Ragnarok Server Overpopulation

Rayan

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188

hi guys,

i m comming to the point , and yea sorry for grammer mistakes :-

See i m in staff sector of ragnarok since around 2 yrs and i have seen that in past 2 yrs hell outta servers are made and almost new server each day....well we don't have that much players too...

players are leaving ro not coz they lost intrest but coz the server they join dies in almost 2-3 months....i just want rathena and eathena if they are reading me please in collabration with RMS make a contract with new Servers that only those servers can post/review/advertise on the websites who can live for more than 6-12 months or what ever u guys decide...

For now the quality of servers are decreasing and i don't thing after sometime we would have the players too...

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE SERIOISNESS OF THIS ISSUE!!

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  715

A big Lol!! this make no sence at all dude .you mean rAthena and eAthena should control this new servers ? come on

i just want rathena and eathena if they are reading me please in collabration with RMS make a contract with new Servers that only those servers can post/review/advertise on the websites who can live for more than 6-12 months or what ever u guys decide...

Favoritism ? dude your destroying a players dream to make his/her own server .and there are many reason why this servers that closed after 2-3 months .

Edited by Lelouch

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  188

A big Lol!! this make no sence at all dude .you mean rAthena and eAthena should control this new servers ? come on

i just want rathena and eathena if they are reading me please in collabration with RMS make a contract with new Servers that only those servers can post/review/advertise on the websites who can live for more than 6-12 months or what ever u guys decide...

Favoritism ? dude your destroying a players dream to make his/her own server .and there are many reason why this servers that closed after 2-3 months .

well bro , i m NOT destroying something called dream of making a server...

i m just saying that the community should filter the servers ....i mean if u are ready to host a server for more that 6 months u can make it and no one will object and about what u called reasons wel i know about 90% of the reasons but the main reason is population of players at ur server well if almost 50-60% population makes there own server which opens and closes now and then what kind of intrest will develope in gaming?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  566

There is nothing Rathena/Eathena or Rms can do about that o.o...

It's up to the server owner to be creative. The problem is Ragnarok is a really old game and the people that play have already settled in the servers they play on. So if you are making a brand new server, make it unique.

Alot of the servers I have seen out there are not so creative. They just download a bunch of scripts or wtvr and opens a server. There is only a few unique servers out there.

Yeah you do sort of have a point, alot of people are making or trying to make servers. But there is nothing anyone can do about it :/

Edited by Adel
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39

well some of us (server owner) has a financial problem.. paying hosting fee's and etc that why after 2-3 month the server closed because lack of money xD .. like what i Adel said.. they must be creative about developing thier own server.. let them try =)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  459

Im totally newbie here.. But im agree.. I also see so many server each day and many server dead in few months.. But its really true that the server must be unique to keep survival.. But the most player ever hate is over power donation items.. I play 1 private server that quite nice that time..They have some custom quest to get custom EQ.. I play it about 1 month or so.. (Usually i quit few weeks only) Its really have big community too.. But each time people donate, the donator will get powerful EQ.. Can you imagine? Example : Lvl 255 player killed by lvl 100++ player? Its not nice.. My advise for new server owner is to try make new unique server out there.. AND TRY NOT TO MAKE DONATOR OVERWHELM NON-DONATOR.. Try to make balance game..

ps : This is my opinion only..

Edited by rakuzas

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  399

I spat my gum out so hard laughing at this thread it stuck to the wall.

What. The. Fuck.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  56

I've been in the RO server community for nearly 8 years now... and yes, within the past few years there have been hundreds of thousands of Ragnarok servers made. However, one fact remains true. The ones that have stayed online for nearly 4~6 years now, are the ones ran by people who A) Know wtf they're doing, and B ) Actually help contribute back to the development of the emulation software.

People do have the right to run their own servers, hell a few years ago people would use eAthena to create testing grounds for testing RWC builds before the tournament came. These servers tend to die out really fast, it shouldn't make anyone nervous.

Most servers are created with the following ideas in mind:

1. Make Money
  2. Want to be in control.
  3. Want to make something "unique" and "different" to beat everyone else.

The servers made with those goals in mind never survive.

So, in short. Stop worrying about all the other servers out there and worry about your own. This is a free, open source software that anyone is allowed to use. It's what you do with it and how you contribute back to it that shows how much you care.

• Upvote 8

• Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  439

+1 Kisuka

+ jTynne

Edited by RN1986

• Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  459

I've been in the RO server community for nearly 8 years now... and yes, within the past few years there have been hundreds of thousands of Ragnarok servers made. However, one fact remains true. The ones that have stayed online for nearly 4~6 years now, are the ones ran by people who A) Know wtf they're doing, and B ) Actually help contribute back to the development of the emulation software.

People do have the right to run their own servers, hell a few years ago people would use eAthena to create testing grounds for testing RWC builds before the tournament came. These servers tend to die out really fast, it shouldn't make anyone nervous.

Most servers are created with the following ideas in mind:

1. Make Money
  2. Want to be in control.
  3. Want to make something "unique" and "different" to beat everyone else.

The servers made with those goals in mind never survive.

So, in short. Stop worrying about all the other servers out there and worry about your own. This is a free, open source software that anyone is allowed to use. It's what you do with it and how you contribute back to it that shows how much you care.

i like your statement.. XD Its all true.. I came back from hibernating from 2007.. So many difference from that year and this year.. So many update and change.. I barely setup my test server.. But thanks for all that who keep answering my question.. Honestly.. This time quite complicated so setup than 2007.. Hahahaha.. I know its sound funny.. I took almost 4 days just to setup rathena server with cp & patcher.. Ahhh.. I need to learn from scratch again.. Please guide me.. XD

/kis

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57

So you're suggesting something similar to a centrally planned economy in an open-source community? Yeah, right...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  147

not sure if troll or just plain stupasdgagsfid

your server will survive if you have the ff.:

1. creative, unique and dedicated server.

2. not a really greedy server.

3. friendly staff and if ur lucky to have a friendly players, then ur all good.

4. letting the players become strong and not just you, or the gms, or the donors and equal rights.