Skill sacrifice with fixed damage?

danielps

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  174

Hi i'm using rathena lastest vers. in pre-re mode...

Why skill sacrifice is with fixed damage? With weapon or not, with hidra card or not, the damage is all the same!!
Why??

thanks!

8 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  806

Nope, you are wrong. I have a Royal Guard with 19474 MaxHP and with Matyr's Reckoning active I always deal 1752 damage. Bare-handed, with spear and with racial damage bonus cards. Always 1752 damage. It isn't affected by weapons or cards on official servers.

The damage depends on your MaxHP, so the way to increase damage is to have more MaxHP.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Playtester said:

The damage depends on your MaxHP, so the way to increase damage is to have more MaxHP.

Ok i know that, but its still wrong...

think with me, when i use sacrifice and hit with no weapons and no cards, the damage is the same that with a spear +10 with 4 hydra cards, the damage is exactly the same... its completly wrong. But anyway, if its correct to don't affect human damage, str in that skill, so how can i set it to affect?

To my mind it's wrong, it should add damage with cards and weapon, but if not, how can i set it to add damage with cards and weapon?

thanks !!

Why would weapon damage affect it when the damage is based on your MaxHP instead of ATK?

Anyway you can change it to whatever you want in battle.c:

case PA_SACRIFICE:
			wd.damage = sstatus->max_hp* 9/100;
			wd.damage2 = 0;

Cards affecting damage you can all define in skill_db, no code changes needed for that.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Playtester said:

Why would weapon damage affect it when the damage is based on your MaxHP instead of ATK?

case PA_SACRIFICE:
			wd.damage2 = 0;

Cards affecting damage you can all define in skill_db, no code changes needed for that.

Thanks i'll look n skill_db and see if i can fix that...

I'll explain anyway cause you didn't understood yet... in oficial server cards and weapons affects sacrifice damage! And here in rathena sacrifice damage is based ONLY in hp. Ok thats right, but in oficial server the skill is based in hp AND cards AND weapons can add damage, the damage formula of that skill is based o hp but it can increase damage with cards and weapon...

Look, case 1: i hit you with sacrifice with no cards and no weapons, only with punch...

and in case 2: I hit you with sacrifice, with a weapon + 4 hydra (20% human damage)

The damage in both cases are EXACTLY the same... its not right.... you can study it... go to iRO, kRO, bRO etc... weapons and cards add damage to that skill...

As any other skill is based in atk but cards add damage, sacrifice as well is based on vit, but cards should add damage as well...

Hope you understood, i'll try skill_db...

Lke anyway if it work i'll tell you thanks!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235

4 hours ago, danielps said:

Thanks i'll look n skill_db and see if i can fix that...

I'll explain anyway cause you didn't understood yet... in oficial server cards and weapons affects sacrifice damage! And here in rathena sacrifice damage is based ONLY in hp. Ok thats right, but in oficial server the skill is based in hp AND cards AND weapons can add damage, the damage formula of that skill is based o hp but it can increase damage with cards and weapon...

Look, case 1: i hit you with sacrifice with no cards and no weapons, only with punch...

and in case 2: I hit you with sacrifice, with a weapon + 4 hydra (20% human damage)

The damage in both cases are EXACTLY the same... its not right.... you can study it... go to iRO, kRO, bRO etc... weapons and cards add damage to that skill...

As any other skill is based in atk but cards add damage, sacrifice as well is based on vit, but cards should add damage as well...

Hope you understood, i'll try skill_db...

Lke anyway if it work i'll tell you thanks!

I'm kinda agree with this issue. because i checked the formula of the PA_SACRIFICE:
the skill depends on the VIT/HP. i guess it requires a source modification to apply those cards.

I checked my old rAthena. yes the cards are counted and give more damage to SACRFICE.

1. With Weapon + Cards
kvmBgaX.png

2. Without Weapon

03ad8re.png

I can tell the differences between both with or without weapons and cards.

Edited by Kaze

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  101

On 3/22/2017 at 3:53 AM, Kaze said:

I'm kinda agree with this issue. because i checked the formula of the PA_SACRIFICE:
the skill depends on the VIT/HP. i guess it requires a source modification to apply those cards.

I checked my old rAthena. yes the cards are counted and give more damage to SACRFICE.

1. With Weapon + Cards
kvmBgaX.png

2. Without Weapon

03ad8re.png

I can tell the differences between both with or without weapons and cards.

hi just out of the topic...

where can i download the kind of interface you got? like the fonts? its great ^^

• Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  354

On 3/21/2017 at 11:29 AM, Playtester said:

case PA_SACRIFICE:
			wd.damage2 = 0;

Hello, I'm sorry to relive the topic, but that's kind of what I'm looking for. I would like to know how to fix the damage not from a skill, but from the card (Samurai Specter Card) ID 4263, I would like to leave her script to have a fixed damage regardless of racial resistance or defense. Do you know how I am applying this change? Thank you friend ??