Hackers?

BigBurrito

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  114

So, I asked this question before where I wanted to be able to cast skill while autoattacking, and one of the supporters told me that it is possible through some tools (hacks), making the server side thinking the "tool" is the client. If there are such tool, can there be a "tool" where it tells the server side what to do?... This is my first server, and i don't know much about hacking since I was never much into it (takes the fun out of the game).. but I'm worried that someone might use something like a "tool" to increase, I dont know, Damage, or Perhaps the Droping rates, which i dont see posible, since server side and client side are two separate things, unless I'm wrong please can someone tell me if that is possible? If so, how can i prevent that?. The reason i'm concern is that, there is a player in my server, that with the drop rate of mvp cards at 0.75% drop a thanatos card and a gloom undernight under 24 Hours, now, that might be pure luck which i want to believe. but what I'm concern is that he dropped both card at almost at the same time "3:21 AM", and then excatly 23 hours with 57 minutes later he dropped the second card. which is two minutes of difference, and I'm really concern since at that time not much people are online. I'm concerned that he might be using a third party program... Thank you for reading and responding if so..

7 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1443

As far as I know you cannot increase Drop rates. But I'm not an expert on this.

• Upvote 1

He just dropped Valk Armor at 0.81%, and Baphomet card at 0.75%, well baphomet because i have mvp room, but the valk armor... it seems hard to believe, that in 3 days straight, he drops 3 super items... I dont see a hack possible of cheating the server side without me noticing in the map screen anyway.. Well, any other bugs or hack i should be aware of? any information is helpful regardless of this, any other different hack for different things?..

• Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789

any proof he showed to you that he hack the drop rates? sometimes players are provoking GM/Admin with this kind stuff so it will result that the GM will be slaved and given them their desired stuffs

I will have to keep an eye on him... 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249

I'm really concern since at that time not much people are online

/hmm

If there are such tool, can there be a "tool" where it tells the server side what to do?

Usually no. The Client cannot make the server side behaving like it wants to.

In very special cases there may are bugs serverside which can be used as exploits. Like zeny bugs (i.e. sellings arrows for more than buying the quiver) or item dupes.

I'd recommend you to check the picklogs where the items have been dropped. If they dropped by a monster it should be ok as far as the player does not have root access.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192

Also check his inventory for illegal possession of drop rate increasing items.

Thank you all guys!!! Really helpful all the comments!