what is the client everyone is using?

nitroglisc

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10

So what client is everyone using now? And how do I diff it? And what diffs work? Are there still several versions of the clients that people are using? I know it's a lot of questions but I'm new to this whole thing and the client part is really throwing me off. I have managed to install my server properly and get it up and running but the client is is not working out for me, what's the client you would reccomend that would be the easiest to get working?

7 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

Depends on your needs.

If you want renewal features on your server best for you is 2013-2014 game clients

If you want pre-re you can select from 2010 up to 2013 game client.

You must decide.

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

I'm using kRO Ragexe 2013-08-07a, diffed by using NEMO. Just need to open NEMO (after u download it), choose the client.exe -> load patch -> select recommendation, and patch. done

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  806

I use 2014-06-13a . Well its the newest usable client available anyways :)  . I haven't tested it extensively though hmm.

Depends on your needs.

If you want renewal features on your server best for you is 2013-2014 game clients

If you want pre-re you can select from 2010 up to 2013 game client.

You must decide.

Like what Anacondaqq said. If you want new features and interfaces (along with proper third classes & skills)  you need to get Clients in the 2013-2014 range. Otherwise 2010-2012 game clients are what are you need.

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Somebody knows btw if 2013 client has random crashes eventually? :P I've been testing it and by no reason it crash to me when I'm in prontera or something like that.

Edit: And when I say randomly it is random. I mean, being afk in prontera by 10 min or 1 hour range, doing nothing, even not calling any mob, player, effect, or anything in data.grf... and boom, crash? happens like eventually 3~4 times a day.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  10

Okay so i got a client and everything and diffed it and i can login to my server but if i try to login using the WAN ip in the clientinfo.xml it just sits on connecting for a miinute untill it says failed to connect, i dont have any firewalls and windows firewall ahs been disabled in the services. I have forwarded the ports and made sure i have a public IP that is static through my ISP. i dont know what the problem is please help??

• Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  206

Somebody knows btw if 2013 client has random crashes eventually? :P I've been testing it and by no reason it crash to me when I'm in prontera or something like that.

Edit: And when I say randomly it is random. I mean, being afk in prontera by 10 min or 1 hour range, doing nothing, even not calling any mob, player, effect, or anything in data.grf... and boom, crash? happens like eventually 3~4 times a day.

I am using 2013-07-03, and I've never experienced something like that, I've been using it like 30 or 40 hours, and nothing happens

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

I use 2014-06-13a . Well its the newest usable client available anyways :)  . I haven't tested it extensively though hmm.

May I ask how you diffed it and what packet you used? I can't seems to get any client past 2014-01-15 to work :)