[Login Server Error]

Malice

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38

Hi everyone! Good Morning! So I have a hosting at ragnahosting.com. After changing the password of myphpadmin I tried to back up my server and it had problems connecting to mysql since i didnt change the pass in sql and I ended up changing the password back to the original one and fixed the launch of map and char server. However another problem occur with login server after restoring the old password its crashing whenever i start the server. This is my error:

[Info]: Attempt to connect to login-server

[Status]: Connecting to 127.0.0.1:6900

[Error]make_connection: connect failed (socket #6, error 111: Connection refused)!

Thanks in advance!!!

1111.png

13 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1546

How about the inter_athena.conf did you check it and change it to the new password you make?

Hi @Radian actually I restored the old password since all the consoles are crashing after I changed it. But then this error occured after restoring the original password.  Here's a screenshot of my int_athena.conf. I tried talking to the "Live Chat" of ragna hosting however they have not responded yet.

1111.png

Edited by Malice

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1137

18 minutes ago, Malice said:

Hi @Radian actually I restored the old password since all the consoles are crashing after I changed it. But then this error occured after restoring the original password.  Here's a screenshot of my int_athena.conf. I tried talking to the "Live Chat" of ragna hosting however they have not responded yet.

1111.png

Make sure your MySQL passwords are same as char_athena.conf and inter_athena.conf ,. Map_athena.conf in your confi/import folder

36 minutes ago, Cyro said:

Make sure your MySQL passwords are same as char_athena.conf and inter_athena.conf ,. Map_athena.conf in your confi/import folder

After checking confi/import folder, I found out login and log conf are empty  unlike the inter,char, and map that has the info in it.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1137

15 minutes ago, Malice said:

After checking confi/import folder, I found out login and log conf are empty  unlike the inter,char, and map that has the info in it.

Yeah that how it works... Just modify those 3 files with Ur MySQL id password which is working... And Ull be sent run server

7 minutes ago, Cyro said:

Yeah that how it works... Just modify those 3 files with Ur MySQL id password which is working... And Ull be sent run server

So this files are empty inside conf/import:

inter_server.conf  /  log_conf.txt  /  login_conf.txt  /  packet_conf.txt  /  script_conf.txt

What should I put inside those files?

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1540

If your database details correct :

in putty, type 'ps -u root' and enter
(if you are using root user)
it will show u the list of processes, make sure there is no multiple char-server , map-server, or login-server processes that ongoing.

IF there are multiple processes for any of that process listed above  ...

REBOOT your VPS

might be because of you start server many times or have some processes that 'stuck/hang'

solution :
login vps , type 'reboot' and enter.
vps will be restarted. Wait for a minute and login again , and start your server.

8 minutes ago, Chaos92 said:

If your database details correct :

in putty, type 'ps -u root' and enter
(if you are using root user)
it will show u the list of processes, make sure there is no multiple char-server , map-server, or login-server processes that ongoing.

IF there are multiple processes for any of that process listed above  ...

REBOOT your VPS

might be because of you start server many times or have some processes that 'stuck/hang'

solution :
login vps , type 'reboot' and enter.
vps will be restarted. Wait for a minute and login again , and start your server.

Nope none of those in my process list.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  197

are both the server and you client on the same machine? cause i noticed that when i was running a test server from my own pc and i would try to log into it from the same pc i would get the same error. the way i am able to fix it is by changing the sclientinfo ip to 127.0.0.1. then i had no issue connecting to my test server on the same PC. 

Just now, mirabell said:

are both the server and you client on the same machine? cause i noticed that when i was running a test server from my own pc and i would try to log into it from the same pc i would get the same error. the way i am able to fix it is by changing the sclientinfo ip to 127.0.0.1. then i had no issue connecting to my test server on the same PC. 

Hi @mirabell as I mentioned above, I have a hosting with ragnahosting. Also the issue is not the clientinfo... Its the Login Server itself if you wanna take a look at the image in the first post. Thanks!

i only mention it cause the login server would normally show the ip of a person logging in. The fact that it shows 127.0.0.1 as a attempt to log in shows that an attempt to login was from local host or locally and not external

2 minutes ago, mirabell said:

i only mention it cause the login server would normally show the ip of a person logging in. The fact that it shows 127.0.0.1 as a attempt to log in shows that an attempt to login was from local host or locally and not external

Yup that is correct, the server is loaded on a VPS.

from the error it seem that map server is refusing connection to your char server. I also came across this on my Dedicated server. the way i remedy this was to put mapserver.exe,charserver.exe,loginserver.exe in the firewall exceptions. and i also notice that if i updated and the compile was different i had to delete the old entry and re-add it to the firewall in some occasions