Boards/ Forums / Posting Rules

ragnazorg

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  250

Seriously I'm seeing a spammer in this board posting irrelevant stuffs like "this is cool" "this is nice"," "this is great" farming posts and flooding the new forums.

Can we add this in our forum rules or maybe at least edit this to fit in this new board?

• Threads/replies that are irrelevant and/or does not reply in topic and/or does not help the discussion is considered as spam. In short: no meaningless/worthless posts/topics.
  • Emoticon/Smiley only posts are considered as spam.
  • Flooding, "+1", and "just checking" are considered as spam.
  • Bumping more than twice a day(each 12 hours) is considered as spamming.
    No double-posting (this counts with quoting other posts just to post it again or to 'remind'). There is an edit button for your own posts.
    If you're contacting one person, please use private messaging.

Edited by ragnazorg

• Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  311

http://eathena.sourc...tion=boardrules

The current one and your idea is great... hope admin will add that..

Lower left on the board, i know the person your talking about... hehehe. yeah in 1 day he got 45+ posts :)

Edited by vBrenth

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  161

and i think you were referring for me right? I`m just giving my opinion and you say that its already a spam?

What is spam?
Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services. Spam costs the sender very little to send -- most of the costs are paid for by the recipient or the carriers rather than by the sender.
There are two main types of spam, and they have different effects on Internet users. Cancellable Usenet spam is a single message sent to 20 or more Usenet newsgroups. (Through long experience, Usenet users have found that any message posted to so many newsgroups is often not relevant to most or all of them.) Usenet spam is aimed at "lurkers", people who read newsgroups but rarely or never post and give their address away. Usenet spam robs users of the utility of the newsgroups by overwhelming them with a barrage of advertising or other irrelevant posts. Furthermore, Usenet spam subverts the ability of system administrators and owners to manage the topics they accept on their systems.
Email spam targets individual users with direct mail messages. Email spam lists are often created by scanning Usenet postings, stealing Internet mailing lists, or searching the Web for addresses. Email spams typically cost users money out-of-pocket to receive. Many people - anyone with measured phone service - read or receive their mail while the meter is running, so to speak. Spam costs them additional money. On top of that, it costs money for ISPs and online services to transmit spam, and these costs are transmitted directly to subscribers.
One particularly nasty variant of email spam is sending spam to mailing lists (public or private email discussion forums.) Because many mailing lists limit activity to their subscribers, spammers will use automated tools to subscribe to as many mailing lists as possible, so that they can grab the lists of addresses, or use the mailing list as a direct target for their attacks.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  186

I'm totaly agree to ragnazorg, we need some guidlines and rules for spam prevention.

This is one of the reasons why I'm unactive on the old eAthena board.. the spam and inactive moderators was unacceptable.

and i think you were referring for me right? I`m just giving my opinion and you say that its already a spam?

Glad to see you're able to paste a definition of spam.

Just to show it ur self - a shortcut from your profil option "show content":

post-330-0-15834000-1321352521_thumb.png

Edited by GodLesZ

@Green Minded abuser, glad you noticed it. But here this will help you..

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=forum+spam

Spam posts may contain anything from a single link, to dozens of links. Text content is minimal, usually innocuous and unrelated to the forum's topic, or in a very old thread that is revived by the spammer solely for the purpose of spamming links.

Ps. Hi to your signature.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  95

I think those phrases "this is cool", "this is great" are not worthless or irrelevant posts specially when the author of a certain thread wants a feedback from his/her work. This phrases mostly means like you appreciate or you find this thing interesting.

But I agree with the "+1" though, there's a button for that now. :)

I think those phrases "this is cool", "this is great" are not worthless or irrelevant posts specially when the author of a certain thread wants a feedback from his/her work.

But seeing it in almost all the thread is ok too?

I think those phrases "this is cool", "this is great" are not worthless or irrelevant posts specially when the author of a certain thread wants a feedback from his/her work.

But seeing it in almost all the thread is ok too?

It's not okay if you're really a criticizer. but If I'm a thread starter and people post stuffs like this, i'll be enlightened of course.

And if I'm an audience also, this kind of posts will help the audience convince or will have interest of a certain thread.

Edited by xMiland

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

In my opinion, those word sometime is kinda useless as it doesnt help much except in praising how great / nice is the author work...

if i was the author , i would prefer something like "Suggestion Feedback" and NOT just "this is cool" , "this is great" , "love it" , "thank you" and blablabla....

i believe most of the author are looking for "Suggestion Feedback" instead of those thankful comment...

the reason they want feedback , most of the time are refer to suggestion which could help the author to improve his works...

Although it seem to happen is alot in the past ( included my topic ) , i hope in the future the rest of the member can giving Suggestion to the Author instead of just mention how great / nice is the work....

* Sorry , i didnt mean to hurt anyone here , just to express what is my view on this , if i do hurt someone, Sorry ~ *

What is spam?

maybe here is another version of it so that you can understand it easily...

Short , Pointless and Meaningless

Edited by Emistry

In my opinion, those word sometime is kinda useless as it doesnt help much except in praising how great / nice is the author work...

if i was the author , i would prefer something like "Suggestion Feedback" and NOT just "this is cool" , "this is great" , "love it" , "thank you" and blablabla....

But it also helps audiences whether the product is interesting or not from this feedbacks.

So you'll be happy in your thread that contains a lot of suggestions not containing those phrases mentioned above even one?

the reason they want feedback , most of the time are refer to suggestion which could help the aurthor to improve his works...

But still those phrases above are feedbacks, unless you want suggestions only.

But hey we can't stop people posting this things because sometimes that's how they appreciate someone's work.

This is a developer forums not forums for kids who farm posts.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  311

This is a developer forums not forums for kids who farm posts.

Exactly i second this, hmm so your posts should be high quality....

For some person/member yes.. but if your pointing this person ... haha xP!

Edited by vBrenth

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  615

I will talk with the administrators about this later today. Once we have worked on a discussion, we will create a news reply

** was going to close topic, but realized I didn't have any power here... :)