AsuraHosting? Dead..

sandbox

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  949

Disclaimer: No wonder their paid service thread got disapproved after the requirement changes, they are really INCOMPETENT.

Posting this to express pity and grief to all the customers - RO or not of AsuraHosting. As my friend, Jhake of Lykos Design running his server for years now, was one of the victim.

A few weeks ago their data center got `fried` and technically got everything annihilated due to the lack of backup, as Edward Leung said they were confident and reliant to their provider.

And when refunds and dispute were slammed to them, they refused even more to communicate with their customers. Not to add that they don't even communicate that much at the first place.

As a past customer, I am ashamed on how they acted on this situation and for referring them to others before.. Tsk tsk.

I think this should serve as a hard-learned lesson to other *hosting providers* in the future, yeah it's your customers responsibility to back and save their files up. But would it trouble you to keep a separate backup for them for at least once a month?

Who knows what would happen to the AsuraHosting team? I hope they could solve their problems properly..

If you're a customer also, can you share with me how Edward 'L' dealt with you?

PS: no flames are intended for this post, I just wanted to discuss how badly they deal with their low-paying customers.

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1942

almost dead. since there is no news or updates from the owner of it.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  135

Not only is it almost dead, But i have several projects, 115 dollars monthly there, Unlucky me, Got slammed with a 115$ USD payment, the day of the 'frying of the data center'. Disputed it for nearly a month give or take, No reply, Asked on Skype, No Reply, He claims he has a temporary site, that was supposed to go up last Sunday. Which as you can see, Never happened.. So now scrambling to set up, Ive lost huge chunks of work ive done for several projects, Not to mention no offence intended, But that guy needs to learn how to manage.

Moral: Seeing this happen has turned me off from Asura for good, I mean this is just totally unprofessional. It's no way to run a legitimate business.

• Upvote 1

Not only is it almost dead, But i have several projects, 115 dollars monthly there, Unlucky me, Got slammed with a 115$ USD payment, the day of the 'frying of the data center'. Disputed it for nearly a month give or take, No reply, Asked on Skype, No Reply, He claims he has a temporary site, that was supposed to go up last Sunday. Which as you can see, Never happened.. So now scrambling to set up, Ive lost huge chunks of work ive done for several projects, Not to mention no offence intended, But that guy needs to learn how to manage.

Moral: Seeing this happen has turned me off from Asura for good, I mean this is just totally unprofessional. It's no way to run a legitimate business.

its obviously unprofessional. the way he manage his customer and for missing in action while his customers is looking for news or updates regarding on his hosting.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  80

as a past customer, it's good idea that i migrate to more competent host provider, they only good at first but when the service goes on. you will know.

i feel bad on how i see the customer waiting in vain, just to know if there's news or hope. also on those friends i refer.

for me maybe AsuraHosting waiting for 30-40 days to past before they reply because of the paypal dispute, they don't want a refund.

Edited by ayennnnnnn

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7

This guy is terrible, he was trying to tell me there was no problems with the host when there was, he shut down my host because I told him he couldn't run a business. All he's trying to do now is delay people for 40 days so they can't dispute/chargeback. But if he replies to the disputes no one will win as Paypal clearly state they do not cover virtual items with their buyers protection.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  846

Good thing someone posted this...I planned on buying a cheap server from them lol...

Good thing someone posted this...I planned on buying a cheap server from them lol...

Be glad you didn't! Honestly, The way that Edward.L Handles things. Is garbage. I've been with Trinity since the downing, And no complaints and hands down best support. IMO.

its obviously unprofessional. the way he manage his customer and for missing in action while his customers is looking for news or updates regarding on his hosting.

I couldn't agree more. Not even the way he manages his customers, You can just tell he's a money hungry type. He is fast replying to support ticket, but wants to spoon feed you bull shit like "Data Center Fried". Yeah alright. Not to mention, Even if he does come back, People are only going to leave. Right now would be a good time to open a hosting company. lol

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  509

hmm that's why i don't see blue wolf in a few month
pity people who using his service and didn't have a backup

Kind of relieved that I wasn't the only one who's been treated like that, I thought he was just racist about pinoys, turns out he was rude to everyone.

• Upvote 2

lmao, its been that way for a while, even for us backwoods folk.

• Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  1335

I find better to learn how to install a server by yourself and hire a real hosting company. These guys are just individuals, with no real terms or disclaimers to keep on the line.

With that being said, I've noticed that a lot of people that offers paid services, tends to show an exagerated "professional" presentation of theirselves. Even so, lying, when they refer as a group and they talk in terms of -plural- (like saying, -we- instead of -me-) I'm sure they could lie to even say, that they run an office of their "professional" business.

I don't find why people has to lie to show a professional service. You can say, they are scamming you already by doing that.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1302

huh. why asurahosting do people like this ? hmm

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  403

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with AsuraHosting.

It is true that their customer support could use some improvement, but other than that I must say that I've (personally) been a happy customer of them for over 1 1/2 years now. My server has only experienced a downtime 2~3 times in that time span. That's not too bad if you ask me.

What I liked about them is that they offer clients to use VNC Viewer to control their server; as someone who dislikes PuTTy, this was a huge +1 from me. Oh, and not forget to mention that they've been around for relatively long. :3

But yes, if you're looking for a friendly customer support, weekly (FB) updates and some other services that I currently can't come up with, AsuraHosting isn't the place for you to be.

sad to say that their Facebook Page is gone. there is no more chance to find him or contact that hosting company.

sad to say that their Facebook Page is gone. there is no more chance to find him or contact that hosting company.

WAHWAHWA. run away and scam people. wth ?

too bad for those who pay advance payment for that hosting.

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

I have to agree with Olrox on this one... People should try to learn on how to install their own server and get a professional server hosting company. =/ There are just too many scammers out there nowadays. I've seen Asura here for awhile but I guess it was only a matter of time till they (he) fell.

Yeah, theyre just good at the start, but in the long run, they'll slowly despise and ignore you.

Most of us thought it was the "next big thing" due to them offering "advanced DDoS protection".

Props to that marketing strategy tho.

Well, this guy already closed his facebook account.

Well, this guy already closed his facebook account.

hoho. perhaps admin should ban him ?

That doesn't helps anything imo. Even worse, it closes the communication definitely of the users to him, I would say, its better to have at least, that possible contact still open upon request of members.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  115

Don't be suprised..if a new hosting service comes around these days.   /meh

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  154

I find better to learn how to install a server by yourself and hire a real hosting company. These guys are just individuals, with no real terms or disclaimers to keep on the line.

With that being said, I've noticed that a lot of people that offers paid services, tends to show an exagerated "professional" presentation of theirselves. Even so, lying, when they refer as a group and they talk in terms of -plural- (like saying, -we- instead of -me-) I'm sure they could lie to even say, that they run an office of their "professional" business.

I don't find why people has to lie to show a professional service. You can say, they are scamming you already by doing that.

Agree. I've been with OVH for almost a year (for my 2 game server, www.playtrickster.com / www.tricksterthai.com), the way they support their customers is superb, very quick and they really know what they are doing. So if you guys are planning to start a server, buy your host from a company with outstanding credentials, because it's difficult to reach a person who doesnt want to get reached lol ^^ iykwim

Agree. I've been with OVH for almost a year (for my 2 game server, www.playtrickster.com / www.tricksterthai.com), the way they support their customers is superb, very quick and they really know what they are doing. So if you guys are planning to start a server, buy your host from a company with outstanding credentials, because it's difficult to reach a person who doesnt want to get reached lol ^^ iykwim

promote ? /pat