• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  130

what do you guys think?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  87

Let's wait for it to get out of beta first. Remember the first RO2? People asked the same question, the thing never even made it out of closed beta.

problem is, i dont think gravity will screw up twice, so if it does get out of beta, what do u think will happen? /ok

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

for me...it doesnt effect..coz i like RO1 and not RO2 hahah

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  658

I totally agree with Emistry.

RO2... I never played RO2 because I always stood on RO 1. I don't even know how RO2 looks like,so I think yea maybe RO2 has a little effect on RO1,but I think if someone likes RO1 he wouldn't play RO2.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1315

So I'm not the only one who thinks both are completely different game therefore not is not gonna have an affect on each other.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  658

So I'm not the only one who thinks both are completely different game therefore not is not gonna have an affect on each other.

Yes you're not the only one that thinks that.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  10

I've played both games, the Beta on RO2 years ago when it was open Beta, and RO1. Also had a chance to play the very first private RO2 server as well. And they are VERY different games. You can not compare the two at all. Graphics are like night and day. And people will have their own preference of which one they like better because of how different they are.

• Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  1335

RO2 = Another WoW Ripoff.

Project R1 = this is the serious thing, that I'm waiting for

hmm... i think some people are getting mixed up with the RO2 im talking about, the RO2 im talking about it RO2 legend of the second, which is going through beta at the end of the month

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  112

The money that funds these games will make an impact. RO1 is on auto-pilot / freemium cash shop mode to fund other Gravity projects.

• Content Count:  439

They say several of the original RO game mechanics will be making a comeback with few tweaks. I say re-make the original version of RO

to 3d and fix whatever fixing is needed. This idea will definitely make a huge impack.

• Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

I played RO2 briefly and it was almost like a cookie cutter of WOW with RO characters (and they got rid of merchant class). Granted it wan't but a small world, but there was a thing online that would let you play a couple of the characters. However, I like how RO1 is played. If they would just take RO1 and JUST upgrade the graphics they would probably blow WOW out of the water!!!

Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119

Hey now. This is why we have private servers, so we can rip it apart and put it back together ;D

But regarding the actual topic, its hard to say. I'm itching to get into open beta which is Feburary 22nd. I like the mounts, graphics, and I really don't see how it is incredibly different from RO1. RO has cute graphics, mounts, quests, grinding; RO2 has pretty much the same thing, lol. I wonder if there is WoE though? Never saw anything about it, I'm sure there is PvP. The classes are of course quite limited, but once they get their stuff together I'm sure that will be their next course of action. I like the fields and towns, some of them remind me of norse mythology quite a bit, compared to RO1 which totally failed in that regard. (Niflihiem is the land of ice, yet they made it like, the underworld. You can take a subject and put a whole new spin on it, but if that was what Gravity was trying to do, they still failed badly.) I think the only thing that is really different is the life professions and maybe a few new monsters...

Looking through the gameguide, in one of the pictures it looks like they're going to do that stupid limited inventory crap. I hate that, and I'm sure there will be very limited storage too. I'm sure though that the biggest downfall will be the incredibly boring, go kill this, quests, which I've seen in the closed beta youtube videos.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  835

RO2 suck... hard level =.=" waste my time. better play ro 1. i play europ ro 2 lv 13 just kill poring only also can left red hp =.=" exp gain little only.. gosh ...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  24

RO2 suck... hard level =.=" waste my time. better play ro 1. i play europ ro 2 lv 13 just kill poring only also can left red hp =.=" exp gain little only.. gosh ...

Apparently, you don't understand server rates.

@topic, it won't affect RO1. It's a completely different game roughly based on the same story if i'm not mistaken.

Edited by WishBone

• 2 months later...

You can change the story line several times and still keep the same basic game! Look at all the private servers, most have some unique storyline, but they still use the same game mechanics. RO2 is no different. What they did was change a lot of tried and tested game mechanics and hoped people would play just because it bared the same name and some similaries. There is a reason why even today people choose to play RO over other advanced games such as WOW. And it's not just because RO is free! I played RO2 and I found a lot of differences myself. What they need to do is start with just updating RO to 3d graphics, and after that is working good, then come out with another version such as Legend of the Second. They already have a working storyline and game setup! Car makers do it to us all the time. They create an awesome car that sells great and the next year they have a totally different car with the same name.

Peopleperson49

• Content Count:  16

The gameplay is very diferent, i think Lineage eternal is more interesting for actual ragnarok players

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  221

I'd always stick to Ragnarok...I've actually tried playing other online games, like WoW, LoL, Starcraft...but I always end up regretting leaving RO and I go running back to it. RO has been like my game...my game of the life ^_^

Anyone have the same nostalgia?

Edited by Keim

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  2244

@keim, I heartily agree as well. I decide to play WoW, or guild wars, but after a few hours, i'm like wow, something is missing.

I think people like changing classes and actually working toward a goal of making there character better. WOW just has the skill trees with a single class. I tend to get bored with the same class after a while. I like the fact that you start out as a base job and advance to another job. There are some pretty cool quests also asscoiated with changing jobs.

Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  54

I never liked the first RO2 incarnation much, but the second one shows promise. Seems a lot more like the original RO.

If they just update the graphics for RO1 it will be great! Any idea when attempt 2 comes out?

Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  54

All I know is that Koreans can get into a beta test of the thing and that that has been going on for a few months. Could be years away, still.

They better hurry before that engine is obsolute, lol!

Peopleperson49