Could connect yesterday, now I cant?

typhusftw

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11

I'm using 2011-03-15a client and have all the ips set up correctly and it's not letting me connect to my server anymore?

I used it last night and I could connect perfectly fine and I didn't edit any files but when I tried to get on this morning when I went to login it tells me "Failed to Connect to Server" and nothing shows up in my login server about me trying to connect.

I even disabled my antivirus and nothing seems to help at all. Just won't let me connect for some reason :/

Any thoughts on the subject would help! I checked lots of other "can't connect to my server" threads and nothing seemed to help  /pif

4 answers to this question

• Content Count:  398

why do you mean can't connect?

where do you connect? on a lan server?

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  182

I'm using 2011-03-15a client and have all the ips set up correctly and it's not letting me connect to my server anymore?

I used it last night and I could connect perfectly fine and I didn't edit any files but when I tried to get on this morning when I went to login it tells me "Failed to Connect to Server" and nothing shows up in my login server about me trying to connect.

I even disabled my antivirus and nothing seems to help at all. Just won't let me connect for some reason :/

Any thoughts on the subject would help! I checked lots of other "can't connect to my server" threads and nothing seemed to help  /pif

View the logs appearing on the console/terminal of your server so you can see what is the problem on logging in. We cannot tell what's the reason because you posted a vague question.  /ok

• Content Count:  11

It's not letting my client connect to the server. All of my ips are set correctly and there aren't any errors when I run the servers to prevent me from connecting. And the ip in my clientinfo is correct too and I have all the correct ports are forwarded. One night I could get into the server, didn't change any files before I went to bed, next morning I can't connect. Honestly no other way to explain it. It might be "vague" to you guys but there's no other way to explain it. The servers are running fine, my client just won't connect to them anymore for some reason. The map, char, and login server have my WAN ip and everything was running fine. I open my client, type in my password, wait fifteen seconds and it says "Failed to Connect to Server." I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what it could be that's making it so I can't connect anymore. Thanks!

Edited by typhusftw

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1479

are you having a dynamic IP address? if yes, that's the problem.

Or, the server may have shut itself down since there's no connection (if you see: "pinging MySQL server to keep connection alive" too much, then it means the server has shut itself down.)

happened to me once. restart the server.