[Requesting] Quest System

Snurayroth

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24

Hello,

I cant use the Official Questlog because im using an old eathena svn and an old ragnarok client, thats why i want to request a Quest log.

If i got this Quest Log i will let the player execute it via an custom command.

The player should can obtain quest from npcs on the whole server.

The Quest Log should look like this:

mes "Hello, blahblah";
menu "Active/Ongoing/Current Quests",L_Quests,"Available Quests",L_avQuests,"Close",L_Close;

L_Quests:
//here i want an menu that shows all active/ongiong/current quests and when you select on of this active quests u will see what you need to do (collect/kill whatever)
close;

L_avQuests:
//here i want an menu which shows quests(names) that are actually available for this character and when u select one of this quests it should show you where / from which npc u can gain this quest
close;

L_Close:
mes "byeBye";
close;
}

I don't know how to realize that (maybe SQL ? i dont know anything about SQL^^) so im requesting it.

regards,

Snurayroth

Edited by Snurayroth

13 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  341

Update your revision?

Update your revision?

I don't want to update it, i have tons of reasons why i don't do that, thats why i request this Quest log.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  392

i have tons of reasons why i don't do that

Name a few. It might be easier to adopt than to reinvent the wheel.

i have tons of reasons why i don't do that

Name a few. It might be easier to adopt than to reinvent the wheel.

That are my own reasons :) ...

Im working now on my SVN about 1 year and i already did tons of big changes, it is already really custom same for my client, it is already custom too.

In this case it isn't easier to adopt ^^

My SVN is working fine and didn't made any problems yet and i really don't want to change it.

Another reason is that i don't like renewal, i will never use it.

And sorry but i don't want to discuss about Updating my revision, i will never do it.

So, i request this Quest Log .. /?

regards,

Snurayroth

Well, if you've made so many changes to both server and client, you must be quite an experienced developer. Why would you request such a simple script?

• Upvote 1

Well, if you've made so many changes to both server and client, you must be quite an experienced developer. Why would you request such a simple script?

U don't give up, eh.. ?! xD

Well, most of the time when im changing something on my server for example in the source, then i only try to do it by looking on the src code, think about it and change to what i want to have it and try it if it works, if its not working im trying it again and again and again if i don't get it then im asking in support boards like this one.

I don't have knowlege about C i only try to do things like i described above.

My scripting knowlege is only limited.

My english isn't the best.

And i don't have any knowlege about SQL.

That's why i requested it, i don't know how to do that

Progress on quests is save in character variables, like sign_q, or kh_quest

You need to go through script files manually, make a list of variables and possible values (0 is "not started", 1~X-1 is "in progress", >X is "finished" usually, where X changes from quest to quest, as they have different number of steps).

Then just check for the variables in script and print a appropriate message.

You're doing it hard way, so I wouldn't expect anybody to write the whole script for you. You got the lineout, and the rest of this absolutely tedious and redundant work is your task :)

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

just find an updated SVN ...without renewal...i guess you can try eA SVN..since eA not much is updated

about the changes that you have done with your server..i think you can extract it out in the form of diff patch..

and then apply the patch in your newly downloaded svn...

anyway...

base on your topic..

are you looking for an item that when users click the item it will show the message ?

you can try make use of the

donpcevent "npcname::Label";

anyway...

base on your topic..

are you looking for an item that when users click the item it will show the message ?

No, i already wrote an custom command which will execute the script by using it.

well...now i only able to think of this way....

list all your quest stuff in that npc script..

and show to player when player use the command..

what else do it need ? huh ? just simply list all the quest inside..

and check for the Quest Variable for done , ongoing , unfinish , available quests...

like Gepard said..it is hard way ...but..nvm since you decide using this way..

it would be a godkilling long script then.....

Progress on quests is save in character variables, like sign_q, or kh_quest

You need to go through script files manually, make a list of variables and possible values (0 is "not started", 1~X-1 is "in progress", >X is "finished" usually, where X changes from quest to quest, as they have different number of steps).

Then just check for the variables in script and print a appropriate message.

You're doing it hard way, so I wouldn't expect anybody to write the whole script for you. You got the lineout, and the rest of this absolutely tedious and redundant work is your task :)

Ok now i got it. I will try to do that oo

But wouldn't it be a huge, huge script?! ..mhpf.. i will let me suprise.. xD

Ill try it.

But if anyone still want to do that for me... i would be happy xD

regards,

Snurayroth

Ohh... i found something on the eAthena board in the german section in an downloadable script archive.

I think it is that what i searched.

It show finished and ongoing quests

i uploaded it here that u can view it:

http://pastebin.com/PX3yJsEL

i think the creator of this script isn't active anymore.

but i got some questions about it i know how to add this script and how to create the SQL tables but how do i add the quests there ? o_o

how do i add the quests there ? o_o

maybe you need to edit the table content 1 by 1 ?

because the SQL Table....loaded alot lines... O.O

//CREATE TABLE `questchars` (`char` int( 10 ) NOT NULL ,`registered` int( 1 ) NOT NULL,`quid1` int( 1 ) NOT NULL,`quid2` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid3` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid4` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid5` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid6` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid7` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid8` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid9` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid10` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid11` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid12` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid13` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid14` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid15` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid16` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid17` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid18` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid19` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid20` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid21` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid22` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid23` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid24` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid25` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid26` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid27` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid28` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid29` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid30` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid31` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid32` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid33` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid34` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid35` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,
//`quid36` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid37` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid38` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid39` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid40` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid41` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid42` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid43` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid44` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid45` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid46` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid47` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid48` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid49` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid50` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid51` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid52` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid53` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid54` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid55` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid56` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid57` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid58` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid59` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid60` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid61` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid62` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid63` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid64` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid65` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid66` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid67` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid68` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid69` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid70` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid71` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid72` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,
//`quid73` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid74` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid75` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid76` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid77` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid78` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid79` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid80` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid81` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid82` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid83` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid84` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid85` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid86` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid87` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid88` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid89` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid90` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid91` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid92` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid93` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid94` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid95` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid96` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid97` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid98` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid99` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid100` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid101` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid102` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid103` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid104` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid105` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid106` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid107` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid108` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid109` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,
//`quid110` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid111` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid112` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid113` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid114` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid115` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid116` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid117` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid118` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid119` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid120` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid121` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid122` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid123` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid124` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid125` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid126` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid127` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid128` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid129` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid130` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid131` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid132` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid133` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid134` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid135` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid136` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid137` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid138` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid139` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid140` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid141` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid142` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid143` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid144` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid145` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,
//`quid146` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid147` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid148` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid149` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid150` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid151` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid152` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid153` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid154` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid155` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid156` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid157` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid158` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid159` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid160` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid161` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,`quid162` int( 3 ) NOT NULL,PRIMARY KEY ( `char` ));

If wrong..then sorry..coz i cant understand the language..>.<

so i dunno what the sript content is about..

i just wonder maybe the uses of these line is for the quests....

Edited by Emistry

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

You're really better off updating to the latest eAthena or rAthena. I said eAthena because people are confused on how things work around rAthena.

Also you must have a real outstanding client if you don't use quest logs.. >>. It would of been easier for you to update your SVN if you kept track of your sources (modifications) you've put into the server so far.

Organization is key.

Edited by Mysterious