I want to talk about RO in a new aspect of game

cmsm94

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  170

Hello asgardians,

As you have read my title, I would like to know what do you guys think of making a new game as in not removing RO but using ro aspects?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1443

It can go either way depends on what you have in mind, it will also be alot of work.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789

Hello asgardians,

As you have read my title, I would like to know what do you guys think of making a new game as in not removing RO but using ro aspects?

many have try this like using other aspects mostly on anime like SAO, Naruto, One Piece etc they used RO as basis of their project because its pretty easy but it need alot of time and effort.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  193

True, it will be easy on paper and on the eyes, but when you actually work on it, it's quite different, and only a few projects survive. Mine is holding out just fine, probably.

True, it will be easy on paper and on the eyes, but when you actually work on it, it's quite different, and only a few projects survive. Mine is holding out just fine, probably.

Mines coming along slowly as well, but i don't like asking for help so its just me~

Well, there are some pros and cons to doing it solo and doing it with a group. Doing so with a group practically increases the speed of which development will happen, but the downside is that ideas will clash to how the project will go. The upside of doing it solo gives you more flexibility and I suppose more freedom to what you want to occur, down side is that you'll have to do it by yourself which drastically increases development time.

As for my project it only really needs some GFX and probably some maps and npcs, and a little adjustment to the skills then should be set to go. Then again, no idea if it will fair well or not, but at least it will be done regardless xD

Well, there are some pros and cons to doing it solo and doing it with a group. Doing so with a group practically increases the speed of which development will happen, but the downside is that ideas will clash to how the project will go. The upside of doing it solo gives you more flexibility and I suppose more freedom to what you want to occur, down side is that you'll have to do it by yourself which drastically increases development time.

As for my project it only really needs some GFX and probably some maps and npcs, and a little adjustment to the skills then should be set to go. Then again, no idea if it will fair well or not, but at least it will be done regardless xD

I'll probably start looking for help with basic scripts quest and items once I get the 1-1 classes done. Probably only a few more weeks.

Oh nice, I can help out if you want to /no1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  170

Hello asgardians,

many have try this like using other aspects mostly on anime like SAO, Naruto, One Piece etc they used RO as basis of their project because its pretty easy but it need alot of time and effort.

Yeah, I had the idea also. I know its possible too, it would be hard to work solo. 

What essential things to have before beginning it.

First i know you need a theme, what else?

Edited by cmsm94

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  928

I had SAO based projects this is it http://ssro.ml/

Sorry for Thai languages server.

Edited by TARTs

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  813

Well, isn't it what many server owners do? Trying to change certain aspects of RO to make it better?

If you really mean that it's basically a new game, but some of the aspect from RO are used. Well, I think there are a bunch of things you could copy from RO:

1. The stat system is really nice and well balanced, if you combine some ideas from pre-renewal with some ideas from renewal, it could be the perfect stat system.

2. Remember RO in the old days? It didn't tell you what to do or where to go and you only coincidentally stumbled upon quests occasionally. There need to be more games like this.

3. RO's spawn system. The fact that most monsters respawn instantly but always on a completely random position on the whole map makes gameplay interesting. You actually have to move around to find more monsters rather than stay next to respawn points.

But the great things about RO only work for MMORPGs. Trying to use them for offline games is bound to fail. And making an MMORPG is very hard.