I found info on old RO stuff

Humble_Bee

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  112

While surfing the web, I found this website that mentions some stuff that got dropped from RO during its development or later as it was running. I found it interesting. It also has a single picture of Zombie Dragon. Was not expecting Zombie Dragon to be a 3D boss. Link: Ragnarok Online - The Cutting Room Floor (tcrf.net)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  420

Really interesting ?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1268

Ahh yeah would be interesting if someone could dig up the files for it. Would work well if the 3d bones client mod.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139

nice.

i like how they drew their cards to be horror themed and thats how i like RO1 and the classic Diablo 1 & 2.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  23

I still have their Beta CD ?

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

Hi there! I am the creator of that ROTCRF page. Thank you so much for reading it through and finding it interesting!

I have an update about Zombie Dragon(excluding 3D bones, sadly. Needs more research) though the priority right now is to put graphical leftovers into the page. Next page update will contain Renewal items of Ru Blue & Ru Gold items, but my aim of the page is leaning towards demystifying and debunking classic to pre-renewal. In short, mostly pre episode 12 content.

On 7/16/2021 at 2:26 PM, reigneil said:

nice.

i like how they drew their cards to be horror themed and thats how i like RO1 and the classic Diablo 1 & 2.

Yup! There's also other versions of cards that were used during game release before they were chibified, notably the art by \oo/(you can tell which art was made by this artist as the details are extraordinary. I still get goosebumps by looking at some of them!) 

On 7/26/2021 at 12:14 AM, pandabro said:

I still have their Beta CD ?

May I please have a look at that Beta CD? It would help tremendously with researching RO. All Beta related things seems to have spoofed away entirely. I've searched and prodded but to no avail.

I apologize for the necro post. Thanks again for the support by reading/sharing the article, and naturally a major thanks to everyone that contributed to it. Have a nice day!

• 2 years later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  23

On 10/19/2021 at 6:47 AM, RoboKienna said:

Hi there! I am the creator of that ROTCRF page. Thank you so much for reading it through and finding it interesting!

I have an update about Zombie Dragon(excluding 3D bones, sadly. Needs more research) though the priority right now is to put graphical leftovers into the page. Next page update will contain Renewal items of Ru Blue & Ru Gold items, but my aim of the page is leaning towards demystifying and debunking classic to pre-renewal. In short, mostly pre episode 12 content.

Yup! There's also other versions of cards that were used during game release before they were chibified, notably the art by \oo/(you can tell which art was made by this artist as the details are extraordinary. I still get goosebumps by looking at some of them!) 

May I please have a look at that Beta CD? It would help tremendously with researching RO. All Beta related things seems to have spoofed away entirely. I've searched and prodded but to no avail.

I apologize for the necro post. Thanks again for the support by reading/sharing the article, and naturally a major thanks to everyone that contributed to it. Have a nice day!

I really sorry to see this just today. If it helps, I bought an USB CD reader and than took the files from there. Here is the BRO beta cd (I remember there was no 99 aura): https://www.mediafire.com/file/1garqrwz0qmfm1q/bro+beta.rar/file

• Like 1