Damage numbers block whole screen

Lily

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12

Hello everyone,

Currently running on client version 2018-06-21a.

I am running into an issue in which my damage numbers sometimes block the entire screen. It basically looks like the screen is flashing in yellow, white and red. (Colors of crits, damage numbers etc).

The issue happens when using skills but also when simply auto-attacking as shown in the example below:

https://gyazo.com/3d5a336a07811116810e8a2b8ad99c77

I've tried the following things to fix this issue:
-Replaced DMG Sprites.
-Tried different fonts.
-Deleted the Standard sprites from the DMG Sprites.
-New Diff with new Zoom - 75% / 50%  etc.
-Changed DMG numbers from 6 to 10.
-Changed DMG numbers back from 10 to 6.
-Tested numerous graphic outputs in the setup.exe/client (Drirect3d, graphic card options etc)
-Tested it on numerous characters/classes and on numerous maps

We're still in the process of testing the following:
-Using yet another damage font Done, issue persists
-Temporarily remove any and all customized graphics we have in place when it comes to Class skills  Adjusted my grf to have nothing but lua files and login textures and the issue still continued
-Look into our diffed client for any potential problem-causers.    The client with only the recommended diffs still had the issue.

In the meantime, if anyone has any idea on how to fix this please let me know. I've been stuck on this issue for quite a while :).

Edit: It might be good to add that it doesn't happen constantly. I could be attacking a target without any issues for 30 minutes and the next moment the screen goes ham.

Thank you for your time and support,

Lily

Edited by Lily

11 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  491

what do you use hexed ?

@Akbare

Hi there! Thanks for your response. I'm unsure what you mean, do you mean the client version/ difflog? 

Edited by Lily
Added info.

Update: We remade/rediffed our client with only the recommended diffs and the issue still persisted. Doesn't seem to be a problem in the diffs.

• Group:  Content Moderator
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1676

1 hour ago, Lily said:

Update: We remade/rediffed our client with only the recommended diffs and the issue still persisted. Doesn't seem to be a problem in the diffs.

If that is the case, then it's from your client files ,just test ,remove any unneeded file from the client files (grf) it's better to start from a clean grf then add your necessary edits only (after you test with the clean grf and confirm that the problem is gone)

Edited by sader1992

9 hours ago, sader1992 said:

If that is the case, then it's from your client files ,just test ,remove any unneeded file from the client files (grf) it's better to start from a clean grf then add your necessary edits only (after you test with the clean grf and confirm that the problem is gone)

Thanks for the response. Will start testing with as clean of a grf as possible  and see what happens. ?

Edited by Lily

14 hours ago, sader1992 said:

Update: I basically removed everything from my grf except for the lua folders, clientinfo and sclientinfo  and the texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º map for the login/userinterface. Issue still persists :(.

• Group:  Content Moderator
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1676

2 hours ago, Lily said:

Update: I basically removed everything from my grf except for the lua folders, clientinfo and sclientinfo  and the texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º map for the login/userinterface. Issue still persists :(.

so basically you know now that the issue is coming from the files that you didn't remove.

23 hours ago, sader1992 said:

so basically you know now that the issue is coming from the files that you didn't remove.

Checked all the lua files and fixed an error in the shadowtable but this had no effect on the bug. However we found a way to solve the issue, in the end it didn't seem to have anything to do with our server files, instead its a compatibility issue with windows 10. Adjusting our client to run as windows XP service pack 3 got rid of the graphic bug entirely.  Now we need to check if there's a way for our launcher to run the exe in compatibility mode  by default. Otherwise every player would have to adjust this individually.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  40

On 2/13/2021 at 7:58 PM, Lily said:

Checked all the lua files and fixed an error in the shadowtable but this had no effect on the bug. However we found a way to solve the issue, in the end it didn't seem to have anything to do with our server files, instead its a compatibility issue with windows 10. Adjusting our client to run as windows XP service pack 3 got rid of the graphic bug entirely.  Now we need to check if there's a way for our launcher to run the exe in compatibility mode  by default. Otherwise every player would have to adjust this individually.

Autostarting and Forcing ".exe" into Comp. mode requires a entry in the registry.

As 90% of people scream when launchers or clients get called out from windows defender or other anti virus programs, i´d rather just have people who have the issue enable it for themselfs.

Its a common enough procedure in ragnarok anways.

On 2/14/2021 at 10:45 PM, trickerytrickery said:

Autostarting and Forcing ".exe" into Comp. mode requires a entry in the registry.

As 90% of people scream when launchers or clients get called out from windows defender or other anti virus programs, i´d rather just have people who have the issue enable it for themselfs.

Its a common enough procedure in ragnarok anways.

True. We will probably just stick to a readily available guide on how to fix the issue. It only takes a few seconds to fix either way :).

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  40

3 hours ago, Lily said:

True. We will probably just stick to a readily available guide on how to fix the issue. It only takes a few seconds to fix either way :).

Wish you the best of luck - though, keep in mind.

Never underestimate the Idiocrazy of "Users"