So I'm playing around with the 2012-05-09a client. I've pulled;

1. I've pulled the packet_db from the assembla SVN
  2. Changed the mmo.h to reflect the new client version
  3. Changed the clif.h to handle the new packet quantity
  4. Recompiled the server
  5. Updated the clientinfo.xml
  6. Rebuilt the data.grf
  7. Finally diffed as I normally do.

However I've started running into a "**** Tried to call a nill value." This happens 6-10 times when logging in, and 4 times after every attack. So I did a bit of poking around and the most common referance is to the LUA files being out of date. While stubling around on the assembla SVN there's LUA file. It has no versions? So I went and looked at the LUB files. These are versioned! Again, another small stumble, there are no LUB files in the data.grf or a particular folder for them "At least in my grf." Also the latest one is close, but not the May 9th version.

I've also seen references to a directory in the data.grf as data/luafiles514/lua files. That does not exist... I do however have a 'lua files' directly in the grf. Is this required at all? I started this project following Sharpienero's video here: //http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtDRZki3Hpo and related links in the video, thus was using a slightly older client. Was this folder created more recently?

If not yet confused, there is also a translation project with more lua files.

Assembla site I've been pulling from is the http://svn6.assembla.../svn/ClientSide

If someone is aware of another SVN that the community is using for this I'd love any direction you have. While I'm at it I'd love to hear the differences between a LUA and LUB file, and why one is more prefered over another. If there is any other information I could provide for anyone attempting to assist I'd love to provide it!

Edited by Krevex

6 answers to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1479

"**** Tried to call a nill value."

aaaand it's a LUA files error..

difference between LUA and LUB:

Lua is un-encrypted (source file)

Lub is encrypted (compiled version of lua files)

Otherwise, you don't really have to compile these files (not like mmo.h, it's fragile. must be compiled when changed). I use LUA and everything runs smoothly. (maybe I will change to lub later)

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  17

Don't suppose you know another repository hosting the LUA files do you? As mentioned I've been using the http://svn6.assembla.com/svn/ClientSide , but its latest version was at 12-4-18, those were all LUB files. Ive seen other people using even more updated clients than the May 9th that I'm trying to use now. Happen to have any pointers?

Thanks for your time!

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1942

the lua files from http://svn6.assembla.../svn/ClientSide is can support up to 2012-06-18aRagexeRE, and also after 2011-11-22aRagexeRE they are not using anymore this directory data/lua files. the latest client uses only lua/lubs from data/luafiles514/lua files.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'll give this a run in a bit and see what turns out.

Well using the new format with data/luafiles514/lua files

Im now getting an error message about a shadowtable.lua that does not exist as well as the old Nill value issues as earlier. I saw a post back in July about the shadowtable.lua. Was that ever updated?

Again this is using the 2012-05-09a client. Seems the LUA issue is the last one, for now, that im having issues with. Anyone else have some new light to shed?

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1942

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'll give this a run in a bit and see what turns out.

Well using the new format with data/luafiles514/lua files

Im now getting an error message about a shadowtable.lua that does not exist as well as the old Nill value issues as earlier. I saw a post back in July about the shadowtable.lua. Was that ever updated?

Again this is using the 2012-05-09a client. Seems the LUA issue is the last one, for now, that im having issues with. Anyone else have some new light to shed?

here

shadowtable.rar

• Upvote 1

Thanks, that cleared that issue up.

Durring login and when attacking nil values for:

ReqWeaponNameByClassNum

GetRealWeaponID

Still show up. These are the assembla LUA_Project files, nothing added or modified in these. Of course relocated from the data/lua files to data/luafiles514/lua files

So evidently there was an issue with the 2012-05-09a client. I grabbed the 2012-06-18aRagexeRE client Brynner mentioned as being the latest one the LUA files supported and made the standard packet changes for the new info and violla. No more errors on login.

Thanks for the assistance!