Custom Item in-game sprite not showing up

xzayax

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

Hello.

I'm trying to add Green Gemstones to the game, and have had nothing but success right up until getting the actual sprite to show up in-game.

I've attached a few pictures below to cover the most obvious things. I've also copied the name of another sprite and used it as a placeholder for the ID of my Green Gemstone, and it shows up fine (As another item in-game, such as a blue gemstone)... Just can't get the Green Gemstone sprite to show up.. >.>

Any and all help/advice/input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much!

post-26201-0-75305100-1413592021_thumb.png

post-26201-0-84837800-1413592022_thumb.png

post-26201-0-23811500-1413592024_thumb.png

9 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3

hi can i ask u ? http://rathena.org/board/topic/84746-tutorial-how-to-create-ragnarok-offline-2013-client-tutorial/page-33 ... this is for online or offline only ? do u know how to make my own server or where can i find the TUT for make my own ragnarok online private server ? plsss reply

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  806

Hello.

I'm trying to add Green Gemstones to the game, and have had nothing but success right up until getting the actual sprite to show up in-game.

I've attached a few pictures below to cover the most obvious things. I've also copied the name of another sprite and used it as a placeholder for the ID of my Green Gemstone, and it shows up fine (As another item in-game, such as a blue gemstone)... Just can't get the Green Gemstone sprite to show up.. >.>

which client date r u using. you would need to update iteminfo lua file for newer clients instead.

newer means late 2012 onwards.

Hello.

which client date r u using. you would need to update iteminfo lua file for newer clients instead.

newer means late 2012 onwards.

I'm using December of 2011's hahaha. Do you think that's close enough to require lua file editing? I had poked my nose in a few of the Lua fiels; but wasn't able to decipher on my own whether or not I needed to modify them.

Edited by xzayax

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1479

I used 2011-03-15 with bunch of custom items, sprites and it works fine.

I didn't modify lua for customs, except datainfo/accname.lu* and datainfo/accessoryid.lu*.

the others are using num2itemname those txt,,

• Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  403

If you're using a 2012-04-10 client or below, a missing inventory image is usually one of these problems:

- The item does not have an assigned sprite in the resnametable.txt. (You can basically disregard this, as you already provided a screenshot of your item entry in there).

- The item does not have a data/texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º/item image. Judging by your post I think this is your problem, as the collection image isn't present either.

Hopefully this helps. ;)

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  662

This issue is weird...

The images are in the right folder, but they don't seem to be read by the client. Check the format of the images, they must be in either Bgr24 or Indexed8 (256 colors, palette). You can try renaming an image that you know works ingame to "green_gemstone" and see if it changes anything. Judging from the file sizes though, they appear to be correct. You could also try to read the images from the data folder instead of a GRF (could be a character casing issue).

Thanks everyone for all of your excellent advice and help! I will plug away with these solutions and see if anything works!

If I figure it out, I'll post what the issue was and how I solved it for the benefit of the forum!

P.S., Tokei, I think you're right, as I can change the entry for my Green Gemstone within resnametable to the sprite name for Blue Gemstones, and I can right click my Green Gemstomes in game to see a Blue Gemstone graphic.

I used Photoshop, opened up the images for Blue Gemstones and simply adjusted the levels to make it Green. The Sprite looks great but I'm guessing I did save it as an invalid file type. Anyone have suggestions here, or possibly a could piece of software I could use to make my Green Gemstone. I'm really not that into Spriting and am much more into coding, so if anyone knows where I can just find a Green Gemstone sprite or if someone wants to make it for me, there would be even more appreciations to be shared! xP

P.P.S.,

If you're using a 2012-04-10 client or below, a missing inventory image is usually one of these problems:

- The item does not have an assigned sprite in the resnametable.txt. (You can basically disregard this, as you already provided a screenshot of your item entry in there).

- The item does not have a data/texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º/item image. Judging by your post I think this is your problem, as the collection image isn't present either.

Hopefully this helps.  ;)

I think you may have missed something in the first image. The Collection image is there as well as 'data/texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º/item/green_gemstone.bmp'.

Is that what happened? Or am I the one missing something, LOL

Edited by xzayax

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  662

You did the reverse of what I suggested ;x! Redirecting your sprite to ºí·çÁª½ºÅæ (blue gemstone) will work, but it doesn't help finding out where the problem really is xD. To confirm the images are the issue, you have to rename a known image, such as ºí·çÁª½ºÅæ.bmp to green_gemstone.bmp. If the image shows up ingame, then it means your own green_gemstone.bmp was indeed incorrect.

But yeah, anyway! You said you edited the original files, so the image in the item folder should be ~1.6 KB, not 1008 bytes. When you save it in photoshop, select "BMP > File Format : Windows, Depth : 8 Bit, uncheck both options at the bottom", the width and height should also be 22 pixels by 22 pixels. See if you can get that image working ingame now (the image in the item folder is the one showing up in your inventory).

I'm not that convinced it's your issue though, but it's worth checking anyway ;]

You did the reverse of what I suggested ;x! Redirecting your sprite to ºí·çÁª½ºÅæ (blue gemstone) will work, but it doesn't help finding out where the problem really is xD. To confirm the images are the issue, you have to rename a known image, such as ºí·çÁª½ºÅæ.bmp to green_gemstone.bmp. If the image shows up ingame, then it means your own green_gemstone.bmp was indeed incorrect.

But yeah, anyway! You said you edited the original files, so the image in the item folder should be ~1.6 KB, not 1008 bytes. When you save it in photoshop, select "BMP > File Format : Windows, Depth : 8 Bit, uncheck both options at the bottom", the width and height should also be 22 pixels by 22 pixels. See if you can get that image working ingame now (the image in the item folder is the one showing up in your inventory).

I'm not that convinced it's your issue though, but it's worth checking anyway ;]

Hey, sorry for the ultra-late reply! I've been, you could say, AFK? lol.

I had actually tried that. I have changed the Blue Gemstones sprite to 'green_gemstone.bmp' and it shows up with the same problem =/