GRF: GRF Editor

Tokei

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  64

20 hours ago, Tokei said:

Hmmm, not entirely sure about the issue. This part though:

is confusing to me. The version on rAthena is not updated; the latest version available is "GRF Editor v1.8.4.1" and can be found on the mediafire link given on the download page ( https://www.mediafire.com/file/aflylbhblrzpz0h ). But it seems you have mismatching DLL files...? You could try moving the executable (GRF Editor.exe) to its own empty folder. The error itself is quite vague though. GRF Editor is compiled with .NET 3.5 (Client Profile), so you could try installing 3.5 alongside as well. 4.0 should work, but it's hard to tell with Windows's shenanigans sometimes. Can't really help you more though, it seems to be working fine for most people as far as I know, so the issue seems very specific to your Windows configuration.

Thanks for your reply Tokei,

Just know that I appreciate every moment you have spent writing and trying to help me with regards to my issue.

I have downloaded the newest version from the mediafire link you have mentioned but the error is still present.

I think this is because of the windows updates that had happened in the past few years that I had absolutely no control over.

GRF Editor is the best and I hope I can make it work sometime in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33

Hello, the current GRF editor 1.8.4.1 is not compatible with the latest KrO client 20220119, such as some maps( 1@iwp 、 1@jorchs 、 1@jorlab ), an error prompt will appear directly after opening. Will you update a higher version to view these map contents?

--------------          Message          --------------

Index out of range. Must be non negative and less than the collection size.

Parameter name: StartIndex
--------------        Stack trace        --------------
    GrfToWpfBridge.Application.DefaultErrorHandler._reportAnyManagedExceptions(String message, Exception exception, ErrorLevel errorLevel)
    GrfToWpfBridge.Application.DefaultErrorHandler.Handle(Exception exception, ErrorLevel errorLevel)
    GRFEditor.WPF.PreviewTabs.PreviewGnd._load(FileEntry entry)
    GRFEditor.WPF.PreviewTabs.FilePreviewTab._baseLoad(FileEntry entry)
    GRFEditor.WPF.PreviewTabs.FilePreviewTab.<Update>b__2()
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

--------------         Exception         --------------

System. Argumentoutofrangeexception: index out of range. Must be non negative and less than the collection size.

Parameter name: StartIndex

System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    System.BitConverter.ToInt32(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
    GRF.IO.ByteReader.Int32()
    GRF.FileFormats.RswFormat.Rsw._loadOjbects(IBinaryReader reader)
    GRF.FileFormats.RswFormat.Rsw..ctor(IBinaryReader reader)
    GRF.FileFormats.RswFormat.Rsw..ctor(MultiType data)
    GRFEditor.WPF.PreviewTabs.PreviewGnd._load(FileEntry entry)

Edited by Mael
Use codebox

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  64

Update, it worked now for me after upgrading to latest Windows update ?

• Love 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  57

Little bug happening to me: If you try to export .act animation to .gif facing position 6 or 7 this little "glitch" happens:

4_f_kafra1.gif

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  135

When using the patch maker, is there a way to add the password to each grf or the key file so we can make a patch from encrypted grf and make the patch also encrypted using a password/key?

Also is there a way to make a setting to allow "patch maker" put the new grf into a specific folder?

Edited by DR4LUC0N

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  657

On 4/5/2022 at 11:13 AM, DR4LUC0N said:

When using the patch maker, is there a way to add the password to each grf or the key file so we can make a patch from encrypted grf and make the patch also encrypted using a password/key?

Also is there a way to make a setting to allow "patch maker" put the new grf into a specific folder?

No on all questions. Full disclosure, I forgot this feature even existed and I'm really tempted to simply nuke it. I'd say it's not a good practice to generate patches using this tool.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

Hello. I'm new here. I just learned about grf editing a month ago. I saw some videos people having arrows/navi and flag warp numbers on their flat maps.

