Decompiled Lua's For 2011-11-22aRagexeRE Client

Rytech

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319

Hello everyone. Im here today to release a batch of decompiled Lua files made from the latest Lub's in the client's official grf's. The files you see here were decompiled and adjusted to work with the latest RO clients while in a decompiled form. This allow's private server dev's to add many different types of custom content to their clients without the need of hexing a client.

These files are completely brand new and dont use any data from any past decompiled files (Except emotionlist.lub). Reason is because as old as the last release is (March 2011) it was hard to find a starting point. Not only that, past releases are missing some needed data like job checks for skill requirements, types, missing other data....etc. It was best to start from scratch so I could make some fully up-to-date and reliable files.

The files here were made with the latest lub's from around December of 2011. However, due to issues with December clients I made and tested them while using a 2011-11-22aRagexeRE client. No function changes were made during the month of December.

With the release of these files I hope to help the community move a big step forward to getting full support for the latest clients possiable.

Rytech's Decompiled Lua's Release For 2011-11-22 client.

= How To Use =

Place the "lua files" folder in your RO/data/ directory.

They will work in data folders and GRF's.

Be sure to have the "Load Lua Before Lub" diff diffed into your client.

= Notes =

Skill names in the skillinfolist.lua are still in Korean as I didnt bother taking

the time to replace the names with english ones....yet.

All 3rd job skill descripts in the skilldescript.lua are copied from the

sakray iRO client and are mostly up-to-date with the info for the 2011

balances from kRO.

The stateiconinfo.lua is from iRO's sakray client and is up-to-date

with skill info. However, iRO skill names are used in here and will need to be

replaced with kRO skill names in the future.

Finally, I will not bother decompileing any function files since its pointless.

Their's no possiable ways in customize with editing them and is best to keep true

to the original coding in them for the client date. If for some reason one does

need to be decompiled then I will do it.

Other then that, have fun and enjoy the release.

=Final Notes

The development and release of these files is a big step in my plan for getting full support

completed for newer clients. So many users out there are still using clients from around

Feb....March....around there due to lack of newer lua support. Its time to start moving up

to the newer stuff. So much has changed since then and now their's many new custom things

that can be added.

Im really looking forward to the future. =D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below are 2 downloads. The 1st one is the original release and is mainly for development purposes. The 2nd one (V2) is a re-release that includes a few updated files and makes installing a lot easier, as well as allowing the use of the "Load Lua Before Lub" diff.

Rytech's Decompiled Lua Release 2011-11-22.rar

Rytech's Decompiled Lua Release 2011-11-22 V2.rar

Edited by Rytech
  • Upvote 14

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  67

Good luck with this :(

Here is my decompiled stateiconinfo and skilldescript if you want..

stateiconinfo.txt

skilldescript.txt

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33

Nice release, More power to you Rytech :(

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  2244

Rytech ur too awesome

Good luck with this :(

Here is my decompiled stateiconinfo and skilldescript if you want..

stateiconinfo.txt

skilldescript.txt

Amazing!!!! How did you get both files formatted properly? That would of taken ages. If you could do that with the 2 iRO files too itl greatly help me out. Do you need me to decompile them?

Edited by Rytech

wow! nice job!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  107

Maybe you can use this files:

npclocationradius_f.txt

spriterobename_f.txt

Regards,

Zwei

PD. anyone know how to extract ID number from new NPC and MOB?? I'm updating these files: npcidentity.lua and jobname.lua

Edited by Zwei

To decompile it, i use ChunkSpy to make it into a readable format,

then create a program in C to organize it :(

Edited by FatalEror

Here you go

To decompile it, i use ChunkSpy to make it into a readable format,

then create a program in C to organize it :(

Thanks, but the data in these iRO files are dated. The ones in my download are much more up-to-date. Can you do those instead?

npclocationradius_f.txt

spriterobename_f.txt

Regards,

Zwei

PD. anyone know how to extract ID number from new NPC and MOB?? I'm updating these files: npcidentity.lua and jobname.lua

Strange. Is npclocationradius_f.txt a fle they forgot to compile in the past? I was thinking about what to do for functions files and just might sick to using the original compiled ones and change their extensions to lua in the future for when I do a full release for "Read Lua Before Lub" users.

