what is better eAthena or rAthena?

xtian711

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11

can anyone Guide me what should i pick?eAthena or rAthena?before i successfully make a ragnarok offline server using eathena but theres some errors that when im adding custom item it only shows unknown item and i cant make a battleground npc or battleground event and what is rAthen im newbie sorry for noob question my fellow member <3 

3 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1268

The fact that you have to come to the rAthena board to ask this question simple because eathena.ws is no more should be a sufficient answer.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1096

5 hours ago, Chemical Crush said:

It will answer most of your questions, a little reading goes a long way!

Are there anyone to whom "such reading" helps? I think practice and playing with real server will help much more then any theory.  But for that need to download rAthena starter pack or something like that. I already saw it here at forum somewhere (maybe links is broken) use search.

Edited by Anacondaqq

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  387

rAthena is probably your best bet, I dont even think eAthena has any kind of support anymore to be honest with you, which is probably why you get errors, its not up to date.

I also noticed you posted about an error setting up the rAthena client, please PLEASE refer to https://github.com/rathena/rathena/wiki  This is our Wiki, use it, as well as https://github.com/rathena/rathena/wiki/Install-on-Windows ( if you're using windows).   It will answer most of your questions, a little reading goes a long way!  If you have any questions about specific things, if you cannot figure them out from reading up on them first, please don't hesitate to ask.  Most things you can probably do a quick google search, forum search or wiki search!  Welcome to rA!

• Upvote 2