VIP System: Advanced Options

Cydh

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

Well, as far as we know current rA VIP system just an initial release to bring VIP system like on official RO. And now, here my review and suggestions for next VIP System.

Other games, make me think we need these system.

VIP Level 0 (non-VIP), VIP Level 1 (VIP1), VIP Level 2 (VIP2), VIP Level 3 (VIP3), VIP Level 'n'(VIPn). Why not?

I bet you all ever know game that has this VIP classification, and each VIP level will gives player different advantages. So, what are the advantages for each level?

We need file to store configs for each VIP level (like groups.conf), that allow us to set:

• char_slots: <amount>

Just like current 'vip_char_increase'. But, this one can give you flexible char slot. Example, you make MAX_CHARS on mmo.h is 12, 'char_slots' for non-VIP is 4, VIP1 is 6, VIP2, is 9, VIP3 is 12. Why not?

• storage_max: <amount>

I think you can guess what. Just like char_slots. /no1 This one will replace 'vip_storage_increase'

• exp_bonus: <base>{,<job>}

Well, or maybe add more exp bonus rates (I think Athena has more than 1 exp rates). It always be additional rate, example 'base_exp' is 100, and the exp_bonus for this VIP level is 25, so it will be 125% (100% + 25%)

• exp_penalty: <rate_base>{,<rate_job>}

Value between -100 ~ 100 (or more?). How if -50? That's mean, normal penalty rate will be reduced 50%. If the normal is 3% of EXP, this VIP level only has 1.5% EXP penalty.

• drop_bonus: <common rate>,{<etc>}

Just like 'exp_bonus'

• vip_gemstone: yes

Seems like VIP permission?

• skill: skill_id{, skill_id, ...}

How if for certain VIP level, they get additional skills? You can put your custom skills here. But hmm, you can done this by scripting, make NPC, talk with that NPC, check the VIP level, then give the skill(s).

• buff_rate: { <item_id>:<additional_rate>,<item_id>,<additional_rate>,... }

This is will replace 'vip_bm_increase'.

But I think if by scripting is enough, like

switch(is_vip()) {
case 0: /* do this */ break;
case 1: /* do this */ break;
case 2: /* do this */ break;
}
  • buff_duration: { <item_id>:<additional_duration>,<item_id>,<additional_duration>,... }

After 'additional_rate', I think the additional duration would be nice idea too. Add duration rate specified item that gives player buff duration (sc_start* or bonus_script). Example 'x_Battle_Field' that only give 60 minutes duration, and the additonal duration is 50, it will get extra 50% of original duration (30 mnts) for this VIP level.

But I think if by scripting is enough, like

switch(is_vip()) {
case 0: /* do this */ break;
case 1: /* do this */ break;
case 2: /* do this */ break;
}
  • some permission to bypass item_nouse, skill_nocast & item_noequip? :P (This will give your rich players more overpower! /gg)
  • special forge or cooking items? Maybe just add new column on db/produce_db.txt for min. VIP level
  • also, since doesn't use 'vip_group', maybe can add the additional commands and permissions too. Afterall, remove 'old_group_id' on login table, than add 'vip_level' on that table.
  • Upvote 9

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237

Much better if the VIP System has a Notification if the VIP Service Expires. Like Disconnect from game server.

I think the next step for this is the P2P service of rathena  /hmm

what I see for PS with P2P, instead they only provide custom items, VIP level can be other choice.

But yeah, if community and rA itself don't want, it doesn't matter. It can be my personal project and wait who what use it. /heh

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

what about another new .conf file   example: conf/vip_setting.conf ??

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=C4A4NwPj

add a new column in Login Table to define which VIP they belong to ??

