Disputes, Paypal and Why we can't have nice things

Akkarin

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  230

You can still use your PayPal credit for payment vía PayPal prepaid card, which you can get for free: https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/

Edited by Daegaladh

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  208

I'm excited to see how this goes because Chargebacks are a large disappointment in the online gaming community and even for the streaming community that accept tips/donations; With this community in particular though people could buy something and then charge it back after getting the file essentially getting it for free which is just damned disgusting

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

1 minute ago, TheDerpySupport said:

With this community in particular though people could buy something and then charge it back after getting the file essentially getting it for free which is just damned disgusting

This is exactly what I've been up against for years. Chargebacks can still be pushed through card companies but the process is much more vigorous with their fraud checks.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94

Litecoin, ethereum...why not?

10 minutes ago, Bucle said:

Litecoin, ethereum...why not?

I will not touch cryptocurrency and I have no intention of adding any other forms of payment processing to the forums in the near future.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  790

Honestly I don't get why donations even need a chargeback option. Donations are donations and not a purchase.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Playtester said:

Honestly I don't get why donations even need a chargeback option. Donations are donations and not a purchase.

Unfortunatley, Paypal doesn't agree with that concept.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  192

On 12.4.2018 at 3:34 PM, Akkarin said:

Unfortunatley, Paypal doesn't agree with that concept.

You must only accept verified paypal accounts.
That helped me to reduce the chargebacks / frauds down to basically 0. /gawi

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1096

On 4/15/2018 at 9:40 AM, Everade said:

You must only accept verified paypal accounts.
That helped me to reduce the chargebacks / frauds down to basically 0. /gawi

This depends. Stripe very good option, than any PayPal, but card processors not cover fraud too. The difference with PayPal chargeback and card chargeback in fee and who paying a fee. If scammer trying to chargeback -> pay ~20-30$ just to process your offer from your own side. At this step, mostly 90%+ hackers stop, because of a time against them. For micropayments less than 30$ this is not good at all. That means fraud maker will spend extra 20-30$ (depends on a bank) just to get back his 10$. What about PayPal, PayPal move this fee from a client to a seller, and this is painful very much. The bad thing, that there are no any alternatives at all at the market. Only PayPal monopoly. Any crypto shit since 2010 can't even make any easy to get loaded money on bitcoin/eth address. A lot of people can't even BUY bitcoin, but the whole infrastructure over bitcoin is very good. What about verified PayPal accounts, this is not panacea too, because modern carders and other bad guys because of massive data leaks from very big sites and so on can use someone PayPal verified account too. Anyway, again, Stripe is a really awesome option, and I believe that this very smart and good move from Akkarin will solve mostly 99.9% issues with payments. An extra important step is limit maximum payment per user, for avoiding scammers who can buy a bulk amount of resources than download everything and process chargeback (and you are not covered against this chargeback, because a hacker can spend 20-30$ and wait 30 days, and will get his money back in 45 days period)

Edited by Akkarin
Removed weird background span tag created from what i can only assume is the Dark theme.

Since when do chargebacks on PayPal cost the seller anything?
I've had a lot of chargebacks back in the days before accepting verified accounts, but it never cost anyone a single cent.
The money always go fully returned to the buyer, end of the story (including PayPal fees).

The only downside here was that if you were the seller and were selling digital goods, that your product can't be returned due being digital.
But that's up to the seller to create a proper digital shop to prevent that. If you can proof paypal that you've actually sold something (which is the main idea here) then you're good to go, always, no exceptions.

Same goes for "donations".

But i've had 0 chargebacks since i've started to only accept verified paypal accounts. (10+ years)
If there's ever a dispute, you can still manually do a chargeback, which yet again does not cost you a single cent.

In case PayPal changed that: Well that kinda sucks and would be new for me. But you can still go for verified accounts. But that's not my bread i guess ^^
Wish you good luck with the new method ;)

Edited by Everade

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  208

21 hours ago, Everade said:

Since when do chargebacks on PayPal cost the seller anything?
I've had a lot of chargebacks back in the days before accepting verified accounts, but it never cost anyone a single cent.
The money always go fully returned to the buyer, end of the story (including PayPal fees).

The only downside here was that if you were the seller and were selling digital goods, that your product can't be returned due being digital.
But that's up to the seller to create a proper digital shop to prevent that. If you can proof paypal that you've actually sold something (which is the main idea here) then you're good to go, always, no exceptions.

Same goes for "donations".

But i've had 0 chargebacks since i've started to only accept verified paypal accounts. (10+ years)
If there's ever a dispute, you can still manually do a chargeback, which yet again does not cost you a single cent.

In case PayPal changed that: Well that kinda sucks and would be new for me. But you can still go for verified accounts. But that's not my bread i guess ^^
Wish you good luck with the new method ;)

Paypal has had this weird thing where it costs the seller money, usually about $20, if the consumer/tipper charges back; In the streaming community trolls use this to cost the streamers money because paypal hasn't caught up to the streaming industry....However they are starting to understand this and more streamers are winning their cases when they dispute the chargebacks. Like I said in a different post though, it's really digusting to issue a chargeback instead of contacting the seller/tipee and requesting a refund first.

I guess they either changed it then or this never applied to my country.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  149

@Akkarin How do we get our credits now? What is the step by step process?

The same way it's always been. Login to your account, click on the tab at the top that says "My Account" and click "Account Credit". Submit your Withdrawal Request and then the system will do the rest.