• 0
Poring King

Looking for guide for multi server in single client

Question

Hello Fellow rAthena member !

Im looking for any guide for multi server in single client . i have a little bit idea how it goes but when i made it the 2 character that i log in on other server they meet in same map ! HAHAHA . In my client i already made the multi server but i think i have a problem on my clientinfo . HAHA any guide ? provide me please or share your idea how it should be work ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

 

For your 2nd server, just run the char/map server and have them connect to your pre-existing login server with a new set of server communication user/pass. In your `login` table for your ragnarok SQL database, you need to add ID#2 with gender of 'S' to set up the server communication user/pass for your 2nd server. 

Also, change the default ports for the 2nd server's char/map to ones which you do not use; but still use the same login server port as the one in your 1st server

 

example for the client.xml(not sure this will work, didnt tested it)

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='euc-kr' ?>
<clientinfo>
	<servicetype>america</servicetype>
	<servertype>primary</servertype>
	<connection>
		<display>first server</display>
		<balloon>500x500x100x</balloon>
		<address>200.72.71.100</address>
		<port>6900</port>
		<version>20</version>
		<aid>
			<admin>2000000</admin>
		</aid>
		<registrationweb>http://www.ro.com</registrationweb>
	</connection>
	<connection>
		<display>second server/display>
		<balloon>Rates Normal 7x7x7x - 1x MVP Card</balloon>
		<address>75.126.27.99</address>
		<port>6900</port>
		<version>20</version>
		<aid>
			<admin>2000000</admin>
			<admin>2000011</admin>
		</aid>
		<registrationweb>http://www.ro2.com</registrationweb>
	</connection>
		<loading>
		<image>loading00.jpg</image>
		<image>loading01.jpg</image>
		<image>loading02.jpg</image>
		<image>loading03.jpg</image>
		<image>loading04.jpg</image>
		<image>loading05.jpg</image>
	</loading>
</clientinfo>

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Sounds like this . 

Main server have 3server.bat
Second server i will only run the char and map ? then the log in will same but i will change the communication . so it make's 5server.bat are open ? im i right ?

the clientinfo given above is same on what i did on my test server . i made 2 ragnarok_db and 2logs . thats why i ask for a nice guide . AHAHA i already confuse for what i did HAHA. 
how the adresswork in client info ? i think i also have problem there . because since i change the address my client.exe cant run i dunno why but i suspected its because of my address on my client info . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

i think he is referring to having 2 servers that run on the same login server but have a different char and map server to make the characters on both of these different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, sikiro said:

i think he is referring to having 2 servers that run on the same login server but have a different char and map server to make the characters on both of these different.

well. i agree it sound like having 2 emulator on single login server... perhaps this could give u some idea..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, hazimjauhari90 said:

well. i agree it sound like having 2 emulator on single login server... perhaps this could give u some idea..

This guide you reply on post here are same of what i did on my test server that only came up on my minds . Now i see your guide its really same on me . but your guide dosen't provide from database if i need to create a new db for each server etc ? . 

@hazimjauhari90 Hey buddy thx for your reply i really appreciate it . Do you already tested the guide that you reply on that post ? if yes do it works or not ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
42 minutes ago, Poring King said:

 

i tested it using 3ceam & hercules on my previous testing.. it should work.. especially with these modification

in this case, you'll need to remove the login-server on one of the start scripts before executing them as ./athena start will start login / char / map servers

server 1 -> athena start will start login / char / map server
server 2-> athena start will start char/ map server

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hello since this is my old post i just want to open this again to avoid lot of post . I start making again multiple server witch is 1log in with 2 server . Last time that i make this i suddenly give up . And now i see some progress and here .

Im using the port difference for multi server im not using the IP one .

Now my only problem is the char server in my 2nd server are refusing by login server in server 1 . 
I use the above referrence and this

 

This is the result .login server are refusing my connection . 

5.thumb.png.7ea28503a403c11c8a2de794d927164e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 hours ago, Poring King said:

Hello since this is my old post i just want to open this again to avoid lot of post . I start making again multiple server witch is 1log in with 2 server . Last time that i make this i suddenly give up . And now i see some progress and here .

Im using the port difference for multi server im not using the IP one .

Now my only problem is the char server in my 2nd server are refusing by login server in server 1 . 
I use the above referrence and this

 

This is the result .login server are refusing my connection . 

5.thumb.png.7ea28503a403c11c8a2de794d927164e.png

add username and password in your login table and use gender ' S ' for system

username and password must same in your 2nd server [ char and map ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Akbare I have 2 different server username and password for each server and database . Both of 2server when run individual are working but when i change the the login port into the port of server 1 that will be happend

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, Poring King said:

@Akbare I have 2 different server username and password for each server and database . Both of 2server when run individual are working but when i change the the login port into the port of server 1 that will be happend

 

error in your console indicates that the username you are using does not work

check again, may be something wrong there

Edited by Akbare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...