Jump to content
  • 0
Saita

Gepard - whitelist to enable botting.

Question

Is it possible to enable botting for specific accounts?

I want to be able to bot for a feature I am developing, mainly to fetch all the shops in town for an app I am making.

I don't own a server, but some server admins I am contacting would let me bot but they don't know how to allow it with gepard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
32 minutes ago, Saita said:

Is it possible to enable botting for specific accounts?

I want to be able to bot for a feature I am developing, mainly to fetch all the shops in town for an app I am making.

I don't own a server, but some server admins I am contacting would let me bot but they don't know how to allow it with gepard.

You can develop the system from the "vending_items" SQL table.
I don't know if this is what you want to create, but it is an idea.

Better to ask @Functor directly.
It must be possible through a whitelist, but I believe that there is no such thing developed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 minutes ago, Gladius said:

You can develop the system from the "vending_items" SQL table.
I don't know if this is what you want to create, but it is an idea.

Better to ask @Functor directly.
It must be possible through a whitelist, but I believe that there is no such thing developed.

I tried messaging him but it said he can't receive messages =\

The database approach would be perfect, by it seems rAthena does not store vends in the database without some sort of plugin.
At least I couldn't find it by looking at the official git repository.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, Saita said:

I tried messaging him but it said he can't receive messages =\

The database approach would be perfect, by it seems rAthena does not store vends in the database without some sort of plugin.
At least I couldn't find it by looking at the official git repository.

See https://github.com/rathena/rathena/blob/master/sql-files/main.sql#L1053

Contact with him is very difficult, he only responds when the user wants to buy something.
I recommend you to develop your system in an alternative way, without depending on it.
As I suggested, make the system using the server database...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, Saita said:

Is it possible to enable botting for specific accounts?

I want to be able to bot for a feature I am developing, mainly to fetch all the shops in town for an app I am making.

I don't own a server, but some server admins I am contacting would let me bot but they don't know how to allow it with gepard.

It is a bit strange to collect vending info by using a bot. Gladius is right. It is better to find an alternative way. Gepard Shield doesn't have a function that allows using the unprotected game client/bot.

2 hours ago, Gladius said:

Contact with him is very difficult, he only responds when the user wants to buy something.

He couldn't contact me, because the PM inbox was full. I don't support Gepard Shield on the forum's PM and don't check it every day. All my customers use Skype account for it. Customers receive replies every day. If you have some problems with contacting me on Skype, you can send me a PM on the forum. I already removed some PMs.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2/26/2021 at 2:44 AM, Functor said:

It is a bit strange to collect vending info by using a bot.

he is trying to recreate the iRO Ragial or the RagnaStats website probably for private servers.

On 3/2/2021 at 7:53 PM, Neffletics said:

The server owner can create an API for you that fetches the vending data. Stop making it complicated, haha.

but yeah, this should be the correct approach.

 

and also, if you cant find someone thru PM, its pointless to post in forum. Stop notifying other just to notify the person you trying to reach. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.