Need general help with FluxCP...

Peopleperson49

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

What document actually modified what is in the sidebar on the CP? If you go to themes/default/main/sidebar.php you can see the bar for it. If you delete everything it will remove the sidebar. However, inside the document leads to multiple $menuItem that specify what to actually put there. I have searched for it all over and tried to tinker with stuff to see what it does. I can't seem to get it. I'm specifically trying to remove the Who's Online and Map Statstics from it. I also want to add more pages to it as I need them. How do I get it to require e-mail confirmation to activate the account? That is a nice feature for ensuring that people have a valid e-mail address. I also want to all it to let more than one of the same email address be used when making seperate accounts. I had more questions but I can't think of them right now.

Peopleperson49

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  71

i got a newbie question. where do I find that /config/application.php after the installation, it seems that the sidemenu are "fixed" including the submenu.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  71

found it LOL.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  243

What document actually modified what is in the sidebar on the CP? If you go to themes/default/main/sidebar.php you can see the bar for it. If you delete everything it will remove the sidebar. However, inside the document leads to multiple $menuItem that specify what to actually put there. I have searched for it all over and tried to tinker with stuff to see what it does. I can't seem to get it. I'm specifically trying to remove the Who's Online and Map Statstics from it. I also want to add more pages to it as I need them.

/config/applications.php

// These are the main menu items that should be displayed by themes.
// They route to modules and actions.  Whether they are displayed or
// not at any given time depends on the user's account level and/or
// their login status.
'MenuItems' => array(
 'Main Menu'   => array(
  'Home'		  => array('module' => 'main'),
  //'Forums'		=> array('exturl' => 'http://www.fluxro.com/community'),
 ),
 'Account'	 => array(
  'Register'	  => array('module' => 'account', 'action' => 'create'),
  'Login'		 => array('module' => 'account', 'action' => 'login'),
  'Logout'		=> array('module' => 'account', 'action' => 'logout'),
  'History'	   => array('module' => 'history'),
  'My Account'	=> array('module' => 'account', 'action' => 'view'),
 ),
 'Donations'   => array(
  'Purchase'	  => array('module' => 'purchase'),
  'Donate'		=> array('module' => 'donate'),
 ),
 'Information' => array(
  'Server Info.'  => array('module' => 'server', 'action' => 'info'),
  'Server Status' => array('module' => 'server', 'action' => 'status'),
  'WoE Hours'	 => array('module' => 'woe'),
  'Castles'	   => array('module' => 'castle'),
  "Who's Online"  => array('module' => 'character', 'action' => 'online'),
  'Map Statistics'=> array('module' => 'character', 'action' => 'mapstats'),
  'Ranking Info.' => array('module' => 'ranking', 'action' => 'character'),
 ),
 'Database'	=> array(
  'Item Database' => array('module' => 'item'),
  'Mob Database'  => array('module' => 'monster'),
 ),
 'Misc. Stuff' => array(
  'eA Logs'	   => array('module' => 'logdata'),
  'CP Logs'	   => array('module' => 'cplog'),
  'IP Ban List'   => array('module' => 'ipban'),
  'Accounts'	  => array('module' => 'account'),
  'Characters'	=> array('module' => 'character'),
  'Guilds'		=> array('module' => 'guild'),
  'Reload'		=> array('module' => 'reload'),
  'Send Mail'	 => array('module' => 'mail'),
  'Re-Install'	=> array('module' => 'install', 'action' => 'reinstall'),
  //'Auction'	   => array('module' => 'auction'),
  //'Economy'	   => array('module' => 'economy'),
 )
),

How do I get it to require e-mail confirmation to activate the account? That is a nice feature for ensuring that people have a valid e-mail address. I also want to all it to let more than one of the same email address be used when making seperate accounts.

Again, /config/applications.php

Similar thread: http://rathena.org/board/topic/61684-enable-email-verification-in-flux/

'AllowDuplicateEmails' => false,					// Whether or not to allow duplicate e-mails to be used in registration. (See Mailer config options)
'RequireEmailConfirm'  => false,					// Require e-mail confirmation during registration.
'RequireChangeConfirm' => false,					// Require confirmation when changing e-mail addresses.
'EmailConfirmExpire'   => 48,					   // E-mail confirmations expire hours. Unconfirmed accounts will expire after this period of time.
'MailerFromAddress'	=> 'noreply@localhost',	  // The e-mail address displayed in the From field.
'MailerFromName'	   => 'MailerName',			 // The name displayed with the From e-mail address.
'MailerUseSMTP'		=> false,					// Whether or not to use a separate SMTP server for sending mail.
'MailerSMTPUseSSL'	 => false,					// Whether or not mailer should connect using SSL (yes for GMail).
'MailerSMTPUseTLS'	 => false,					// Same as above SSL setting, but for TLS.  This setting will override the SSL setting.
'MailerSMTPPort'	   => null,					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: SMTP server port (mailer will default to 25).
'MailerSMTPHosts'	  => null,					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: A string host or array of hosts (e.g., 'host1' or array('host1', 'backuphost')).
'MailerSMTPUsername'   => null,					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized username for SMTP server.
'MailerSMTPPassword'   => null,					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized password for SMTP server (for above user).

Thanks, I got that stuff to update like a charm. However, now I can't seem to add anything new to the config/application.php. I added the custompages folder and assistant.php just fine, but when you try to go to the page it says:

Page Not Found
The page you have requested was not found on our server. Please check the address and make sure it is correct, and try again.
/?module=custompages&action=assistant

Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  243

Do you have that 'custompages' module/folder and the 'assistant' page/file?

Ie.

FLUX_ROOT/

- modules/

---- custompages/

-------- assistant.php

- themes/

---- default/ (or whatever theme you are using)

-------- custompages/

-------------- assistant.php

I put the folder and document inside of the modules folder like this: modules\custompages\assistant.php. Thanks for reply. I also have an issue with the email confirmation. When you register it says: Your account has been created, but unfortunately we failed to send an e-mail due to technical difficulties. Please contact a staff member and request for assistance. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere that I am missng.

Peopleperson49

Edited by peopleperson49