Froggo Rö Folder - Everything needed to run the LATEST publicly available client.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51

Hi again, can you add minimaps like ayothaya and amatsu dungeon ? There's a quick way to make minimaps with latest GRF Editor.

Edited by eleriaqueen
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4

Was having errors running my own 20220406 client, and this saved me. Thanks for this ! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  171

On 3/31/2024 at 12:33 AM, eleriaqueen said:

Hi again, can you add minimaps like ayothaya and amatsu dungeon ? There's a quick way to make minimaps with latest GRF Editor.

Added to the GRF, soon I'll commit it

On 4/1/2024 at 1:08 AM, Nethemir said:

Was having errors running my own 20220406 client, and this saved me. Thanks for this ! 

🐸🤟

• Like 1

image.png.7a12cad9685d8a5ea7dd315973ee4a12.png

273 minimaps will be added on next commit

• MVP 2

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  896

Awesome! I think I should use a few things from ur great stuff. It's not only more for newbies. Rly great! Thank u for ur work and for sharing this stuff for free!

Rynbef~

• Love 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  51

@Sapito Sucio I think patch "BodyPalMF" can cause issues. I had the game crash when switching to job High Thief and it would subsequently crash everytime I would get to character select screen.

I then made my own patched 2022-04-06 exe to confirm and tried with "BodyPalMF" -> it crashed. Then I disabled that patch -> it didn't crash any more.

Edited by eleriaqueen
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eleriaqueen said:

@Sapito Sucio I think patch "BodyPalMF" can cause issues. I had the game crash when switching to job High Thief and it would subsequently crash everytime I would get to character select screen.

I then made my own patched 2022-04-06 exe to confirm and tried with "BodyPalMF" -> it crashed. Then I disabled that patch -> it didn't crash any more.

Thanks for reporting, will test when I have time.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  72

can you make pre-renewal with 2022 client and latest trunk?  

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  32

Why is the repo empty?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, deniswalle96 said:

Why is the repo empty?

Because of how Gitlab and Git-LFS works, I can only update the `data.grf` once. For subsequent updates, it’s more efficient to delete the entire repository and re-upload the folder. If I don’t follow this process, any modification to data.grf, even as small as 2 bytes, would result in an upload of nearly 12GB

I'm currently uploading it 🐸

image.png.b75ffbbc4712247de4e50599c22c5ef3.png

Edited by Sapito Sucio
  • Like 1

After encountering issues with the current data.grf, I decided to start from scratch and overhaul the entire process. The result? A significantly reduced file size for the data.grf 🐸

Previously, the data.grf weighed in at around 2.45GB, but now it’s down to just 2.15GB. 

In addition to the file size reduction, I’ve added 275~ mini maps to maps that were lacking them. 

The entire folder, including BGM, now stands at 2.96GB. 

What was done to the poor data.grf?
Besides cleaning up unused sprites from npc and mob folders, now I converted all .BMP files to be 8bit, this doesn't affect quality on a game like RO, instead, it actually makes it easier for the client to handle those assets.
.JPG and .PNG were treated as well but with some differences.

Feel free to report any issue here 🐸

• MVP 2

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  27

Good! I'm having a problem, I've installed everything correctly, I'm using the latest version of Rathena, everything seemed to be working perfectly until I started playing and it turns out that it crashes me when it's time to be reborn... Given this, it doesn't even let me into the character selection as it crashes me.
I deleted the character from MySQL and I logged back in and it happened again, after deleting the character again I logged in with a GM account to be able to review

Then I use the @job command and just when I make use of the @job 4001 corresponding to the High Novice class, the game crashes me!
Do you have any idea what might happen and where to start reviewing? Because if I enter the game I can see in the selection of characters that if I ah loaded the sprite of High Novice and I get the information next to it with class, level etc... But the game gets stuck until I close the process

crash novice.png

5 hours ago, ZodiacoHCK said:

Good! I'm having a problem, I've installed everything correctly, I'm using the latest version of Rathena, everything seemed to be working perfectly until I started playing and it turns out that it crashes me when it's time to be reborn... Given this, it doesn't even let me into the character selection as it crashes me.
I deleted the character from MySQL and I logged back in and it happened again, after deleting the character again I logged in with a GM account to be able to review

Then I use the @job command and just when I make use of the @job 4001 corresponding to the High Novice class, the game crashes me!
Do you have any idea what might happen and where to start reviewing? Because if I enter the game I can see in the selection of characters that if I ah loaded the sprite of High Novice and I get the information next to it with class, level etc... But the game gets stuck until I close the process

crash novice.png

Are you using my Client? If you do, then you might want to remove the shared palette patch activated in WARP