Game Process priority changed to low its own.

Baneado

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54

I don't really know if is my PC problem or not, but i saw few people with this issue around.

When i start playing any server, most likely new ones, the frames per second go fine.. but then i teleport or i start killing, and the game go very very slow, like a very old PC running RO with 64m of ram lol..

And then i checked the Game Process.. and it was in Low Priority.. and when i change it to normal or any other setting, it change again and again to low... weird.

I have some normal 2gb of ram || Dual Core.. is not really a system requirement issue, i always played RO without problem.

I also tried to fully reinstall RO, but no results.

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  311

Type /skip maybe thats your problem ?

No results, the process is still changing to low, and i get low game performance in general..

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2244

actually setting it high can cause lag and bad performance for the game, setting it to low can make gameplay more smoother, for example setting the client in realtime it will devote all processes to the client but, it will cause your computer to "slow" down as well. So it reverts to low

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  419

And then i checked the Game Process.. and it was in Low Priority.. and when i change it to normal or any other setting, it change again and again to low... weird.

The RO client changes it's priority class depending on whether it is active (normal priority) or not (idle priority). So when you switch back to the client from the application used to set the priority class (taskmgr/procexp), the priority class is not kept.

• Upvote 1

But i really can't play in "low" priority, is not going smoother or else, :/ so no way to keep it in normal priority at least, or maybe someting is going wrong with my pc..?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  109

have you made sure that its not a problem with hardware acceleration or video card problem. the other possiblity is if you have a virus. or if the server your playing on uses molebox encryption the game client will take over 500mb's of ram because nothing gets decrypted in molebox so then you would need more ram.