[Showcase] Prontera Apocalypse

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Briefing & Concept

Hi.

It has been a long time since I posted something here. Don't take me wrong :( I'm allways mapping every day; and now better than ever...! I have tons of great work to show you all for this month, the bad part is that it came all among at the same time, thats why I have been, really busy these days.

Anyway I thought that it was a good idea to show this one, as a recent work, so as to be not that innactive around the board. This is a request under the cathegory of: "Main Town Editions" of my services. I don't remember exactly which was the last prontera edition I posted here, but I'm glad that I'm back into this cathegory to show you something.

About the map:

The idea of this map is, a Prontera Ruins. I know, maybe you have seen a prontera edition of this style before. I remember one or two.

My idea with this prontera was, to make a ruined prontera, but with real -prontera ruins models- I mean, my intention was, to make the feeling that you are really visiting a destroyed prontera, that was destroyed recently.

You will notice a lot of texturized prontera models, to make them look like destroyed models. Yeah I used a lot of magenta transparency to make Ruined holes on the roofs, walls, PS brushes with scratchs styles etc. Also, I added a lot of custom sounds (burning flames custom sound effect, crows sound effect...) Also I added visual effects as: Ashes (to increase the feeling of a burned or destroyed desolated area), earthquake effect, and burning flames.

Please, check the video in HD to see how the effects looks on the map. I'm afraid that the quality is not that good to show how nice the ashes blowing effect looks as how they look in real game, but you can Maximize the Images here And you will notice the effect for sure

Video of This map

youtube_logo.png

Watch it in HD 720p! Again, please watch it, SS dont show all the effects I added!

• Prontera Edition, tried to keep the basic walkways all among the map
  • Map in daymode, but with a lot of dark tones
  • Added fog in this one. Black fog when you zoom out the camera, gives a really destroyed area feeling
  • Custom models from scratch (just a little, those pikes barricades), custom sound effects that I explained before... etc

Previews

Now the previews. Images are in High Quality, if you can, it will be really better if you maximize the images than watching it from the thumbnail on the post here. To appreciate detailes etc.

Prontera South Entrance

Please Hit the Image link to Maximize to appreciate better the Ashes details so as other details I added, thank you!

1_entrance.png

Center Area, Back View

Please Hit the Image link to Maximize to appreciate better the Ashes details so as other details I added, thank you!

2_center.png

Prontera Ruined Model, ex 1

3_model_ex.png

Prontera Ruined Model, ex 2

4_model_ex.png

Prontera Ruined Model, ex 3

5_model_ex.png

Prontera Ruined Model, ex 4

6_model_ex.png

North Passage, I added Some crows, to increase the desolated style

7_north_entrance.png

North Plaza View

8_north_plaza.png

East Passage

9_random_area.png

Castle View

10_castle.png

Church View

11_church.png

Fog Effect + Zoom out with dark sky

12_church.png

Ok the last one is more like an... idea I had. I thought that it would be nice to add that one into this map. But I dont like that much the lacking opacity of that fog effect (practical reasons, I mean the users will not see nothing lol), thats why I didn't added it by default on the map.

But on the other hand I really love how the fog effect matches the dark sky effect, I really like that. So, anyway... thats why I posted -here- some ideas about the transparency, but I didn't had luck -thanks Keyworld in advance for the idea, but I didn't had time to do that.

Anyway, it is my customer decition to add it or not, or maybe he will add a timer script, to add that effect on certains hours? dunno. If you want maybe you can give me your opinions about this :)

That is all. If you really like this prontera edition, well, maybe you can comment about it, or ... maybe you have ideas to make it look better? if so... Please comment! I remember some maps before that all of you commented and did some changes to look it better, so, really, ideas are allways welcome.

Thanks in advance, and see you soon on the next map. Map that in fact, will be my first one to include some new things I have learned recently :D

Edited by Olrox
  • Upvote 5

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

Wow Olrox.. astonishment. I'm very pleased on the amount of effects and destruction you've put into Prontera. Though, the gats a little off because you walk through things.. but that's no biggy D:

I love the creation and effects.. everything is better than the destruction of morocc. I like the crows and blasts you've added and the shadows ! Must of taken awhile, didn't it?

Hi!.Well yes gats are not ready, I'm still on that!

It took a while, yeah. May I ask (also to all the people), if you could see the ashes blowing effect? I'm so dissapointed... it is really hard to notice that one on the video. But in game it is easy to notice.

Ashes?.. LOL! I didn't see any ashes.. =/ And if there were, it wasn't noticeable in the video =/

• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318

Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! great

@Mysterious: Yeah in the video it is hard to notice. But... I uploaded the images in High Resolution. If you hit the image links to maximize and view them in full size, I'm sure that you will notice :)

Anyway that effect, was the reason I added, those. Wind blowing sounds effect, to increase that feeling. It is sad that it is hard to notice on the video, but at least, it is possible to see those, on the images at full size.

@williamll: Thank you :(

Edited by Olrox

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  42

A M A Z I N G ! !

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  59

Dude!!! this is perfect for a project i was going to have :(, your freaken awsome dude.. gj!

Ah you're right. If you blow up the image you can see orange particles floating around which would be the Ashes, correct?

