2012 Client Translation

nanakiwurtz

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

By chance, I may be interested in using the quest window on my server... do you know how to get rid of all the existing quests in those tabs in the quest window? There is a whole bunch of untranslated quests in there that I just want to remove.

try clear all the contents inside these files...

http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/ClientSide/Lua_Project/lua%20files/quest/localquest/

http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/ClientSide/Lua_Project/lua%20files/quest/epquest/

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

I have already translated most of the minimap icons to english and tested it within my server. If you open lua files/naviagaion/navi_npc_krsak.lua you can see the warp coordiates to each town. Just warp to those coordianates and look at the NPC then simply input the name of the NPC (which is in english). I may not be able to read korean, but english is simple enough, lol. It is a long list, but if you copy an replace since theres a lot of repeats such as tool dealers, etc... I hope this helps.

Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  1654

I want my minimap back huhuhu...

/sob

Hmm I found 2712 NPCs in my navi_npc_krsak.lua

If I'm not mistaken, that file is the one that responsible in showing NPC's name in Navigation window only.

It is a long list

Yes it is... /meh

And... 1146 of the NPC hasn't been translated yet. (That's 42.26% of the current NPC!)

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326

By chance, I may be interested in using the quest window on my server... do you know how to get rid of all the existing quests in those tabs in the quest window? There is a whole bunch of untranslated quests in there that I just want to remove.

try clear all the contents inside these files...

http://subversion.as...est/localquest/

http://subversion.as.../quest/epquest/

I tried this, minor effect. I even deleted the entire folder and it still had some residual quests. It's weird, if I delete the folder the "loc" tab has no quests, but if I put the folder (even with nothing in it), the loc tab shows up wit a bunch of untranslated quests. There is nothing I can do to remove the "Epi" tab quests.

Makes me think there is a file in the data.grf we're missing (I thought for sure it was those Lua files... I think those are at least used for something).

"How to disable Quest button"

It's easy to do it, here's how:

Open your hex editor, find for "71756573740000006E635F71756573745F4F6E"

then change it into 5F756573740000006E635F71756573745F4F6E

(The reason why I choose 5F is to make it easier if later you want to enable it back again)

This worked like a charm! But players can still gain access to the menu with hotkeys or commands... bahh! Oh well, thank you for your help though. :)

Edited by Vach

Actually, nevermind, I find if I edit the files and instead of blanking the contents I empty the data and otherwise leave the LUA array intact... they clear from the quest menu. If anyone wants to knkw how to do thus let me know.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  109

I was wondering if anyone has figured out the actual NPC names found from search results i have more then 80% of navi_npc_krsak.lua translated but i'm still getting korean names from them.

screenExrotest064.jpg

screenExrotest063.jpg

I checked the client and it doesnt seem to have any of it either so is there another file that it gathers results from as well?

Edited by TrueNoir

The navigation system reads from your client folder --> \data\luafiles514\lua files\navigation

Open you Navigation window and search for alberta, then scroll down until you find "Npc)alberta:¹î»ç°ø"

If you go to the location (and haven't change the default location yet) you'll find him as a NPC named Sailor.

Close your client, open your navi_npc_krsak.lua, search for:

{
"alberta",
"¹î»ç°ø",
"",
},

Then edit "¹î»ç°ø" into "Sailor" (or anything you like), save then open your client again, search for alberta, then scroll down, and you'll see that the search result in Navigation window is now changed.

(It's like my post on #128)

Edited by nanakiwurtz

The navigation system reads from your client folder --> \data\luafiles514\lua files\navigation

Open you Navigation window and search for alberta, then scroll down until you find "Npc)alberta:¹î»ç°ø"

If you go to the location (and haven't change the default location yet) you'll find him as a NPC named Sailor.

Close your client, open your navi_npc_krsak.lua, search for:

{
"alberta",
"¹î»ç°ø",
"",
},

Then edit "¹î»ç°ø" into "Sailor" (or anything you like), save then open your client again, search for alberta, then scroll down, and you'll see that the search result in Navigation window is now changed.

(It's like my post on #128)

hmm maybe i have to update my lub then since i translated most of it up to the 14.1 content and its still appearing as korean thanks though i'll have another look at it :)

I used 2012-04-10aRagexe and modifying the Towninfo.lua files doesn't have any effect even after being translated through the System folder. I was told that the system folder might not work for the that client. If that is so how do I get it to work for it or which clients will support it for sure?