How do I do that? Specifically on WOE maps on FE and SE.

BTW, very nice program. Really like using this software and making the game more competitive and less laggy.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

Thank you so much for this tool! It's proved to be such useful that after so many years, we still depend on it! 

I see you have posted a previous version src code and I wonder if you have ever thought of making the tool open source? I really like it and i wish to learn from your code! So I wonder if you can share the source code of the current version maybe? 

Again, thank you so much for your work, and we really appreciate it!

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  15

Hello Thanks for the tool but I have an error "Failed to load the decompression library (Files.lzma.dll)" and I already have the VC++ 2015-2019 how can i fix this? ty

image.png.4d7007d443ec6f696d30133a61dc86c2.png

Edited by ermit123

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  271

grfeditor does not support data.grf more than 4GB, I tried to create a clean date with all contents of kRO, bRO, jRO, thRO and twRO. when finalizing all the files disappear inside the grf.

image.thumb.png.f9160beab2cb8ca5a06b68438ae8cbc3.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  142

But the RO client doesn't support grfs > 2GB at all (or did I miss something?), so why should the grf editor do? ^^

49 minutes ago, 15peaces said:

But the RO client doesn't support grfs > 2GB at all (or did I miss something?), so why should the grf editor do? ^^

The client can read up to uint32, so ~4GB. But you are indeed correct, GRF Editor shouldn't allow more than that either for obvious reasons. Though the check put in place for size limit is obviously not working, so I'd have to fix that.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  142

On 10/23/2022 at 3:37 PM, Tokei said:

The client can read up to uint32, so ~4GB. But you are indeed correct, GRF Editor shouldn't allow more than that either for obvious reasons. Though the check put in place for size limit is obviously not working, so I'd have to fix that.

If this is the case, I wonder why my client (2017-06-14) is unable to read the grf files >2GB. It always fails with an error message once it hits the 2GB o.o

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5

Can someone help me with this? I can't generate map because of this.

image.png

• Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  770

On 10/26/2022 at 7:06 PM, paaaaatch said:

image.png

I guess you try to make GRay map, but the map is under encrypted

On 10/26/2022 at 8:06 AM, paaaaatch said:

image.png

It's failing to save the file because you have the file opened in GRF Editor already. You can't write/modify a file that's being used by another program. So as the error says, the file is locked.

Updated to 1.8.4.3 :

• Added support for json and bson file formats (you can save as a bson file after editing).
    • Only common types are supported.
  • Fixed a bug with the lub decompiler regarding non-latin strings not being enclosed properly.
  • Upvote 1

• Content Count:  45

2 hours ago, Tokei said:

Updated to 1.8.4.3 :

• Added support for json and bson file formats (you can save as a bson file after editing).
    • Only common types are supported.
  • Fixed a bug with the lub decompiler regarding non-latin strings not being enclosed properly.

image.thumb.png.ea522b9bd410d5a6f6da6ac6f1c977d9.png

image.thumb.png.dc75583034774d59b80ba4fab9d0435a.png

image.thumb.png.bb46306d14bc96d16b437d3993d811aa.png

Edited by Pokye

1 hour ago, Pokye said:

Heya,

Sorry about this! I have re-uploaded with the same link as above. It appears one of the library didn't compress properly when packing the executable.

1 hour ago, Tokei said:

Heya,

Sorry about this! I have re-uploaded with the same link as above. It appears one of the library didn't compress properly when packing the executable.

Thanks, working now. A doubt, this new version, was also fixed the problem of GRF above 4GB? I've seen some comments here reporting about this.

• Content Count:  5

On 10/29/2022 at 12:22 PM, Tokei said:

It's failing to save the file because you have the file opened in GRF Editor already. You can't write/modify a file that's being used by another program. So as the error says, the file is locked.

Thanks. My next problem is "No map has been found" even though there is a map.grf on the folder.

Edited by paaaaatch

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  967

Generating cps.dll gives this error.