( 0 = normal , 1 or above = VIP )

maybe some new script commands

* get_vip()
 	-	return the VIP level

* get_vip_duration( <vip_id> )
		-	return the remaining VIP duration of specific vip

* setvipflag( "<vip_id>","<setting>","value" )
		-	temporary alter setting of specific vip in conf/vip_setting.conf
		-	ex. ( setvipflag( 1,"extra_char_slot",5 );

* getvipflag( "<vip_id>","<setting>" )
		-	return the value of setting of specific vip

* vip_setpermission( "<vip_id>","permission","<true/false>" )
		-	alter permission settings of specific vip

also, since doesn't use 'vip_group', maybe can add the additional commands and permissions too. Afterall, remove 'old_group_id' on login table, than add 'vip_level' on that table.

i think nope....vip and group id should be different ...

otherwise we can just simply use current group_id as "vip_id" then add a few permission / settings... O__O

er...both still sound similar

@Emistry, that what I said. -_-

We need file to store configs for each VIP level (like groups.conf)

@Emistry, that what I said. -_-

We need file to store configs for each VIP level (like groups.conf)

haha i miss read that xD  >.<

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  666

+1 For this idea. It would make sense to expand on a system that would in turn allow for a more diverse RO experience. Especially since it is not " game " breaking.

Also, I agree with Emistry regarding the new commands. However, setting the limit of char slots ingame, probably shouldn't be a command, as it IS only temporary. Meaning a server crash, or restart would render it useless. At these times, it's best to shut the server down for a quick maintenance.

But again, I really do think this should be added into rA. Perhaps, we can even tie it in with Guild and Party limit functions.

For instance: A Normal Guild can have lets say 36members, a VIP Guild ( can only be created if a VIP member ) can have 36 + VIP*6 members. | A normal party can have 12 members, a VIP party ( can only be created if a VIP member ) can have 12 + VIP*2 members.

Although, I do believe the Guild and Party additions may be difficult if at all possible. But as always with these discussions, take it all into consideration.

Edit: Also, perhaps there could even be a way to lower/increase zeny prices for VIP members. (Of course this does not apply to vending since those are not set by item_db).

Say for instance, I'm a Non-VIP member, and I buy 10 red potions = 500z. However, if a VIP-member makes the same purchase they would or could pay at a discounted price 10 red potions = 450z (10% discount) and this is regardless of being a merchant class with the discount skill.

Now, I can see how this wouldn't fit well, with most of the community because 10% + 24% (merchant skill) is 34% discount is absurd. However we could make it check to see which discount is better. Assuming there are 5 levels of VIP 1-5. Each would have 6% discount, making VIP lvl 4 = Merchant skill, and VIP lvl 5 = 30% discount. We could then give players the BEST discount and not a combination of the 2.

Example: VIP3 w/ merchant skill lvl 10 buys red potion, they get 24% discount because the skill is higher. VIP5 w/merchant skill lvl 10 buys red potion, they get 30% discount because VIP 5 is greater than Merchant skill.

Again, these are all speculation, and are just here to take into consideration. Also do note, that this could be achieved on the script level fairly easily, along with increased potion effects for VIP members (which is self-explanatory ).

Edited by GmOcean

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1445

+1 totally agree with Cydh that add would be amazing to see o:!

@GmOcean, :o VIP Guild, VIP party, keep rockin'

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  737

Xd wow I had missed this.

I'm ok to separate vip more and expend it as you suggested as it shouldn't decrease serv performance.

The next most require thing is to remove vip from groupid but to keep that kind of benefit. So in short will check your normal group then vip group for permission.

Unless you guys prefer a while duplicate of groupconf for vip conf and add some level.. that could be it too and look more what cydh suggested.

@GmOcean we coul move that conf into sql to rend it permanent.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  237

what I see for PS with P2P, instead they only provide custom items, VIP level can be other choice.

But yeah, if community and rA itself don't want, it doesn't matter. It can be my personal project and wait who what use it. /heh

I want to use it on my offline server at home :D

well, honestly, when I wrote this post I swear to myself, I will only make this discussion and won't work on this if no one help to test my http://rathena.org/board/topic/90405-need-tester-for-maxhp-maxsp-calculation/ and if no admin care about this. :P (other dev can go ahead if want start this work /no1)

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  175

For instance: A Normal Guild can have lets say 36members, a VIP Guild ( can only be created if a VIP member ) can have 36 + VIP*6 members. | A normal party can have 12 members, a VIP party ( can only be created if a VIP member ) can have 12 + VIP*2 members.

