzy:

This topic has been visited by 6 user(s) [ Collapse ]

Xantara, Roberto, Maki, jTynne, Emistry, Brian

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

Should I change it to last 24 hours?

i think nope..xD

since it is for "Online for the Given Day" ...if included past 24 hours...then i think might fused with the users from "Yesterday" instead of Today ~ ^^

anyway,....i love the Password Strength Meter... ( just wonder my Password was...Weak...O.O )

and also the Stats....xD it listed all the Posts infor i have made in this Forum and the Reputation Point...Wow ~

Nice Works on this xD

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  392

Profile Statistics is a new chart that has been added to everyone's profile. The chart allows you to view a history of your posting habits and where you post the most in. To view the chart:

My Profile > Stats (left-hand side)

This is great! (+1)

What about 'what thread he/she's currently viewing' I'm not entirely sure if it's already implemented, but I haven't notice xd

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2223

In IPB 3, they moved this info into the popup when you mouse-over someone's name.

post-237-0-73677600-1323303153_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

In IPB 3, they moved this info into the popup when you mouse-over someone's name.

Oh, that's great, thanks Brian.

• Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  1335

Members Online Today is a list of everyone that has viewed any part of the forums the same day (from 0:00 to 23:59). It is also listed at the bottom of the forum page (Index only).

Topic Viewed by User is a mod that currently allows see (everyone) who has read the topic you are in so far.

I don't think I like this mod....it shows members that have viewed a topic anonymously or have logged into the board anonymously. Some people don't like this kind of attention, hence why they're hidden in the first place. >.<

Me too. No one cares who has logged in the forum this day.

And it looks horrible when you enter in the index page, and see 300 member names, its useless, and looks so unclean.

We don't need to have that, Please remove it... this is good for small forums, or small communities, not this one.To Forum Admin have you realised in the near future, that we can have 1,000 names? that part of the forum will be bigger than the forum itself.

Also you should make a poll or something before adding some things. Not all, but some things you should. Keep the forum simple. Password meter is useless, as also forum stats.... that only overcharges the forum website server, for nothing.

Btw: I though Brian was the forum manager. Or I'm wrong?

Edited by Olrox

There is a "Collapse" link so if people want, they can hide that section (and your setting is saved in a cookie).

Both Maki and I are Forum Managers, but Maki's group is changed right now to the unicorn logo :D

I don't think I like this mod....it shows members that have viewed a topic anonymously or have logged into the board anonymously. Some people don't like this kind of attention, hence why they're hidden in the first place. >.<

Me too. No one cares who has logged in the forum this day.

And it looks horrible when you enter in the index page, and see 300 member names, its useless, and looks so unclean.

We don't need to have that, Please remove it... this is good for small forums, or small communities, not this one.To Forum Admin have you realised in the near future, that we can have 1,000 names? that part of the forum will be bigger than the forum itself.

Also you should make a poll or something before adding some things. Not all, but some things you should. Keep the forum simple. Password meter is useless, as also forum stats.... that only overcharges the forum website server, for nothing.

Btw: I though Brian was the forum manager. Or I'm wrong?

As Brian said you can collapse the "Members Online Today" mod as Brian stated. Your reasoning of the future is also correct and we will observe it and decide which action to take when the time comes, we will look into it!

Password meter is a visual cue to help people create stronger passwords if they decide to use it. Profile* stats is just a nifty feature that we like having around =p None of these mods overly-tax the forum resources, they are not noticeable at all nor is there any noticeable extra loading time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  56

i like this one because when i request or need help I can see who viewed my post so for example i request a script and some good scripter viewed it days ago i know what to expect :D

• Upvote 1

i like this one because when i request or need help I can see who viewed my post so for example i request a script and some good scripter viewed it days ago i know what to expect :D

Exact reason it is there and how it should be used. I use it to keep tabs on important topics to see if certain people who should have read it, did read it! Otherwise to inform them to read that topic and comment.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  318

I like these small additions to the forum. They make the community board that much nicer.

The "Members Online Today" mod just shows how active the board is, and even some of the really huge boards have this implemented in. I don't see a problem with it seeing how you can set to collapse it. Or, you can set it so that the number of people is shown and not just everyone's names. Either way seems fine.

We should get a thanks button here haha XD. The Topic Viewed mod is great as well.

• Upvote 1

We should get a thanks button here haha XD.

For now, I have been clicking +1 rep_up.png to also thank someone. :D

• Upvote 4

There's no "Topic Viewed by User" feat. in the spanish support.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  257

IPB has a "like" feature. Enable it?

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

IPB has a "like" feature. Enable it?

Yea, IPB does have that feature, but you can only enable the Like or +'s.. too bad you can't enable the +'s and the Like at the same time :D

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  802

I think we should focus on privacity as well. I'm usually busy and people spam my inbox when they see I'm online (they may think I'm free lol). This problem is faced by many other members probably :S

On a side note, we don't really need that "like" system. We already have +1 system which is more suitable for us (and again, it focuses on privacity)

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  10015

I think we should focus on privacity as well. I'm usually busy and people spam my inbox when they see I'm online (they may think I'm free lol). This problem is faced by many other members probably :S

Agree.....maybe we can implant a feature to allow users control his own "Online / Offline / Busy / Away" Status ?

something that look like Status managing that appear in most of the communication tool...but dunno can this apply on Forum or not ~

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  318

The reputation system is good enough; I just like the thanks button mod because it would connect people on a more personal level. Just seen a few people sharing downloads and IPB modifications on other forums where people would use the thanks button instead of spamming "Thanks" posts. The reputation points are just to show if the thread/post is good--the thanks button is for appreciating whoever posted the download links, files, etc. But yeah, this mod is not a priority anyways XD.

It'll be cool if a status managing system can be implemented, but you would have to play around with IPB a lot... Don't think such a modficiation exists yet.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  387

Are you talking about the member reputation system? Where it shows what kinda rep we have? If so, I actually dislike that idea, i've seen it be abused by people on other forums. I already like the little arrow thingies on the posts themselves, but I wouldn't want to have a negative reputation because someone just decides to get me -1's everyday because they dislike me. ( Not saying they would, but i've seen this happen before )

Reputation or even 'likes' to me aren't important here on rA. I know this is a community and we're all awesome and like to chit chat and be laid back, but if anything this should be on the lowest of lows of priority. o_o;

• Upvote 4