Edited by Rytech

I'm sorry about that..

here: :P

skilldescript.txt

stateiconinfo.txt

Haven't tested it,

there's maybe some error on it :(

npclocationradius_f.txt

spriterobename_f.txt

Regards,

Zwei

Strange. Is npclocationradius_f.txt a fle they forgot to compile in the past? I was thinking about what to do for functions files and just might sick to using the original compiled ones and change their extensions to lua in the future for when I do a full release for "Read Lua Before Lub" users.

Mmm I'm not sure, but when I tried to use the 2011-11-12 Client, I got lua error with that two files, so I searched them and found it there:

http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/ectp_client/Lua_Project/

But then... I have a new lua errors with this files:

datalua filesskilleffectinfoactorstate.lua

datalua filesskilleffectinfoeffectid.lua

datalua filesskilleffectinfoskilleffectinfo_f.lua

datalua filesskilleffectinfoskilleffectinfolist.lua

So I can't use at all that client lol. Rytech, maybe you know how to extract ID number from new NPC and MOB sprites?? I'm updating these files: npcidentity.lua and jobname.lua (I only need how to obtain lastest ID's)

Regards,

Zwei

@FatalEror

OMG DUDE THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! This helped me greatly. il beable to make some up-to-date english files now.

@Zwei

Dont know if im reading your post correctly. Your getting errors from using the files from my release or from that SVN? Like I said, its best to stick to the original compiled function files. To get the latest tags and ID's for npc's I usually had to use Luadisasm, but now im using something else a friend made.

@Zwei

Dont know if im reading your post correctly. Your getting errors from using the files from my release or from that SVN? Like I said, its best to stick to the original compiled function files. To get the latest tags and ID's for npc's I usually had to use Luadisasm, but now im using something else a friend made.

Ok, let me explain... when I tried to use "2011-11-22aRagexeRE.exe" with the Revision 130 of Lua_Project (http://svn6.assembla...de/Lua_Project/), I got errors with this files:

datalua filesdatainfonpclocationradius_f.lua

datalua filesdatainfospriterobename_f.lua

datalua filesskilleffectinfoactorstate.lua

datalua filesskilleffectinfoeffectid.lua

datalua filesskilleffectinfoskilleffectinfo_f.lua

datalua filesskilleffectinfoskilleffectinfolist.lua

So I tried to search an updated lua files to can use the client (2011-11-22aRagexeRE.exe), but I only found npclocationradius_f.lua and spriterobename_f.lua. Where? Here: http://subversion.as...nt/Lua_Project/

That's all. hope you understand me (ok ok... My english isn't perfect u_u)

PD. How I can get Luadisasm? Or the thing that your friend made? I want to update npcidentity.lua and jobname.lua :)

Edited by Zwei

Revision 130 files from the Lub Project will not work properly with that client. Their too old and are missing needed files and functions required by the client. Things like the skillinfolist will work, but will be missing skill range features for example which is needed for other functions. That revision of those files are met for the May 4th client. The November 22 client is different and requires the newer stuff. So I dont know why your attempting to use older files.

If im still reading or understanding incorrectly can someone correct me? Thanks.

As for the Luadisasm use this....

http://modtools.petr...n.net/tools/Lua

And my friend doesent want to release his decompiler. Its in the alpha state and isnt ready for public use.

Edited by Rytech

Revision 130 files from the Lub Project will not work properly with that client. Their too old and are missing needed files and functions required by the client. Things like the skillinfolist will work, but will be missing skill range features for example which is needed for other functions. That revision of those files are met for the May 4th client. The November 22 client is different and requires the newer stuff. So I dont know why your attempting to use older files.

If im still reading or understanding incorrectly can someone correct me? Thanks.

