[RELEASE] Basic RAthena Client

CalciumKid

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206

seriously these palettes arent working for me >.> is there something special i need to diff into the client or something? because it makes no sense really

Explain your problem. Also I think you should double check those palettes I think they do have those extra 0s it's not on all of them.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  36

I simply just get sprite or I guess palette errors, so when I change to any palette greater then palette 3 it breaks on me. It seems as though hair palettes work but not the cloth (will just show up as a black or weird multicolored look)

I simply just get sprite or I guess palette errors, so when I change to any palette greater then palette 3 it breaks on me. It seems as though hair palettes work but not the cloth (will just show up as a black or weird multicolored look)

Have you tried using this from a fresh installation? Also I still believe you need to check the numbers, on my client they were only in the male folder and they were mostly from ¸Ó¸®23_³²_000.pal-¸Ó¸®37_³²_099.pal the first one with 3 0s should be ¸Ó¸®23_³²_0.pal

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  21

I dunno why but when I pack the data folder into GRF using grfbuilder and unpack it, it says the file is invalid.

Also, should the ones have 0 in the beginning? like 9 shoud have 09? Or just plain 9. Thanks.

Edited by m4stermind

No. The grfbuilder says it's not a valid grf file when I try to open it. Also, I do have a follow up question about naming the palettes.

Also, should the ones have 0 in the beginning? like 9 shoud have 09? Or just plain 9. Thanks.

I believe I know what your first problem is possibly. All of the folder names are originally in Korean, when extracted with a computer with the Korean Language pack the folder names stay intact. When extracted on one that does not have Korean Language support, it turns your folder names into this "¾ÆÀÌÅÛ" when normally it should be this "아이템". I think that is a possibility but I'm not sure.

To your second question it should be 9 not 09, and 000 should be 0.

well not one of mine have extra 0s and thats how i downloaded it straight from this thing so ... you said male folder? there are only two folders in the palette folder.. ¸Ó¸® and ¸ö

My bad I was thinking they were differentiated like the sprites are, those folders are one for hair palletes and the other for cloth xD.

Well I'mma have to try to reproduce your problem.

EDIT: Here is a fixed version of the palettes for everyone having problems with the palettes' filenames (all of the filenames are correct now): Fixed Palettes

Edited by Shinon Yoshida
  • Upvote 1

My bad I was thinking they were differentiated like the sprites are, those folders are one for hair palletes and the other for cloth xD.

I have a suspicion that the padding (leading 0s) is from the extracting of the file and how some softwares handle it. That is, however, a complete speculation.

EDIT: Here is a fixed version of the palettes for everyone having problems with the palettes' filenames (all of the filenames are correct now): Fixed Palettes

Thanks. It works fine now.

I have a suspicion that the padding (leading 0s) is from the extracting of the file and how some softwares handle it. That is, however, a complete speculation.

Thanks. It works fine now.

Awesome :)

Ill give this a go and see if this was actually the problem ( i didnt find any problems with the file names so)

EDIT: doesnt seem to work can still only go up to palette number 3 on cloth, this problem is starting to bug me lol

Edited by master257

Have you made the server side changes in client.conf? Also what is your setup on folders? Are the client and data folder in the same folder? If you made it into a grf did you add it to data.ini? If you have it as a grf, did you remove the data files? (you shouldn't remove all of them, the *.eot files should stay),

• Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149

can we know what diffs are hexed in the 2011-03-15aRagexeRE.exe?

can we know what diffs are hexed in the 2011-03-15aRagexeRE.exe?

You need to read the posts more carefully, he already answered that. :)

• Upvote 1

Im not doing anything special, nor anything different besides my own game.exe ... and yes the palette number has been changed and etc... but like i said i cant even use palette 4 which is a BASE palette..

Hmmm, could possibly be a problem with data.grf or rdata.grf? I really can't think of any other reason as to why that would happen. Can you do anything past 4 at all?

hair and hair color i believe work alright I will have to double check :(

EDIT: turns out that trans 3 palettes seem to work.. but no other classes... this really makes no sense now lol

Edited by master257

Yeah I don't get it either. If I had a hands on look at it I could probably figure it out but other than that I'm out of ideas, sorry man :/

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562

I get "CHARACTER_INFO size error!! character num: 0 CHARACTER_INFO size: 136", don't know what to do now..

You may need to reinstall your kRO, I suggest using Miruku. Either that or redownload the client. It could possibly be a packet error as well.

Edited by Shinon Yoshida

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  20

i am trying to use this with 3CeAM rev. 660 but it won't work. I compiled to 2011-03-15 and i am stuck in char server. Just got the message "request connect" in char server and connection failure ingame. Anyone else tryed this client with 3CeAM 660?

i am trying to use this with 3CeAM rev. 660 but it won't work. I compiled to 2011-03-15 and i am stuck in char server. Just got the message "request connect" in char server and connection failure ingame. Anyone else tryed this client with 3CeAM 660?

If I am understanding you correctly, this kind of thing can be caused quite a few things. Do you have your ports set correct? If so are you behind a NAT router? If so, have you forwarded the ports? Also firewalls can block them too. I've also found that using dns for client's does not work very well. If you could give a couple more details like server output I might be able to help more.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  20

thanks alot for the reply. I believe i know why it's not working. The 3CeAM does not support 2011 clients. I tryed a 2010 one and it worked. Anyway i dont get a full working 2010 client with data folder. /hmm Alot of errors with missing or wrong lua etc.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  78

nice released, i use this as my test server /hmm