geoip conf

Lighta

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  737

So here a basic suggestion,

back on r16025 I[nd] inserted [Dekamaster/Nightroad] the @accinfo with geoip thing.

may we had a #ifdef GEOIP or something similar to choose wheter to activate this or not ?

I have no doubt it may be a great tool but I'm not interested and it's harder to see what's needed for this mod or not wihout.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  713

Indeed, they should add a #ifdef

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  134

It'd be better if it was specified in groups permission, because there may be people which don't want part of staff to see such privates things.

Edited by MarkZD

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

It'd be better if it was specified in groups permission, because there may be people which don't want part of staff too see such privates things.

you mean this ??

to Disable

accinfo: false

to Enable

accinfo: true

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  134

The other information are provided by the user and are account pertinent information.

GeoIP is a personal information, with no relation to account in true, it's a private thing as your home address, and has almost or no use to the major staff.

What I said is just an incrementation to set who can see IP/GeoIP.

bump! add a poll please :D

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

I rather not. As what emistry said, just disabled it like that. There's no point adding more information/kb into the source files just to disable something so simple and a good tool to use.

SO, if you do dislike.. don't know why you would.. just disable it his way.

the POINT here is to have less code compiled by adding some #ifdef and not disabling it for some groupid... btw, want to know why I want it disabled? since my server is just for one country, why the f*ck would I need to know from where is player1 or player9999?

remember that the topic is about GEOIP

the POINT here is to have less code compiled by adding some #ifdef and not disabling it for some groupid... btw, want to know why I want it disabled? since my server is just for one country, why the f*ck would I need to know from where is player1 or player9999?

remember that the topic is about GEOIP

How are you saving less code if you're adding more to the code in the first place? It doesn't make sense. if you want your GMs not even use the damn command, disable it. Okay.. since your server is just for one country.. then I see why you don't need it. But, you're not saving more "Code" if you're going to add #indef to the source code. By adding the #indef in, you're using more lines in the source. Also, half the stuff in your settings, the /battle folder, I bet you have things stated under the "No" or "0" statements. Guess what? The code is still inside the sources but it isn't being read.

Now, for GEO, just disable the command and you're fine. Plus, don't get all stingy and upset when I PUT MY OWN OPINION INTO THE TOPIC. If you don't like it, don't get rude and start cussing because of my opinion. Learn to be respectful of other people's opinions. You've added yours and so did others, so I've decided to add mine.

• Upvote 1

u seems a bit upset, no? xd

the point I made is that we are talking about the geoip thing, not about the @accinfo like you and emistry talked about, you guys know that even with it disabled, the server still load geoip.dat... and I'll not argue about the #ifdef thing that you said because you don't seem to know what you are talking about, no offense.

peace guys /gawi /gawi /gawi

• Upvote 1

Since you're so uptight about removal or disabling Geo, do it yourself: http://trac.rathena....t/16025/rathena by reverting what has been changed or simply, remove the loading of the geo.

And besides, I wasn't the one angry.. as you clearly seem to be interpreting:

Edited by Mysterious

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  737

Mysterious #ifdef may add some code but it's faster on rumming time then checking for battle.conf each time so that why I wanted that way.

You probably know but just a quick note for those who don't and explain my point, #ifdef is preprocessor configuration wich mean you're binary won't run this code (like it's not even exist) wheareas a battle.config cheking everytime to do it or not.

So if you sure you wont use it there no point to have those check, the good point about them is that you can just enable or disable it without recompiling. (so no reboot).

Now talking about you can take it out yourself or not is not that much relevant, I could and did with no worry but thinking this way is just ok I don't do suggestion anymore since I can do it my own... I just tough since we were aguing to not add thing not official to treat this like a proper module as it should be.

Or in comparaison why don't we add irc mod too with just a battle config ? it's exactly the same for me...

You could also take other exemple like :

"OFFICIAL_WALKPATH" why not setting it as battle.conf so we can change it on flow etc..

I just think they choose to add some prepocessor configuration to optimise it.