As for the Luadisasm use this....

http://modtools.petr...n.net/tools/Lua

And my friend doesent want to release his decompiler. Its in the alpha state and isnt ready for public use.

I used older files, because I don't had the new files... Whatever... :P If the files I uploaded can serve you, go ahead.

Thanks for the link of Luadisasm. Hope you friend can make his release public soon :)

Regards,

Zwei

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  81

http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/lubtool/trunk/

i did not public it because its nowhere near release code, not even alpha code

just enough hacked code to make some output.

good luck understanding it

Yom <3

thanks!

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  967

as Expected to my Sensei

xD

http://subversion.as.../lubtool/trunk/

i did not public it because its nowhere near release code, not even alpha code

just enough hacked code to make some output.

good luck understanding it

Yom <3

Arigato Gozaimasu!!

@Yommy

Nice to see you decided to release your lua decompiler tool to the public. Even tho its not complete, it far more better then any other decompiler ive ever seen.

@everyone

To use this you need php support. You can download from this link and install....

http://windows.php.net/downloads/releases/php-5.3.8-nts-Win32-VC9-x86.msi

When installing itl ask if you want to install a server. Choose not to install any server and just click next the entire way. When it shows which components to install be sure not to touch any of that and just hit next. Once complete youll also want to download and install Notepad++ as it greatly helps with fixing the small errors in the outputed files from the decompiler.

To install and use the decompiler just make a folder anywhere and name it what you want. Then place the following files in the folder....

LuaTool.bat

LuaTool ToFile.bat

lua.inc.php

LuaTool.php

You will also need to make a folder in the same folder you placed those files in and name it lubs. Once done, you can use the decompiler. To use it youll need to place 1 lub file (Thats right. It can only do 1 at a time. Attempting to do more then 1 can mess up the output) in the lubs folder. Then you click the LuaTool ToFile.bat to run it. It will generate a output.txt file which will contain the decompiled code. Be sure to do something with the output file before you continue, like open it and save as with a different name, or just rename the file.

If you want to decompile another file youll need to remove the lub file from the lubs folder before you place another in there or else the decompiler will try to read multiple files and mess up. No matter what file you decompile the output will always be saved to output.txt which is why you should do something with the data before decompiling another.

Next is cleaning the data. Right click any of the decompiled files and click Edit With Notepad++. Once opened youll need to remove the first 4 lines as their not part of the script. After that comes the tricky part. On the menu bar above click Search -> Find. A window will open. Click the Replace tab. Here's where you will do commands to cleanup the script. How you clean each file depends on the output.

For example youll notice in files like skillinfolist something like this....1 = "SN_WINDWALK". Every skill info entry will have one like that, but that 1 = part shouldnt be there and will cause errors. To remove them use the replace window you opened. First type in the Find What : 1 = . Thats 1(space)=(space). In the Replace With : keep it empty. Then click the Replace All button and itl remove all those 1 = things. This is a example of how to clean the files. Other things that may need to be done is removing unneeded [ ] or { } or adding needed { }, or other things.

Its a bit tricky but it can be done and it can greatly help and reduce the amount of time needed to cleanup a file. You can make changes and test the files with a RO client while having the file in your data/lua files/whatever folder. Some of the error's the client will spit out may be confusing and hard to figure out and fix. If you run into any issues, feel free to use my lua files release as a reference to compare and see if you missed anything. I hope this help everyone on the decompiler. I type this kinda quick.

• Upvote 6

thanks for the clear instructions rytech =)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  141

I in my way to fully understand the process. Thanks for sharing the guide and tool.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  18

I in my way to fully understand the process. Thanks for sharing the guide and tool.

Sir OnNPlay are you still working on translated Data Files?

Edited by Kraiser X Astral

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  63

How can i convert all that lua files into lub files at once? Coz im using luac to convert lua to lub but its too hard to convert it 1 by 1

Thanks

Change your files and folders options to show file extensions and then change the extension on each lub files to lua.