[SOLVED] How I run the 20200603 Client (so far)

eduardoxmenezes

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  35

Hello, 

Here's what I experienced when successfully playing the 20200603:

• Some skill animation changes
  • kinda smoother visual appearance
  • bigger window 
  • I haven't successfully executed 4th job @jobchange yet
    • When I attempted to change few lines regarding DRAGON_KNIGHT (8712) @jobchange, it shows the new sprite. However I have no idea how to go further, as my dragon knight still shows the old structure (no AP), shows no skills at all, zero SP & HP. 
  • I noticed that the skill infos could fallback from English (translation project), to Korean (inside grf), whenever I modify the /data/skillinfoz folder
  • In the end, I guess I will be waiting for the ongoing project of 4th job implementation. (e.g

But don't you worry, I am patient.

Here are lists I've done before running this newest client:

0.  I upgraded the SQL database (execute/import sql upgrade files on sql-files folder from the github). Some SQLs are failed too (or execute nothing). I also had to remove current guild since its structure had to be altered.

1. rsu-kro-renewal-lite patch

If I am not mistaken I fetch the patches until there's no newer patch (2020 08 ?). Of course we still cannot run the game as it detects some errors. Perhaps not necessary, but I also ran the other fetching tool on the same folder (the official one I guess?), but not finishing it.

2. Recompile the Solution with #define PACKETVER 20200401 marking. Avoided any significant errors (thx to developers!)

3. DATA.ini

[Data]
0=rdata.grf
1=data.grf
2=palettes.grf

Of course you can add other grfs in between, if needed.

4. Placing Translation Project's Ragnarok folder to our 2020 folder. (https://github.com/llchrisll/ROenglishRE)

5. NEMO patch profile (the one that's called secret update or something -i forgot). If one NEMO version fails you, try different ones :

5 Enable Proxy Support
9 Disable 1rag1 type parameters (Recommended)
13 Disable Ragexe Filename Check (Recommended)
24 Fix Camera Angles (Recommended)
290 Hide build info in client (Recommended)
34 Enable /showname (Recommended)
291 Hide packets from peek (Recommended)
35 Read Data Folder First
36 Read msgstringtable.txt (Recommended)
38 Remove Gravity Ads (Recommended)
39 Remove Gravity Logo (Recommended)
41 Disable Nagle Algorithm (Recommended)
44 Translate Client (Recommended)
46 Use Normal Guild Brackets (Recommended)
48 Use Plain Text Descriptions (Recommended)
49 Enable Multiple GRFs (Recommended)
53 Use Ascii on All LangTypes (Recommended)
71 Ignore Resource Errors
313 Change MapInfo*.lub path
317 Ignore Quest Errors
320 Ignore Towninfo*.lub Reading
64 @ Bug Fix (Recommended)
65 Load Custom lua file instead of iteminfo*.lub (Recommended)
72 Ignore Missing Palette Error
73 Remove Hourly Announce (Recommended)
84 Remove Serial Display (Recommended)
90 Enable DNS Support (Recommended)
231 Remove hardcoded address/port (Recommended)
232 Restore old login packet (Recommended)
234 Ignore Lua Errors
239 Ignore /account: command line argument

The list above is not absolute, as I don't actually know why even though some Recommended patches couldn't be ticked, I still can play the game. Oh ya, besides the Recommended ones, follow the llchrisll Translation Project's lub files swapping. (e.g Read Data folder first,  and EN version of things on the System/ folder)

6. A little bit adjustment on the grf files

a. Extern error

I found that there's a small error return on Externsetting. It should be returned as 0, not -1.

MaxLevelTable = {
	BaseLevel = 99,
	BaseLevel3rd = 200,
	BaseLevel4th = 
	HomunMaxLvAura_sub = LEVELAURA.EF_LEVEL185_SUB
}

function GetTableIntValueForC(tableName, keyName)
	local t = _G[tableName]
	if nil == t then
		return 0
	end
	local intValue = t[keyName]
	if nil == intValue then
		return 0
	else
		return intValue
	end
end

function GetTableBoolValueForC(tableName, keyName)
end

I only changed return value of getTableIntValueForC function. This above is indeed originated from \data\luafiles514\lua files\service_korea\ExternalSettings_kr_sak_2020.lub,
therefore I renamed it to be without _2020 ending (wait. or was it without  _sak_2020 ?).  I guess this is because I chose Korean on sclientinfo.xml.
This file above is outside the grf.

