Jump to content

[wip] portable *athena compiler bundle for windows (~189MB)


Recommended Posts


  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096
  • Reputation:   344
  • Joined:  02/26/12
  • Last Seen:  

 

Idea

Create a package of code compiler for the emulator, which took up little space, and will as portable as possible, it will not require installation, and which can be stored on a USB flash drive.
Current Status: semi-done (works with almost emulator, except rAthena for reasons inside CMakeList.txt and other broken parts in code)

Download Link: MEGA or Google Drive (189MB)

How to use?

Like on Linux, but on windows (thx to Cygwin)

  1.  Download, extract, run start_console.cmd
  2.  cd D:\path\to\your\emulator
  3. make clean && ./configure && make server
  4. wait when compilation will finish
  5. ./run-server.bat
  6. make sure that your SQL server is working fine (if you don't have any install, or take OpenServer from RO offline pack)

If you wish to run a server outside the Cygwin environment, you need a lot of dlls copy-paste from /bin/ folder to emulator
I give up to finish it and fix rAthena compiler issue (because the issue with CMake files, they are weird), because I have no time and it's out of my interest.

Extra Notes
Request: please, someone who can fix the rAthena to make work with this release.
189MB compiler is very helpful, because not need to download 1.9GB for lite MSBuild, and ~8-9GB for Visual Studio. Feel the difference.

 

  • Note: cygwin always slower than original native code.
  • Note: rAhena can't compile with -stl=c++11, use -stl=gnu++11
  • Note: even with this -stl=gnu+11 you will get a crash a char-server, if you are a developer, try to debug it by yourself and fix, this is rAthena issue, not a package issue.
  • Note: tested: hercules, eathena, brathena, 3ceam -> works fine without any issues, even in gdb mode.

 

Edited by Anacondaqq
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 3
  • MVP 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1546
  • Reputation:   192
  • Joined:  07/23/14
  • Last Seen:  

Nice one @Anacondaqq !

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  911
  • Reputation:   166
  • Joined:  11/27/14
  • Last Seen:  

Well done +1

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  212
  • Reputation:   5
  • Joined:  01/24/12
  • Last Seen:  

thanks i will try later ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  71
  • Reputation:   1
  • Joined:  10/13/12
  • Last Seen:  

@Anacondaqq  Friend, will you have this application for 32-bit systems?....  ?

Doesn't work on windows 32 bits...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096
  • Reputation:   344
  • Joined:  02/26/12
  • Last Seen:  

On 10/6/2018 at 6:20 AM, OmarAcero said:

@Anacondaqq  Friend, will you have this application for 32-bit systems?....  ?

Doesn't work on windows 32 bits...

Hi, sorry, but the package will not work for x86 systems (32bit) due to many factors and reasons...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  71
  • Reputation:   1
  • Joined:  10/13/12
  • Last Seen:  

@Anacondaqq How do I install mysql in cygwin?

Edited by OmarAcero
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096
  • Reputation:   344
  • Joined:  02/26/12
  • Last Seen:  

9 hours ago, OmarAcero said:

I do not know how to add it here. It's laggy as I dunno what (I tried to include it, but dunno how to run it properly and it's really slow). So I have left the package as is just for lightweight compilation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Reputation:   159
  • Joined:  06/12/12
  • Last Seen:  

On 4/21/2018 at 2:53 PM, Anacondaqq said:

 

Idea

Create a package of code compiler for the emulator, which took up little space, and will as portable as possible, it will not require installation, and which can be stored on a USB flash drive.
Current Status: semi-done (works with almost emulator, except rAthena for reasons inside CMakeList.txt and other broken parts in code)

Download Link: MEGA or Google Drive (189MB)

How to use?

Like on Linux, but on windows (thx to Cygwin)

  1.  Download, extract, run start_console.cmd
  2.  cd D:\path\to\your\emulator
  3. make clean && ./configure && make server
  4. wait when compilation will finish
  5. ./run-server.bat
  6. make sure that your SQL server is working fine (if you don't have any install, or take OpenServer from RO offline pack)

If you wish to run a server outside the Cygwin environment, you need a lot of dlls copy-paste from /bin/ folder to emulator
I give up to finish it and fix rAthena compiler issue (because the issue with CMake files, they are weird), because I have no time and it's out of my interest.

Extra Notes
Request: please, someone who can fix the rAthena to make work with this release.
189MB compiler is very helpful, because not need to download 1.9GB for lite MSBuild, and ~8-9GB for Visual Studio. Feel the difference.

 

  • Note: cygwin always slower than original native code.
  • Note: rAhena can't compile with -stl=c++11, use -stl=gnu++11
  • Note: even with this -stl=gnu+11 you will get a crash a char-server, if you are a developer, try to debug it by yourself and fix, this is rAthena issue, not a package issue.
  • Note: tested: hercules, eathena, brathena, 3ceam -> works fine without any issues, even in gdb mode.

 

i already download, but when i start start_console.cmd it's not showing any windows.

i'm using windows 10 X64 bit version

edit: found the problem, can't run inside another folder.

but got error like this, please help

image.png.ac5ee1bcddde262ae6e8b6b37aab11ae.png

Edited by hendra814
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096
  • Reputation:   344
  • Joined:  02/26/12
  • Last Seen:  

On 11/13/2018 at 10:34 AM, hendra814 said:

i already download, but when i start start_console.cmd it's not showing any windows.

i'm using windows 10 X64 bit version

edit: found the problem, can't run inside another folder.

but got error like this, please help

image.png.ac5ee1bcddde262ae6e8b6b37aab11ae.png

pxqv6PH.png

 

Tested, works just fine out the box.

Command used to compile 3CeaM:

./configure --enable-64bit && make sql

Summary: no problems at all. works out the box and works perfectly good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Reputation:   0
  • Joined:  04/13/16
  • Last Seen:  

Im using latest emulator but i got this error? how

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096
  • Reputation:   344
  • Joined:  02/26/12
  • Last Seen:  

19 minutes ago, denmar123 said:

Im using latest emulator but i got this error? how

 

rAthena not compatible with this bundle due to a lot of broken parts inside the sources. Any other emulator (herc, 3ceam, eathena, brathena, cronus) works pretty fine out the box.

Edited by anacondaq
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Reputation:   1
  • Joined:  08/27/19
  • Last Seen:  

The latest version of rathena is incompatible. also the last of hercules.

 

you could update it or upload the exact versions that can be compiled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  737
  • Reputation:   18
  • Joined:  11/21/15
  • Last Seen:  

auto close when opening the file

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  223
  • Reputation:   29
  • Joined:  10/21/12
  • Last Seen:  

will it work for the latest git?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...