Item Account Bound Proposal

Xantara

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  243

What is it?

The code was taken from *Amod (but tweaked to work with rA and fixed a few bugs). This system would allow (non-stackable, non-pet-egg) items to be bounded onto a player's account. This means that the bounded items cannot be traded, dropped, auctioned, nor mailed. But, they can be storaged so that it can be shared among the characters of that account.

What does it include?

- Item coloration to distinguish bounded items and non-bounded ones (see screenshot below)

- Script commands (getitembound, getitembound2, equipisbounded) to create and check for bounded items

- At commands (@itembound, @itembound2) to create bounded items

- New group permission (can_trade_bounded) to allow the group to distribute these bounded items if enabled (mostly just for High GMs / Admins)

- Changes to the SQL files to track bounded items. This would effect cart, inventory, and storage databases.

itembound_screen2.jpg

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2997

I like the idea, it could be very useful. A different color would be nice. xD

• Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1260

how this implements the color on 4-slotted items e.g. say a knife [4]? (as i understand the colours are added by the client to items with stuff in hidden sockets/slots)

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  303

how this implements the color on 4-slotted items e.g. say a knife [4]? (as i understand the colours are added by the client to items with stuff in hidden sockets/slots)

you can't(without client-side stuff)

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  243

It uses a packet that was previously marked as Unknown (see clif.c changes). After searching, it seems like iRO already has account-bounded items (for cash shop items). I'm not sure if the packet he used is the same but it does change the color (without taking a slot).

I've uploaded a diff to this post. However, it is not finished - better command naming not applied, guild storage has bound column but shouldn't, and at commands aren't included. I applied some bug fixes already but would prolly need a check for mailbox (as I don't see any in *Amod)

[system]_item_bound.diff

itembound_screen2.jpg

oh that's most interesting. looks good.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  764

- Item coloration to distinguish bounded items and non-bounded ones (see screenshot below)

Custom feature which wont work in every case. -> No, I don't like it.

And this is kind of related: unique item_id discussion

Custom feature which wont work in every case. -> No, I don't like it.

as per the diff xantara has provided it works on all cases despite how many slots a item has.

• 4 months later...

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  509

account bound can be implemented by using restriction item_trade.db

I'm interested in color change system

+1 for modification

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  56

Account bound items are handled by item_trade as Kichi said above. No need to implement something new, it already works. Though the different color text is interesting as long as that's an official feature of RO.

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1443

There is a difference between this and item_trade, this would create a single instance of that items being bound, while the item_trade blocks its trade altogether.

example:

getitembound 1136; //(Solar Sword[0])

this one Solar Sword[0] would not be trade-able, however if they go and get it from Pharaoh that one would be trade-able

I don't think its worth adding though because this can be done via duplicate item in item_db2 and make that restricted in the item_trade

Only Instance getitembound would be useful imo is when you want a common gear account bound and its involved in quests so would have to modify the quest script

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  592

As stolao said in example +1 for this topic.. the problem in item_trade if you list an item there all item will be account bound same as mob drops.. by use of this item bound sytem we can bound an item and the item drop in monster will not be change.. hope this will be implemented..

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  22

Everything that is an official feature is welcome. +1 for this proposal.

Coloured items are good, but commands related to this are mandatory too! :D

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  2997

Linking: http://rathena.org/board/topic/71152-account-bound-items/

This needs more opinions. Who else would like to see this added? Does anyone disagree?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  85

+1 for add to the code, i like this mod a lot, anyway this is a official feature.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  355

+1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  139

I dont see reasons why we should not agree with this. Its an official feature to start with

+1 to this :)

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  2285

+1

modern MMORPGs have bind/bound item system for same item.. this is better than item_notrade that for all items with same ID.

this bound item makes possibility 1 item ID can be bound item or unbound. :D

using color to mark it as bound item is cool.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  247

Lighta and I were discussing this and I've decided to take up this project.  We are talking about expanding to include the guild bound items as well.  I will keep you informed of progress.

I am starting to work on this now.
  • Upvote 1

Here's an update on the progress of this.  It's turning out to be more than originally planned, but I think it will be a well accepted addition.

• Base system implemented [Completed]
  • Account bound item checks [Completed]
  • Guild bound system [Completed]  <- Early thanks for Lighta for the help on this
  • Party bound system [Completed]
  • Script command additions [Completed]
  • Additional modifications (@ command mods, ???) [Completed]

The base system serves the function of grabbing the item data information from the SQL table and the conditionals within each of the trade, drop, and store functions.  Many thanks to Xantara for providing the first diff for me to get started.  Bound items are considered unique and will behave like so within the server and client, this means that you can create stackable bound items without issues (hopefully).  Cards obviously wouldn't be recommended as they no longer hold bound information after being added to slots.  The base system includes the permissions override function for bound items.

The account bound items are able to be stored in regular storage and cart.  They cannot be sold, traded, put into guild storage, mailed, vended, or auctioned without proper permissions.  Not much else is needed to be said about these as they're quite straightforward.

Guild bound items are able to only be stored in guild storage and traded to other guild members of the same guild.  These items are unique and with a fully implemented system will allow for a wide variety of uses to guilds, being able to create, or modify current items to be guild bound.  What makes guild bound items so neat is the fact that they will never be lost to members of a guild that leave or are expelled.  On secession of expulsion, these items leave the player inventory and are automatically placed into the guild storage for instant retrieval.  On guild break, the items within the guild master's inventory are automatically reverted to normal items.  Currently the only portion of this system that isn't done is the retrieval of items from offline characters that are expelled.

Party bound items are meant to be for temporary use (ie: a powerful weapon for an instance or event).  These items will be of much more use in scripting with the addition of party script commands.  They can only be traded to other party members, with no method of storage or vending allowed.  Party bound items are never automatically transferred.  Instead, these items are deleted whenever a player leaves the party or the party is deleted.

Script command additions will allow the creation of normal items without extra parameters, like getitem, and a more advanced used, like getitem2.  There will also be an addition to getinventorylist to include bound item data so there will be at least 1 method to check for bound items within scripts.

I think that about sums up what's going on with this.  If you have any thoughts, don't hesitate to let me know what's on your mind.  Thanks for taking the time to read.

Edit: Updated progress.  Should be able to release in a day or two.

• Upvote 1

Updated above post.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  230

It could be very useful to add a bound option for character too.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  737

@Daegaladh

Will the char one let you put item and storage and prevent other to retrieve from it and block all trade ?

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  230

I mean that you could not move those items from your character's inventory, only equip or consume them, and could only be deleted through script command.

It would be very simple to add that into the system.  It's too bad I hadn't thought about a completely different way of looking at this when I started.  I was thinking it would be much more versatile to do item permissions rather than hard coded bound types.  /pif

Example:

• 0 - All Permissions
  • 1 - Cannot Drop
  • 2 - Cannot Sell
  • 4 - Cannot Guild Store
  • 8 - Cannot Account Store
  • 16 - Cannot Trade
  • 32 - Cannot Vend
  • 64 - Cannot Mail
  • 128 - Cannot Auction

A system like that.  Ours is still very usable, just thought of this after I finished adding the current system.

Back to the original character bound question, it can be done with a few simple checks and additions to the scripts/atcommands.  We already have a custom system so I don't see why adding to it would be a bad thing.

• Upvote 1