b. Skill Tab Info crash

At this point, I managed to run the new skill animation, mob killing like usual, some menu and tabs. EXCEPT the Skill Tab.
To handle this, inside grf, there's data\luafiles514\lua files\skillinfoz\skillinfo_f.lub. I copied the content of this one to outside and make a new lub file then placed it in the respective data folder. I think there's something wrong with skillinfo_f.lub made by Translation Project (but IDK which line). By doing this, the priority to read skillinfo is: 1) data folder ---> 2) rdata.grf ----> 3) data.grf

(to be updated)

Edited by eduardoxmenezes
  • Upvote 2

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1167

how you could pick option 

13 Disable Ragexe Filename Check (Recommended)

because i can't pick this option

Edited by hendra814

• Topic Count:  10

I myself have no idea. Got many options couldn't be picked too here (unlike the tutorial on Youtube), but I can run the game. Maybe it's due to patches or being ignored (Ignore error in NEMO).

And I patch the Ragexe RE from the main client that's downloaded first

Edited by eduardoxmenezes

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00

Thumbs up for this post.

after i selecting character and loading. The client will automatically close. any idea?
btw, where we can get the palettes.grf?

Edited by jayvz17

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  491

5 hours ago, jayvz17 said:

Thumbs up for this post.

after i selecting character and loading. The client will automatically close. any idea?
btw, where we can get the palettes.grf?

can enter map server ? if yes you forget to add SCDream4.otf and SCDream6.otf

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  319

There's a reason for all these issues. We been stuck with the 2018-06-20RagexeRE client for almost 2 years due to dev's not wanting to put in the major amount of time and work needed to support newer clients which required the 2 billion item ID's support in the packets. Plus they had a lot on their plate that they needed to catch up on first. These road blocks tend to happen every few years when certain kind of changes happen to newer clients and because of this, other area's of development lag behind for a while. Now that 2020 clients are usable, people are able to use them and see whats working and whats broken and as usual the issues appear and need to be reported.

4144 is working on the diff's for Nemo but there's likely some that are broken and not reported yet. I was asked for help fixing the 64k hair styles one multiple times. Sorry but im not the one who makes these diffs. Report it to that project dev please. Also around March 2019 the compiler used for clients changed which is why every diff has to be updated to work on newer clients. So if a diff gives any kind of issues, report it so he can fix that. Way to minimize errors caused by diff's is to try using the minimal amount first and see what it does. Best try only with recommended first and then add additional diffs from there.

Next is the translation project which is done by zackdreaver. When newer clients come out, they expect the code for newer functions in the lua files to be in there. If something is missing, you will get lua errors and possible crashes. The biggest cause for these issues is that the lua function files (Ones with _f at the end) are in this project as well which shouldn't be. This just causes headaches for those updating to newer clients since the files in the project are older then the ones in the data.grf/rdata.grf. They shouldn't even be hosted there at all since no one edits them and hardly any of them has stuff needing translating in them. Heck even textures that don't help with translating are there too which can sometimes cause issues if dated. A lot of unneeded trash needs to be purged from there. But if you encounters with error messages or client crashes, this is another area to look into. Ways to minimize errors from this is to remove all your lua's first to see if it fixes your issue. This is the biggest cause of error messages on startup and after selecting your character. Textures rarely cause issues but ive seen the ones for character select cause issues before when they got updated but used with older clients. If you suspect that could also be the cause of your issue, try removing them.

Last is issues with rAthena. So far with 2020 clients im hearing of apples appearing in the refine UI and guild emblems not appearing. These are issues the rA dev team has to resolve but sometimes its not as simple as it seams and may take longer then usual to fix. Like how gif guild emblems are handled. Also there's a chance other item related issues may appear due to July 2020 and newer clients having a updated item packets structure of a added byte for item ranks. Im not aware of any other issues but we might see more hidden ones appear soon as more servers update to these newer clients. If you encounter any of these issues or other odd glitches in the gameplay, report it in rAthena's issue tracker in the git repo.

I hope this info helps those looking for answer. Please give all the dev's time to catch up on everything. It will take a few months to get this stabilized. Around 6 to 12 months likely but we can minimize it by reporting these issues.

• Love 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  111

64k hair styles patch very outdated and should be not used for newer clients than it already support.

use patch http://nemo.herc.ws/patches/IncreaseHairSprites/ but it may fail for some clients

• Like 1