About This File
This is a GRF tool I started to develop for my own personnal use, but I thought I'd share it since I've upgraded the UI. Its primary goal is to be easy to use while offering a wide variety of options and customizations. The software is quite stable and can handle large operations easily.
How to install
- Download the zip archive provided from the download link at the bottom of this description or directly from there : http://www.mediafire.com/?aflylbhblrzpz0h
- Install the application with GRF Editor Installer.exe; if you are missing a .NET Framework you will be prompted to download it.
- Once you are done, you can start the program from the link on your desktop.
- Overall speed is faster (or at least equal) than any GRF tool.
- Common operations : add, delete, merge, extract, preview, save.
- Undo and redo for any operation.
- It can open any GRF file.
- Clean and very interactive interface.
- Saving formats supported : 0x200, 0x103 and 0x102 (through the Settings page) and conversion to the Thor format.
- Instant filter and search options (example : "map .gat").
- File association and context menus integration for .grf, .gpf, .rgz and .thor (through the Settings page).
- Can rebuild separated images into one file easily.
- Drag and drop (with the ALT key, can be modified in the Settings page). This is a big part of the software; most of the items can be moved around within the application itself or from/to Windows Explorer.
- Sprite editor : a simple sprite editor with powerful features. Semi-transparent images can be added, you can easily change the order or replace images, etc. This tool can convert images in the wrong type by showing you multiple solutions (merging a new palette, dithering the image by using current palette, using the closest color, and a few more).
- Grf validation : allows you to validate a GRF with multiple settings. It can detect corrupted GRF entries, invalid sprites, empty files, non-GRF files, duplicate files and a lot more.
- Flat maps maker : generates flat maps from .gat and .rsw files. Useful to generate WoE maps or to fasten up the loading time.
- Patch maker : generates a GRF patch based on two different GRFs.
- Hash viewer : shows the hash code (both CRC32 and MD5) for files.
- Image converter : converts an image to any format requested (BMP, PNG, JPG, TGA).
- GrfCL : used to create batch files (.bat) which can automate tasks on GRF files. See the content in GrfCL.rar in the download for more information. This tool can be customized from the sources as well.
- Palette recolorer : creates new sprites by changing their colors (this tool is now deprecated).
- Client database editor : allows modifications of the database client files (txt and lua) with easy and simple tools. Work in progress.
- Requires .Net Framework 3.5 (SP1) Client Profile to run (3.5 or more will work as well).
- Automatically converts file name encoding to their proper values (you can change the encoding).
- Data virtualization is used as much as possible to preview files, meaning the files aren't completely loaded.
- Right-clicking an item will bring up the available options with that file.
- Preview file formats : txt, log, xml, lua, lub, bmp, png, tga, jpp, db, ebm, pal, gnd, rsw, gat, rsm, str, spr, act, imf, fna and wav.
- Services are "crash ready", meaning that you will be warned about a failed operation and no work will be lost (the application won't close and crash). It tries to continue operating even if it meets unsual conditions.
- Operations can be cancelled by clicking on the button near the progress bar.
- The warning level can be changed to avoid messages like "Please select a folder first."
- When prompted with an error, use Ctrl-C to copy the current dialog's content.
1) Previewing an act file, while showing the search feature
2) Preview of a model file (rsm)
3) Preview of GrfCL with the MakeGrf command
4) Preview of maps
5) Preview of Grf validation
6) Search feature (press Ctrl-F or Ctrl-H to bring up within a text editor)
Got a feedback? I'd gladly hear you out and fix issues you have with the program.
What's New in Version 1.2.2 See changelog
- Put in place a module to minimize CPU "lag" as much as possible. This option monitors the CPU usage and it dynamically change the number of threads doing work. The main purpose of this feature is to avoid situations where the CPU could reach 100% usage and hence lagging the entire system.
- Did more tests on the zlib libraries' performance since previous versions of the program were faster; it appears zlib.net.dll is a lot quicker than Ionic.zlib.dll, hence switching back to it.
- Added three new tools : a GRF patch maker, a hash viewer and an image converter. See the description for more information.
- Fixed a bug in the RSW format for the Sound object; version 0x109 sometimes add the Cycle value with no relation to its version.
- The Targa reader (TGA) can now read RLE encoded images for Bgr24 and Bgra32 (types 2 and 10 are supported).
- Now able to read FNA and IMF file formats.
- The GRF library no longer requires WPF to run.
- File type and sizes are now shown; you can filter by filename, type or size (ascending and descending).
- You can search for items directly by typing in the list for the "global search"; (the filename will be used for the direct search, not the full path, which was pointless).
- The search methods were extremely optimized to fit the new UI (which is slower), but the end result is actually faster than before so it doesn't matter.
- Navigating from the "global search" by using the Select command is now working properly.
- Added the feature to rebuild separated images (1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, etc).
- Downgraded the framework to .Net Framekwork 3.5 Client Profile; it should be a LOT more compatible for everyone.