AsuraHosting? Dead..

sandbox

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2

I've already paid in advance for my invoice this month then their vps hosting is gone? they also deleted their page in facebook Im so disappointed to what happened, I've been hosting my server to asurahosting since september 24 2013  /sob

• Topic Count:  177
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  909

I always recommend that you hire a company dedicated servers....never purchase resellers (then closed and keep the money /pif )

But you no know  manage a server from scratch, you are not able to lead a server (GM/ADMIN).

@offtopic.

OVH

It is a good company in paris and sometimes have problems with international connections..but good price and good quality.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  223

hey guys i know its been down since, but is it really closing?

coz i can still check my VNC viewer and my server is still on.

anyways any suggestion for a good hosting with VNC viewer kinda like asurahosting?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  0

You'll likely have access until Asura's contract with their datacenters end whenever that may be but you won't be getting any real support. But that one post is right you should save your backups and not rely on another to do it for you as well hosting your website with the same host is a terrible idea and I don't understand what half these people were thinking doing so.

I also recommend OVH I've been using them for a few games over the years and never had any problems however the specs are quite overkill for RO but the service is very good plus for an English speaking server the host locations are excellent.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  135

anyways any suggestion for a good hosting with VNC viewer kinda like asurahosting?

VNC is an installed program, just use the scripts from asura, and adjust them for your new server.

SideNote: Ovh kinda ehh imo, ive been in a bad situation with them before, also they claimed to have pccw. which ended up not being true.

oh I see I'll make a backup later and transfer my server to another host thanks alot man!  /no1

• Content Count:  135

no problem if u need help or get stuck u can pm me if so /ok

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154

I find better to learn how to install a server by yourself and hire a real hosting company. These guys are just individuals, with no real terms or disclaimers to keep on the line.

With that being said, I've noticed that a lot of people that offers paid services, tends to show an exagerated "professional" presentation of theirselves. Even so, lying, when they refer as a group and they talk in terms of -plural- (like saying, -we- instead of -me-) I'm sure they could lie to even say, that they run an office of their "professional" business.

I don't find why people has to lie to show a professional service. You can say, they are scamming you already by doing that.

Agree. I've been with OVH for almost a year (for my 2 game server, www.playtrickster.com / www.tricksterthai.com), the way they support their customers is superb, very quick and they really know what they are doing. So if you guys are planning to start a server, buy your host from a company with outstanding credentials, because it's difficult to reach a person who doesnt want to get reached lol ^^ iykwim

promote ? /pat

Im not promoting OVH, even if i dont mention OVH, OVH will still get clients lol.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1302

I find better to learn how to install a server by yourself and hire a real hosting company. These guys are just individuals, with no real terms or disclaimers to keep on the line.

With that being said, I've noticed that a lot of people that offers paid services, tends to show an exagerated "professional" presentation of theirselves. Even so, lying, when they refer as a group and they talk in terms of -plural- (like saying, -we- instead of -me-) I'm sure they could lie to even say, that they run an office of their "professional" business.

I don't find why people has to lie to show a professional service. You can say, they are scamming you already by doing that.

Agree. I've been with OVH for almost a year (for my 2 game server, www.playtrickster.com / www.tricksterthai.com), the way they support their customers is superb, very quick and they really know what they are doing. So if you guys are planning to start a server, buy your host from a company with outstanding credentials, because it's difficult to reach a person who doesnt want to get reached lol ^^ iykwim

promote ? /pat

Im not promoting OVH, even if i dont mention OVH, OVH will still get clients lol.

jk bro hehehe  /meh

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  403

Zleeps is correct, you will have access until your contract ends.

My service got terminated just two days ago, thank god I saw this thread in time so I was able to do back-ups and transfer elsewhere. I really recommend anyone who still has an online asurahost service to back your files up right and seek for a new host as soon as possible. Don't let your server end like Sandbox' friend. 

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  949

Now everything adds up. Why could people still access their vps when deadward said the datacenter is fried?

Well, here's the answer. Courtesy of my friend, the owner of lykos designs.

sxf3nd.jpg

Someone in the US should get this guy jailed. Smh.

Now everything adds up. Why could people still access their vps when deadward said the datacenter is fried?

Well, here's the answer. Courtesy of my friend, the owner of lykos designs.

sxf3nd.jpg

Someone in the US should get this guy jailed. Smh.

He's now in big trouble. Hope that this guy would be put in jail.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  566

My friend's server was also a victim of Asura. Don't ever go with these cheap, private hosting companies. If you want a professional server, go with a professional hosting company.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  53

Is the guy died irl or something ?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  298

thatswhy i don't believe on those providing ragnarok servers.

no hurt feeling.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  383

thatswhy i don't believe on those providing ragnarok servers.

no hurt feeling.

I agree with your and YES i don't trust any providing ragnarok servers out there.

@Adel, i guess Asura is still ALIVE but they redesign their website and new changes.

• Content Count:  265

Eh, I'm currently on Limestone Networks/ONE and I'm setting up a migration over to http://www.ragnahosting.com

My time knowing @Conflicts has been short, but my experience with the service has been great so far. (My website, http://www.novaragnarok.com is already being hosted by them)

What I appreciate the most is the direct support, instead of generic canned replies that come with "professional" hosting services.

Not only that, but they offer support tailored for RO server owners, which though by now I do not need nearly as much, I can see as a great benefit to new owners.

The point I'm trying to make is, I believe one negative experience, no matter how overwhelmingly awful it was, should not affect your opinion on other RO hosting services.

Not only that, but @Tokeiburu is part of the team. I mean come on, there's not a single more helpful person in the community than Tokei, and he prioritizes answering tickets over talking with me. ;~;

(I just noticed mentions were disabled.)

Lastly, I'm sorry to hear about this experience, I've heard the story now from two different people who lost their server, and now reading this thread, it terrifies me to think that this could have happened to me.

Edited by Nova

• Topic Count:  11

Asurahosting died because owner Edward Leung didnt pay for this server for almost 6 months :)

Eh, I'm currently on Limestone Networks/ONE and I'm setting up a migration over to http://www.ragnahosting.com

My time knowing @Conflicts has been short, but my experience with the service has been great so far. (My website, http://www.novaragnarok.com is already being hosted by them)

What I appreciate the most is the direct support, instead of generic canned replies that come with "professional" hosting services.

Not only that, but they offer support tailored for RO server owners, which though by now I do not need nearly as much, I can see as a great benefit to new owners.

The point I'm trying to make is, I believe one negative experience, no matter how overwhelmingly awful it was, should not affect your opinion on other RO hosting services.

Not only that, but @Tokeiburu is part of the team. I mean come on, there's not a single more helpful person in the community than Tokei, and he prioritizes answering tickets over talking with me. ;~;

(I just noticed mentions were disabled.)

Lastly, I'm sorry to hear about this experience, I've heard the story now from two different people who lost their server, and now reading this thread, it terrifies me to think that this could have happened to me.

just a question, this is one of my paid themes to jhake? http://www.novaragnarok.com

how come you have those design? 

• Topic Count:  11

oh take a look asura is back again 

https://www.asurahosting.com/

yeah its them but they are not into Ragnarok related stuff anymore