questid2display.txt

TrueNoir

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109

Has anyone been able to figure out in the 2012-04-10aRagexeRE.exe client if the questid2display.txt was either renamed or changed the folder its located? cause for some reason it doesnt load custom entries it gives them a default like unknown null instead of showing there information even though everything is correctly in its location. Also the new quest log doesn't seem to show them either window wise its only when you click show quests that it pops up they arent showing in the active window at all.

14 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1654

I was thinking the same like you TrueNoir, maybe it's misplaced somehow, but I'm not 100% sure either

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  10015

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  326

I had to delete entries to get new ones to work, and use a vastly huge number (100XXX). I deleted almost half the quests in the file and on the serverside.

I had to delete entries to get new ones to work, and use a vastly huge number (100XXX). I deleted almost half the quests in the file and on the serverside.

That must be it seems like all custom quests no longer will read my guess is kro seems to have placed a limit on how many quests can be in the quest log cause all the official ones seem to be working properly i wonder if this is true of clients over 2012-04-10aRagexeRE.exe cause that would royally suck. And yeah Emistry everything is properly converted i never use LUA's for a client. I also tried using the quest lub system to add more files in and the game client didn't like me modifying the quest_function.lub any modification made to add more quests in that way makes the client go herp derp so that leads me to believe that it's probly hardcoded as well or limited like the new quest's.

Yea, something strange is going on with those quest based lua files... if I edit any of them nothing shows up. They hard coded something into the client to make it function that way and I have no idea what that was.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  318

if you add new Quest too your questid....txt they will displayed unter ACT in the Quest window

like this

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3075/dfcrxgg4_jpg.htm

Edited by ossi0110

if you add new Quest too your questid....txt they will displayed unter ACT in the Quest window

like this

http://s1.directuplo...fcrxgg4_jpg.htm

Normally thats true pre 2012-04-10aRagexeRE client wise but like was said above if you try adding more and they go over a certain number the client automaticly replaces them with an unknown quest in the window and they will not appear within the ACT log whether this changed after said client or not i'm not sure because this is the newest client i've tested with. But for purposes i'll give an example:

As you can see below the very first novice quest of the official quests appears properly in the log with the correct listing

post-314-0-80791700-1353107736_thumb.jpg

But if a custom quest gets added 80468 (high enough ID so that it doesnt conflict with the official quests)

post-314-0-46249400-1353107809_thumb.jpg

You can see it appears to the right as something in korean with (null) which most likely translates to unknown quest or something to that effect but the client correctly has the entry added:

80468#Helping Hailer Girl#SG_FEEL#QUE_NOIMAGE#
The Girl in Hailer has asked you to go to market using one of the market signs in a city.#
Go to market and find the mailbox at 100 121 and use the password pizza.#

This is why i said the client must be hardcoded with limits on how many max quests can be in the quest log and it probly wont go over a certain set number.

i cant reproduce this True

i added around 20 custom quest and im using ids till 90000

and got no errors

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3077/4hprb32c_jpg.htm

i cant reproduce this True

i added around 20 custom quest and im using ids till 90000

and got no errors

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3077/4hprb32c_jpg.htm

What client are you using? Because I am able to reproduce this issue with 06-18.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  461

Sry for the stupid question, but have you add your custom Quest in the quest_db.txt at rAthena?

Sry for the stupid question, but have you add your custom Quest in the quest_db.txt at rAthena?

80468,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,"Helping Hailer Girl"

yeap its added correctly within the database as well

@ossi0110

which client are you using because nearly everything out of msgstringtable is hardcoded in the 2012-04-10aRagexeRE.exe client so if one of the newer ones is less hardcoded or one of the slightly earlier versions didn't have this issue i'm interested.

2012-04-10aRagexeRE.exe im Using

@TrueNoir

Can u send me your questiddisplay.tx from your client and your quest.db from your server ? i think i found the problem , but have too test arround a bit too be sure this is the error.

i need a few questid2display tables and quest_dbs ^^

@ossi0110

which client are you using because nearly everything out of msgstringtable is hardcoded in the 2012-04-10aRagexeRE.exe client so if one of the newer ones is less hardcoded or one of the slightly earlier versions didn't have this issue i'm interested.

I would suggest moving to a new client, this solvec most of those hard coded string issues for me.

@ossi0110

I would suggest moving to a new client, this solvec most of those hard coded string issues for me.

the most hardcoded msgs are the Navi Menü , and this is all Translated at this time . I cant find more Korrean msg ingame and im using the 2012-04-10 exe too. For me this is the Best EXE atm.