Hire this "Developer" at your own risk

Sour-

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  42

Aaron Catulin is a "developer" who preys on those who are new to this industry.

Since June 2016, I was paying him to fix bugs (not as a host reseller yet; He is a reseller of RO-VPS) he said he could but he never fixed most of it. 

Late July 2016, he said he already has contact to Functor for the Gepard. And thus we transfered our hosting to him and purchased Gepard along with it. Weeks of waiting, no Gepard was installed. Until one time he installed Gepard but it says it cannot be used for the server. He said he will tell but Functor is in vacation (yes he really is; but he said he can reply within 3 days). But we still kept waiting. Then it came to a point when Functor already came back from vacation but still no Gepard was installed. So I asked Functor myself and he said the 3 of us should talk. He said he did not receive any money for Ragnarok Tayo but for another Server.

From there, Kuro has this reason about his PayPal cannot send money. HE DID NOT INFORM ME WHEN I HAVE THE RIGHT TO. We waited for nothing. We've waited so long already so I paid again but to Functor.

I asked refund from Aaron Catulin. He said he did not have any money. He said, he will sell his iPad first(Who the hell would buy that old iPad?). So I said, just use it for the hosting.

September, the host cut off our service. I tried to contact Aaron Catulin but there was no response. Then one of my players had the initiative to try to PM him. He replied. It was a signal that I had to tell him that I have political connections. That player also said he will report to the NBI (he has a connection inside). That's the time he responded. And that's the last time he ever responded; never again.

Now (November), He is now out of reach. I'm posting this just now because he did not pay for our website; our website is down. He caused so much inconvenience. Waste of money and time.

I hope RO-VPS would take action. As they have very good reputation, one of their resellers has a very bad one.

Alleged scams (also check the comments):
https://rathena.org/board/topic/106833-fake-paid-developer/
https://rathena.org/board/topic/99322-scammer-developer-dev-kuro/

PS: I can't say if this is a scam or not. Help me classify it as how it should be. But I have to say HIRE HIM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

To Aaron Catulin:

If ever you will defend yourself in this post (just like you defended yourself on the above links), feel free to do so as long as you do not mention my name as I would like to remain anonymous (as I was obviously was covering our name in the photos). Please do not breach confidentiality.

post-39432-0-59208900-1478494528_thumb.jpg

post-39432-0-35897600-1478494530_thumb.jpg

post-39432-0-21686200-1478494535_thumb.jpg

post-39432-0-41583600-1478494538_thumb.jpg

post-39432-0-01862700-1478494546_thumb.jpg

post-39432-0-43287000-1478494549_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

It would be very hypocritical that he'd reply here but he never reply to my chats since September. But I wish he would even just here.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  520

Kuro will never reply or post here this is his 3rd case or not just 3rd, so its time to move on. 

+ You can find everything you need in Paid Service section. 

And thank you for posting it here. It can help new comers who didn't know Kuro, just be careful next time.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

You paid at June, you still have the chance to file a dispute at Paypal to reclaim your money since he failed to provide the services he promised.

If his paypal dont have money, and your claim was succeed, it would result paypal deduct his paypal money to negative, or even from his bank if it was verified users.

Anyway, to all newbie out there,

cases like this happen because you're too lazy to carry out some researches before you decide to find someone who self-claim they are "developer".

We have those Paid Services forum that could provide better services, but you all to tend to find someone else who always claim themselves as "dev".

and, those who offering Gepard Shield .. especially those hosting reseller, are totally nonsense!

Functor has mentioned numerous times at all the topics that ask for Gepard purchase, he didnt has any reseller.

all gepard transaction must deal directly with him, no one else.

• Upvote 2

Yes I will be very careful the next time.

I did not pay him using PayPal because I was still processing my PayPal that time. It's also one of the reason I did not resort to the Paid Section because most of it only accepts PayPal as a method of payment. Those who do accepts via remittance does not want to hold the server side. And at that time I needed someone who can edit it for me because there is too much modification that a newbie can handle.

Edited by gmsour

• Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789

Another victim lol and ofcourse on the suspect's side he will always say "you dont know the story" even some solid facts are being stated. Well be watchful next time

• Upvote 1