I agree that's a very good suggestion but i think it shouldnt b implemented bcuz then the spirit of ragnarok is dead. we cant charge money for every thing from players. it would bcome as if we running the server for money.

some things are best when they r left out as it is.

I agree that's a very good suggestion but i think it shouldnt b implemented bcuz then the spirit of ragnarok is dead. we cant charge money for every thing from players. it would bcome as if we running the server for money.

some things are best when they r left out as it is.

well ... it's all up to you whether the feature is charged money or not since you guys are the admin who enable all these features in your server.

rAthena is just providing the VIP features .... it's up to you guys on how to use it.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  197

Awesome idea sir ^^ Cydh

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  666

Exactly, as Emistry said, it's not like the VIP system has to be a paid feature, you could make it availble through a multiple of ways. For instance: Do events in your server, collect enough Even Tokens/Points and trade them for either a Timed/Permanent VIP position. OR you could even just give it to players who have been apart of your server for X amount of time. (e.g. Give the player VIP Level +1 for every month they are actively apart of your server, capping at 3-XX months, which ever you choose to stop the VIP level at.)

This way, instead of using VIP system as a way to gain money, it could be a way to reward players for being loyal to your server, rather than server hopping around. But to each their own, I personally see the VIP system as an enhancement to RO and definitely not something that will trigger it's downfall by making it P2P.

That's the main idea, I just try to provide this feature more interesting, configurable, & flexible.How rA users to use it, it depends on everyone's wise. For me, I don't want to stuck at a rigid config. /heh

look the fact, this is open source project, but some servers run it for gain money (even the devs/project didn't get any benefit from it) and some for fun server (no donation? no paid stuff).

ehh, I think @Lighta will start this suggestion. /gg

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1443

Time to pipe in.

I would personally like to see good flexibility in the emulator wherever possible so +1

• 1 month later...

lighta or anyone will u do this? /heh

I feel lazy to imagine that need to change lot stuffs.  /panic

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  737

Perhaps but not right now,I have few things to do before.

• Group:  Development Manager
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  732

I'll take a look and see what more we can do to make it more flexible.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I'm taking a break from 3rd skill fixes, I started working on this some. I have it pretty much done besides the fact that the char_slots option is going to be near to impossible to implement with the groups.conf. The login-server doesn't hold character data so we don't know what these values are. I'll talk with lighta and Cydh and see if there are other ways for us to possibly get something going.

Other than that we can now make multiple VIP groups, each with their own VIP Permissions. :)

Cool aleos.

oh u rite, forgot if pc_group loaded on map-server not in login-server. @_@

• 2 years later...

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  153

I notice that when set vip_exp_penalty's in player.conf to 0 it crashes the map-server when someone try to login.

I suggest to make a comment to not change to 0 for noob's (Like me xD)

Thank you

// Experience penalty rate multiplier for non-VIP accounts.
// Multiplies the 'death_penalty_base' and 'death_penalty_job' settings in 'conf/battle/exp.conf'.
// Default: 3 (3*100 = 3% penalty)
vip_exp_penalty_base_normal: 1
vip_exp_penalty_job_normal: 1

// Experience penalty rate multiplier for VIP accounts.
// Multiplies the 'death_penalty_base' and 'death_penalty_job' settings in 'conf/battle/exp.conf'.
// Default: 1 (1*100 = 1% penalty)
vip_exp_penalty_base: 1
vip_exp_penalty_job: 1
Edited by Fratini

• 4 weeks later...

This isn't really a forum suggestion but rather a bug that could be submitted to the Github Issue tracker.

I do have a VIP refactor which should resolve this issue though.

I've gone ahead and merged this with the other VIP topic.