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  835

wow !! resident evil Apocalypse? nice.... it's really special for ragnarok online.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  85

WTH!! This stunned me the whole time im watching the vid

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  313

OMG! your level up! xD i like it! this map can used for events as Morroc :3 i love it ^^ the effects are perfect! you should not change >.< thanks for keep show your works <3

excuse me my english

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  566

*applause*

This is amazing. Nows this is what Gravity should have done with Morocc's destroyed version. And I saw the Ashes in the video. You have to watch it in Hd and Fullscreen :(

Your maps have so much life and so much beauty in them.

A M A Z I N G ! !

Thanks pal :(

Dude!!! this is perfect for a project i was going to have :D, your freaken awsome dude.. gj!

Hey, haha. Thanks! stay in tune for the upcoming new work!

Ah you're right. If you blow up the image you can see orange particles floating around which would be the Ashes, correct?

Exactly, those are the Ashes!

wow !! resident evil Apocalypse? nice.... it's really special for ragnarok online.

I have played that game before. Good one.

WTH!! This stunned me the whole time im watching the vid

Warning, amazing stuff is coming!

OMG! your level up! xD i like it! this map can used for events as Morroc :3 i love it ^^ the effects are perfect! you should not change >.< thanks for keep show your works <3

excuse me my english

Thanks!. And yeah I will keep those effects.

*applause*

This is amazing. Nows this is what Gravity should have done with Morocc's destroyed version. And I saw the Ashes in the video. You have to watch it in Hd and Fullscreen :)

Your maps have so much life and so much beauty in them.

Oh hi :3! Oh did you see the effect on the video? great. haha. Thanks a lot for those words.

Edited by Olrox
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  291

woooh.. this is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo greeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt.. keep it up ^^ i love it all ^^

great background sound. the sound of burning.. the shaking of the map. the wind blowing.. wew.. this is so great..

Edited by v00m3r

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  128

Very amazing.. :(

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1245

Excellent work Olrox. I'm always happy and excited to see another work of yours. The only thing I didnt like was the blowing up effects you used on the houses. I think they were overly dramatic for the theme you set. I would have stuck with some torch effects or something else more stationary and passive. Other than that, you really set the mood perfectly. :(

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  374

LOOOL VERY VERY VERY SATANIC UHUUUUU I ove this edition of prontera^^

a doubt you colored textures or create new models?

woooh.. this is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo greeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt.. keep it up ^^ i love it all ^^

great background sound. the sound of burning.. the shaking of the map. the wind blowing.. wew.. this is so great..

Thank you. Yes I really enjoyed adding those effects. I just tried to increase the experience of a destroyed town with everything I had

Very amazing.. :(

Thank you!

Excellent work Olrox. I'm always happy and excited to see another work of yours. The only thing I didnt like was the blowing up effects you used on the houses. I think they were overly dramatic for the theme you set. I would have stuck with some torch effects or something else more stationary and passive. Other than that, you really set the mood perfectly. :)

Hi Syouji, I'm glad to know that you like my work that much. To tell you the truth I was thinking the same. At the beginning I enjoyed the "calm/relax" style of a desolated destroyed town (crows, wind blowing effects here), but I turned out that concept to make it look as a "destroyed recently" town (fire, earthquake effects here).

At the end I mixed the two concepts, dunno If if I did the right decition. I know about the torch effect you say, but I wanted to try a new effect instead of that one that is used commonly. Mainly because I wanted to give the feeling as "burning roof/walls" of the houses. I know at the price of making the map more agresive, but the torch effect would not give me that feeling I was seeking for sure.

I think that the current effect would be perfect, If I could change its size. I would do it smaller really, but as you know we are missing methods to change an effect size. In that case I would add -smoke- too. But anyway.

I'm glad that you like it.

LOOOL VERY VERY VERY SATANIC UHUUUUU I ove this edition of prontera^^

a doubt you colored textures or create new models?

Thanks a lot!

About the models, those are same models of prontera, with custom textures I did by myself to make it look as ruins.

Edited by Olrox

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  658

Oh my god Olrox,this is an awesome Map! All the effects,all the things in one map,I'm already thinking about a Story for a "destroyed Prontera". It looks just like I said,awesome.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211

8/10. Not bad

Oh my god Olrox,this is an awesome Map! All the effects,all the things in one map,I'm already thinking about a Story for a "destroyed Prontera". It looks just like I said,awesome.

Thank you my friend. What a coincidence that you were thinking about this, at the time I was doing this edition!

8/10. Not bad

Oh thank you :( I appreciate every rating, though I'm used to score 10! or 9.5! this is my first 8, and I wanna know why! Err Just kidding, though, reasons are allways welcome.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  399

Holy. Shit. This looks better than an official map. Olrox, you never cease to amaze me! Great work! 11/10

• Upvote 1

Holy. Shit. This looks better than an official map. Olrox, you never cease to amaze me! Great work! 11/10

Hi! I'm pleased to read that from someone like you. You have a lot of talent, I just noticed recently that incredible work you do with your releases with those sprites, maps, and scripts all included. Great work with a lot of dedication really.

Really thanks for that rating. I have some new work almost ready to show, in the upcoming days.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  128

:P Wow! Amazing!! I really like the effects and destruction.. /meh