--------------          Message          --------------
Field not found: 'Utilities.Services.EncodingService.ANSI'.
--------------        Stack trace        --------------
   at GrfToWpfBridge.Application.DefaultErrorHandler._reportAnyManagedExceptions(String message, Exception exception, ErrorLevel errorLevel)
   at GrfToWpfBridge.Application.DefaultErrorHandler.Handle(Exception exception, ErrorLevel errorLevel)
   at GRFEditor.WPF.EncryptorDialog._buttonGenerateClientConf_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Window.Show()
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at GRFEditor.EditorMainWindow._menuItemEncryptor_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at GRFEditor.GRFEditorMain.Main(String[] args)

--------------         Exception         --------------
System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'Utilities.Services.EncodingService.ANSI'.
   at ..(Byte[] , String , Byte[]& , Byte[] , Byte[] , String , )
   at Encryption.Ee322.b3c0cf5bc709dff2229e99124d1968b7(String c5c85cccb9b0fd3067387800c587f028, String outputClientPath, Byte[] f70c5dbd6c0e10ca9e06d246bbb58501c928f6a25037efd3ae810a02f3aa16ec, Byte[] cps, Byte[] client, Byte[]& newClient)
   at GRFEditor.WPF.EncryptorDialog._buttonGenerateClientConf_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

EDIT:
I went and use GRF Editor v1.8.4.1.zip, which doesn't have the problem.

Edited by KeiKun
I used markdown and changed to bbcode

Updated to 1.8.4.5:

• Fixed a bunch of issues with the dark theme.
  • Fixed focussing in the tree view.
  • Added Str preview support.
  • Added support for RSW version 0x206.
  • Fixed another packed DLL issue regarding GRF encryption.
  • Extracting resources will now export all files.
  • Added more checks when saving GRFs beyond 4 GB.
On 10/29/2022 at 9:25 PM, Pokye said:

Thanks, working now. A doubt, this new version, was also fixed the problem of GRF above 4GB? I've seen some comments here reporting about this.

I've added a "fix" for this issue, but like I said last time, it isn't an issue. GRF Editor will now prevent you from saving files past 4 GB of size. If your GRFs are reaching that size, you will need to use another GRF alongside for your client. There are no other solutions.

5 hours ago, KeiKun said:

Generating cps.dll gives this error.

--------------          Message          --------------
Field not found: 'Utilities.Services.EncodingService.ANSI'.
--------------        Stack trace        --------------
   at GrfToWpfBridge.Application.DefaultErrorHandler._reportAnyManagedExceptions(String message, Exception exception, ErrorLevel errorLevel)
   at GrfToWpfBridge.Application.DefaultErrorHandler.Handle(Exception exception, ErrorLevel errorLevel)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Window.Show()
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at GRFEditor.EditorMainWindow._menuItemEncryptor_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at GRFEditor.GRFEditorMain.Main(String[] args)

--------------         Exception         --------------
System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'Utilities.Services.EncodingService.ANSI'.
   at ..(Byte[] , String , Byte[]& , Byte[] , Byte[] , String , )
   at Encryption.Ee322.b3c0cf5bc709dff2229e99124d1968b7(String c5c85cccb9b0fd3067387800c587f028, String outputClientPath, Byte[] f70c5dbd6c0e10ca9e06d246bbb58501c928f6a25037efd3ae810a02f3aa16ec, Byte[] cps, Byte[] client, Byte[]& newClient)

EDIT:
I went and use GRF Editor v1.8.4.1.zip, which doesn't have the problem.

Should be fixed now.

• Love 1
  • MVP 2

@Tokei I went to open the kRO updates grf, and it's not showing the images and sprites.
image.thumb.png.41dca35442254d854e5fb9d353235980.png

image.png.99dc2febbe26c402290b5a58137bbf7b.png

image.thumb.png.013107894b75ebecf8d22449c7a725d9.png