Peopleperson49

Edit: I meant the Towninfo.lua not the navi_npc_krsak.lua.

Edited by Peopleperson49

Numerous things that required hexing to translate in 04-10 are instead translated via msstringtable.txt in 04-24 and above. Is that what you were referring to?

It's not from your system folder peopleperson, it's from your data folder (C:\Miruku\data\luafiles514\lua files\navigation)

I extracted the data folder last night and today I will search for the korean buttons for what is untranslated in my client to photoshop the correct words unless somebody has them to share. The only thing I have untranslated is the text over for the minimap icons. Since everybody seems to be suggesting using the 2012-04-10aRagexe client so much I figured I would ask to see if there was an issue. I have updated the msgstringtable, Towninfo.LUA (which is what I was refering to in the System folder, sorry for mixing them up) and most of the navi_npc_krsak. However still my minimap icons are in korean and I know its reading that from somewhere, I'm just trying to figure out from where. Nana if you can remember how to disable the minimap icons I would rather do that!!! As for translating the navi_npc_krsak its very easy. Just open the LUA file and warp to the npc which shows the english names, some NPCs from the list don't exist, but most do. Thanks for your response everybody!

Peopleperson49

Edited by Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  187

I want my minimap back huhuhu...

/sob

Hmm I found 2712 NPCs in my navi_npc_krsak.lua

If I'm not mistaken, that file is the one that responsible in showing NPC's name in Navigation window only.

It is a long list

Yes it is... /meh

And... 1146 of the NPC hasn't been translated yet. (That's 42.26% of the current NPC!)

yes most of it were not translated since those untranslated NPCs are not in rAthena yet or some NPCs doesnt match the exact coordinates of kRO's NPCs.. since my translations are only based on rAthena current NPCs.

@Peopleperson49

be sure that Towninfo.lua is in lub extension... rename it or it wont be read by the client. (diffing with read lua before lub wont work in System folders)

• Upvote 1

As I mentioned in our converse, 2012-04-10 won't accept the System folder, but I think you're talking about something else.

Oh so it was you Earthlingz? Thanks for your hardwork so far /no1

I'll try to make a program to automate the translation on 'navi_npc_krsak.lua'

• Upvote 1

I will give it a try Earthlingz. That is something I didn't do. Thanks and I will get back to you to let you know if it works!

Peopleperson49

I found some more on msgstringtable:

´Ô²² ÆÄƼ°¡ÀÔ ¿äûÀ» º¸³Â½À´Ï´Ù.   --> has been invited to the party.
´Ô²²¼­ ÆÄƼ°¡ÀÔÀ» °ÅÀýÇß½À´Ï´Ù.   --> has rejected your party invitation.
´Ô²²¼­ ÆÄƼ°¡ÀÔÀ» ¼ö¶ôÇß½À´Ï´Ù.  --> has joined your party.

Be sure to put a space at the first on the string, because if you don't put a space it'll be like this:

char01has been invited to the party.

Here are the untranslated texture buttons that need to be used for the 2012 client. It took a while to extract, but my photoshop skills are very lacking and I still can't read korean. If somebody can translate we should add these to our data file repository. Just a thought.

Peopleperson49

Texture_Buttons.rar

Edit: Converting the Towninfo to LUB worked perfectly. Thanks Earthlingz!!!

Edited by Peopleperson49

Defently doesnt seem to be working at all with the 2012-04-10a not sure why folders are correct and all >.> the game just wants to stay korean <.<

navi_npc_krsak.zip

What are you trying to convert to english with the navi_npc_krsak.lub? Maybe you have the wrong file for it.

Peopleperson49

What are you trying to convert to english with the navi_npc_krsak.lub? Maybe you have the wrong file for it.

Peopleperson49

Peopleperson49

I figured out what the issue is the name of the files aren't correct for that client version they should be named navi_npc_krpri.lub not sure why that is but atleast managed to resolve it feel free to use the lub i attatched since all you guys are nice took me awhile to translate most of it there are some differences in npc names and how they translate from korean to what they are on rathena currently and there are some npc's missing in certain locations of the newer area's and of course some things arent 100pct translated but its better then it was >;o!

screenExrotest066.jpg

• Upvote 1

Great work TrueNoir. I will give it a try right away. Thanks.

Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2244

good work =)

Defently doesnt seem to be working at all with the 2012-04-10a not sure why folders are correct and all >.> the game just wants to stay korean <.<

Do you have the lua file for this lub?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  331