About This File
This is a GRF tool I started to develop for my own personnal use, but I thought I'd share it since I've upgraded the UI. Its primary goal is to be easy to use while offering a wide variety of options and customizations. The software is quite stable and can handle large operations easily.
How to install
- Download the zip archive provided from the download link at the bottom of this description or directly from there : http://www.mediafire.com/?aflylbhblrzpz0h
- Install the application with GRF Editor Installer.exe; if you are missing a .NET Framework you will be prompted to download it.
- Once you are done, you can start the program from the link on your desktop.
- Overall speed is faster (or at least equal) than any GRF tool.
- Common operations : add, delete, merge, extract, preview, save.
- Undo and redo for any operation.
- It can open any GRF file.
- Clean and very interactive interface.
- Saving formats supported : 0x200, 0x103 and 0x102 (through the Settings page) and conversion to the Thor format.
- Instant filter and search options (example : "map .gat").
- File association and context menus integration for .grf, .gpf, .rgz and .thor (through the Settings page).
- Can rebuild separated images into one file easily.
- Drag and drop (with the ALT key, can be modified in the Settings page). This is a big part of the software; most of the items can be moved around within the application itself or from/to Windows Explorer.
- Sprite editor : a simple sprite editor with powerful features. Semi-transparent images can be added, you can easily change the order or replace images, etc. This tool can convert images in the wrong type by showing you multiple solutions (merging a new palette, dithering the image by using current palette, using the closest color, and a few more).
- Grf validation : allows you to validate a GRF with multiple settings. It can detect corrupted GRF entries, invalid sprites, empty files, non-GRF files, duplicate files and a lot more.
- Flat maps maker : generates flat maps from .gat and .rsw files. Useful to generate WoE maps or to fasten up the loading time.
- Patch maker : generates a GRF patch based on two different GRFs.
- Hash viewer : shows the hash code (both CRC32 and MD5) for files.
- Image converter : converts an image to any format requested (BMP, PNG, JPG, TGA).
- GrfCL : used to create batch files (.bat) which can automate tasks on GRF files. See the content in GrfCL.rar in the download for more information. This tool can be customized from the sources as well.
- Palette recolorer : creates new sprites by changing their colors (this tool is now deprecated).
- Client database editor : allows modifications of the database client files (txt and lua) with easy and simple tools. Work in progress.
- Requires .Net Framework 3.5 (SP1) Client Profile to run (3.5 or more will work as well).
- Automatically converts file name encoding to their proper values (you can change the encoding).
- Data virtualization is used as much as possible to preview files, meaning the files aren't completely loaded.
- Right-clicking an item will bring up the available options with that file.
- Preview file formats : txt, log, xml, lua, lub, bmp, png, tga, jpp, db, ebm, pal, gnd, rsw, gat, rsm, str, spr, act, imf, fna and wav.
- Services are "crash ready", meaning that you will be warned about a failed operation and no work will be lost (the application won't close and crash). It tries to continue operating even if it meets unsual conditions.
- Operations can be cancelled by clicking on the button near the progress bar.
- The warning level can be changed to avoid messages like "Please select a folder first."
- When prompted with an error, use Ctrl-C to copy the current dialog's content.
1) Previewing an act file, while showing the search feature
2) Preview of a model file (rsm)
3) Preview of GrfCL with the MakeGrf command
4) Preview of maps
5) Preview of Grf validation
6) Search feature (press Ctrl-F or Ctrl-H to bring up within a text editor)
Got a feedback? I'd gladly hear you out and fix issues you have with the program.
What's New in Version 22.214.171.124 See changelog
- [Added] GrfEditor : New setting to automatically lock added files or not (in the Settings page). This can slow down the application a lot if you're adding many files.
- [Added] GrfEditor : When selecting a palette file, you can now select a sprite file to preview it with.
- [Added] CDE : You can now undo and redo operations in the Client database editor.
- [Added] CDE : The resource image is now being shown for the items and cards.
- [Added] CDE : File association has been added for .cde files (through the Settings tab in CDE).
- [Modified] CDE : Tweaked several annoying issues, especially in the settings tab. You can now browse the files or drop them in the text boxes. The tooltips will show properly as well. There is no longer any virtualization for file paths in the settings; that means you must enter the full relative path or the absolute path for files. Drag and drop for the preview images has been enabled for the MetaGrfExplorer and the Cards tab. You can also select files/resources in explorer by right-clicking on elements.
- [Modified] CDE & GrfEditor : Undo and redo operations are now shown by using a drop down menu.
- [Modified] GRF : The GRF saving methods have been remade and the decompression should be slightly quicker.
- [Modified] GrfEditor : Increased the UI refresh rate when saving a file.
- [Modified] GrfEditor : Corrupted entries/GRFs will now be entirely shown.
- [Fixed] CDE : The export method was invalid when an entry contained a quotation mark, this has been fixed.
- [Fixed] GRF : Fixed the LubDecompiler display encoding.
- [Fixed] GRF : Rgz files will now be better integrated (yet again...).
- [Fixed] GRF : Thor files can be read (but not saved, yet; it should be better integrated in newer releases).
- [Fixed] GRF : Fixed a major bug when undoing a ChangeVersion command which would create invalid GRF versions.
- [Fixed] GrfEditor : Dropping a large amount of files will now be processed quickly.
- [Fixed] GrfEditor : Encryption has been enabled again. Please read the description for more info.
- [Fixed] GrfEditor : Graphic issue when undoing a folder drop operation on a specific condition.
- [Fixed] GrfEditor : When using the "Select" command, the file will be positionned in the middle of the list.
- [Fixed] GrfEditor : When saving a preview text file, the format will be selected to its default one (also the "Text (.txt)" filter was missing).