[Showcase] Lunette in Ruins

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  276

Hi there everyone! This is actually my first map edit! Before i start off, do let me thank a few people that really helped me in creating this map!

Acknowledgement & Credits Centre! XD

1. Najara : Thank you Najara for providing free maps to download and use them as an inspiration to other mappers and also allowing me to edit your map! (Even though my mapping skills are horrible xD).

2. Olrox : For giving me the idea of making a ruined map through the Ruined Prontera map! Although mine can't be as near as yours but still, i believe we should take things step by step and hopefully one day i'll be able to reach your level! XD Thanks for the tip for the effect! Works great! (However it doesn't show in the screenshots though /sob)

3. Syouji : For always answering my questions for mapping xD, especially the lighting part where my walls are black in color! Now that i look back, i can't believe i made that mistake of not pulling it up xD. for that, i thank you! Your videos are a great help for using browedit! For other mappers i strongly recommend that you watch his videos! (I remember editing gat 1 tile at a time, i din't know - / + worked for GAT edit xD)

Map Details

Let's get on to the map detail! First off, this map is named after lunette from Najara as this is a map edit for her map xD. And also from a starting/novice town, i've made it into a ruined part of lunette for my story to go! (Sadly i can't explain much details as i'd like to keep it a secret from everyone before i launch it xD).

Aside from that, i've added an effect which is inspired by Olrox's map! Although the screenshot doesn't show it, however when you're in the map, you can see dust/debris floating around which really brings that ruined effect xD.

All of the models here are from RO itself, i consider myself as an amateur mapper still therefore, i've yet to go into Olrox's advance mapping tutorials for importing models.

One of the hardest things i've come across to face is the GAT edits, as i've made almost everything accessible like the final picture, it requires quite alot of GAT editing and making sure everything's perfect! xD

Before & After Pictures!

Before:

Picture5_zps3ef15dfe.png

After:

Picture4_zpsb0b6a3f4.png

In Depth Pictures!

Entrance of the map itself:

Picture1-2_zps0fae32ff.png

Within one of the inner parts of the city:

Picture2_zpsb9697439.png

Last picture just for fun! XD (Act file is a bit problematic though, my head got chopped off

/sob

Picture3_zps7c3247c7.png

The End

Thank you for your time for seeing the map! I do hope you'll give me a rating and note out some pointers on what i could improve on xD.

P.S.

I've been working on launching this special storyline RO for about 4 months (include scripting, mapping, items and others)! Making sure everything is right before we opened up! xD and i do plan to come out with a bang! That's why i din't show any screenshot logo and others :P

Cheers!

ToiletMaster

Edited by ToiletMaster

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1245

Wow, great transformation between Normal & Ruins version. Choice of models & placements fits the theme quite nicely as well as textures, and the lighting you used is just right. Great job overall. =]

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  313

Great map! congrats!° and thank you for show it ^^ hmm! and credits *0* i´m apreciated.

• Topic Count:  142
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  511

Nice map (y) I like it :) 9/10

Thanks for the comments everyone! I appreciate it! I'm actually quite proud of this map edit as well xD

• Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  1335

I think the best to appreciate in a map is, the dedication and effort someone does to make his work looks good.

It is easy to say that you added a lot of dedication and inspiration to this map you did. I'm looking forward to see more work from you :P congratz!

I think the best to appreciate in a map is, the dedication and effort someone does to make his work looks good.

It is easy to say that you added a lot of dedication and inspiration to this map you did. I'm looking forward to see more work from you :P congratz!

Thank you for the great comment! I'll be staying tuned to look at your maps as well! /heh

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  374

Fuck your map ^ ^ the texture is really cool kkk its first edition?

Fuck your map ^ ^ the texture is really cool kkk its first edition?

Sorry kasumy but i don't get your sentence lol, mind rephrasing it?

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  374

is a first edition? map is very good ^ ^ excuse my slang are different from kkk kkk america

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  806

Damn another map RUINed!!! JK :)

nicely done /ok

is a first edition? map is very good ^ ^ excuse my slang are different from kkk kkk america

its fine haha, thanks for your comments and yeah its in it's first edition. certain things need to be added but overall it'll look more or less like this haha

Damn another map RUINed!!! JK :)

nicely done /ok

haha thanks for your comment! and also...

i_see_what_you_did_there_by_deadwoodpete83-d4w6of0.jpg