• 0
Sign in to follow this  
Siberian

Setup Proxy in Server

Question

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Why would you need a proxy server?

If I remember correctly it shouldn't be hard.
Do you have a linux server?

Here.
Try to follow these steps.
I know it wasn't very clear, but I believe with a little bit of knowledge you should be able to do it.
 

#RO-Server Proxy IP Tables (Replace 0.0.0.0 with your Main Server IP & Port with Your Server Port)
iptables-save > /etc/iptables_rules
/sbin/iptables-restore < /etc/iptables_rules
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 6900 -j DNAT --to-destination 0.0.0.0:6900
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 5121 -j DNAT --to-destination 0.0.0.0:5121
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 6121 -j DNAT --to-destination 0.0.0.0:6121
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE
sysctl net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

# Allow Ragnarok Online
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 6900 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 5121 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 6121 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

# Have these rules take effect when iptables is started
iptables-save

 

After this, just change your client IP Address to the proxy server IP.

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • MVP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2/1/2018 at 11:50 AM, CrescentSaga said:

Why would you need a proxy server?

If I remember correctly it shouldn't be hard.
Do you have a linux server?

Here.
Try to follow these steps.
I know it wasn't very clear, but I believe with a little bit of knowledge you should be able to do it.
 

#RO-Server Proxy IP Tables (Replace 0.0.0.0 with your Main Server IP & Port with Your Server Port)
iptables-save > /etc/iptables_rules
/sbin/iptables-restore < /etc/iptables_rules
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 6900 -j DNAT --to-destination 0.0.0.0:6900
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 5121 -j DNAT --to-destination 0.0.0.0:5121
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 6121 -j DNAT --to-destination 0.0.0.0:6121
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE
sysctl net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

# Allow Ragnarok Online
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 6900 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 5121 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 6121 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

# Have these rules take effect when iptables is started
iptables-save

 

After this, just change your client IP Address to the proxy server IP.

I just want to know a few things. 
1. Do you need to install ragnarok on the machine as well?
2. Do you need to have that set up just on the proxy server?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 3/11/2019 at 5:43 PM, Dev G Inc said:

I just want to know a few things. 
1. Do you need to install ragnarok on the machine as well?
2. Do you need to have that set up just on the proxy server?

What I understand on the above setup is that you need to have 2 VPS/Virtual Machine. 1 is for the server itself and the other 1 is for proxy.

The proxy VPS/VM doesn't need to have a ragnarok server but only have IPTables/FirewallD configuration (as shown above) to re-route/port forward packets/traffic. Not sure of the exact term though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 3/18/2019 at 3:52 PM, iAmGnome said:

What I understand on the above setup is that you need to have 2 VPS/Virtual Machine. 1 is for the server itself and the other 1 is for proxy.

The proxy VPS/VM doesn't need to have a ragnarok server but only have IPTables/FirewallD configuration (as shown above) to re-route/port forward packets/traffic. Not sure of the exact term though.


Is there like an exact guide to this?

I understand that you need to edit this on the linux machine. 

But do you need to configure the server and client side for the Proxy server?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Dev G Inc said:


Is there like an exact guide to this?

I understand that you need to edit this on the linux machine. 

But do you need to configure the server and client side for the Proxy server?

 

Exact guide will be the one posted above. That's how it is.

As far as I know, you have to setup client to accept map-server changes. I forgot the patch for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 3/22/2019 at 7:38 PM, shatowolf said:

Up for this. waiting for the guide 😄 

The guide is the 1st post. Or do you mean the complete including the client?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

For the client to work, you just need to point it to the proxy server IP correct? Then proxy server will handle the rest? Or is there something else you need to do client-side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this