How to compile old emulator for offline rathena server only

alexander03

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  154

Hello everyone ,anyone know how to compile old version of rathena like 2010 to 2013 version i have it my trunk, 

Anyone know what vs i need to compile and run server properly? Some people suggest use centos 6 ? Is centos 6 possible to download at this moment? Please help 

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1536

4 hours ago, alexander03 said:

Hello everyone ,anyone know how to compile old version of rathena like 2010 to 2013 version i have it my trunk, 

Anyone know what vs i need to compile and run server properly? Some people suggest use centos 6 ? Is centos 6 possible to download at this moment? Please help 

depends.

can use windows and compile with visual studio, or compile with any other OS that supported at that time.

By the way, didnt recommend using old version rathena, for sure have outdated bugs that most probably private server players will spot on easily.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  1188

7 hours ago, alexander03 said:

use microsoft visual studio 2018

• Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  154

On 10/29/2023 at 8:49 AM, Chaos92 said:

depends.

can use windows and compile with visual studio, or compile with any other OS that supported at that time.

By the way, didnt recommend using old version rathena, for sure have outdated bugs that most probably private server players will spot on easily.

Hmmmm but still there is centos 6 available to download? Do you have sir a link to download it free and safe? 

On 10/29/2023 at 10:54 AM, hendra814 said:

use microsoft visual studio 2018

This is like 2010 or 2013 rathena i think,are u try like that old compile pn vs2018 sir? 

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  1536

2 hours ago, alexander03 said:

Hmmmm but still there is centos 6 available to download? Do you have sir a link to download it free and safe? 

why must centos 6 ? theres a lot more OS that compatible to recompile.

Safe ? its old rathena, what u expect from outdated files, most probably full with bugs/issue that has been fixed before till now 2023.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  18

14 hours ago, alexander03 said:

I've been able to compile (and run the generated binaries) for old eAthena source files dated around 2007 or so using docker. I'm using an old Debian Etch EOL as the compile & run environment. The exact docker command is below:

docker run --rm -it --platform linux/386 --entrypoint bash -p 6900:6900 -p 5121:5121 -p 6121:6121 -v $(pwd):/eAthena debian/eol:etch-slim

A similar approach should work for rAthena source file from that era. Docker hub probably has a Centos 6 image that you can use directly, although finding and installing dependencies like mysql etc might be tricky.