endless_cellar_map_3_by_tioakima-db3s6w8

endless_cellar_map_2_by_tioakima-db3s6vv

endless_cellar_map_1_by_tioakima-db3s6pf

• Upvote 6

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  111

That's pretty rad. My only suggestion would be to replace the model with the mummy head/hands sticking out of the wall because it looks a bit out of place.

It'd be a lot of work to change now, but I have another suggestion for the future: When making custom textures for a very dark, spooky sort of area, it's a good idea to use a very dark blue (or violet, or red, or whatever you prefer) color instead of pure greyscale colors. I won't go into a big, long, boring art school explanation of why you shopuld do this, but I'll give a visual example:

b92bc280de3be9d1592f2bf94aba9ca5.png

The top row is a dark blue palette, with some variation in color saturation. At its darkest, it's still not pure black. The bottom row is the same palette, but in grayscale. It lacks any variation in color saturation, and comes off looking more bland.

Unless you're doing any graphic work that is purely, 100% black and white, you should retain some slight color to get the best looking results.

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  191

6 minutes ago, Sage said:

That's pretty rad. My only suggestion would be to replace the model with the mummy head/hands sticking out of the wall because it looks a bit out of place.

It'd be a lot of work to change now, but I have another suggestion for the future: When making custom textures for a very dark, spooky sort of area, it's a good idea to use a very dark blue (or violet, or red, or whatever you prefer) color instead of pure greyscale colors. I won't go into a big, long, boring art school explanation of why you shopuld do this, but I'll give a visual example:

b92bc280de3be9d1592f2bf94aba9ca5.png

The top row is a dark blue palette, with some variation in color saturation. At its darkest, it's still not pure black. The bottom row is the same palette, but in grayscale. It lacks any variation in color saturation, and comes off looking more bland.

Unless you're doing any graphic work that is purely, 100% black and white, you should retain some slight color to get the best looking results.

Thanks for the message, but I like the colors I used. And I'll leave it like this.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  403

Woah, this looks a lot like the EC map I made a while ago. Good job nevertheless.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:16 PM, Najara said:

Woah, this looks a lot like the EC map I made a while ago. Good job nevertheless.

I had the exact same feeling. Thought I was the only one lol