looking for some monster sprites

Kurofly

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  283

Hello everyone.

I took a look at the npc sprites from that website and there are a bunch of sprites I'd like to get that are not in my grfs even with the latest grf files. Especially the pad monsters starting from id 3315.

Since those aren't added in the mob_db of the latest revision, I guess it's normal but still I'd really like to get those sprites :) Does anyone know a way to get them?

Thanks in advance, take care  /no1

6 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3127

To obtain sprites, you just patch your grf's. There's a lub/lua file that contains the sprite IDs, just add the file name and ID to those and you can then use them in-game. If you're using sprite IDs for scripts: "123" instead of constants "2_F_MAGICMASTER" then your server files won't care what the sprite is. If you use constants then you need to add it in const.txt (as far as i remember).

If you're just needing them for mobs, then add the mob ID in your monster/sprite lua/lub with the name of the sprite you need and you're good to go. This wiki is a good place to start; it'll show you how to add elements to your server without needing to wait for rA or for an updated data folder.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789

Hello everyone.

I took a look at the npc sprites from that website and there are a bunch of sprites I'd like to get that are not in my grfs even with the latest grf files. Especially the pad monsters starting from id 3315.

Since those aren't added in the mob_db of the latest revision, I guess it's normal but still I'd really like to get those sprites :) Does anyone know a way to get them?

Thanks in advance, take care  /no1

because some of them are from jRO which haven't on a kRO

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43

well they have jRO and other RO patcher in that site [download the full bundle here]

try to patch monster files you need from specific RO and combine it into your custom grf

though you would have problems in mob db as well as their skills and everything

Edited by munding12

Thanks for your answers.

Nice I'll give it a try as soon as I have an internet connection deserving that name ^^

Loading mobs isn't a problem I was just looking for the sprites. I'm planning to make them custom mobs anyway.

By the way, what is the difference between kRO and jRO clients? Why do we mostly find jRO ones?

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3127

By the way, what is the difference between kRO and jRO clients? Why do we mostly find jRO ones?

Different official servers implement their own items/mobs/events/headgears all the time, they're generally not shared between other official servers unless the new content was a success. 

Oh so downloading official clients from around the world may be worth it if I find nice things, good to know (even if that'd take so much time to check out everything ^^).

Thank you all, nice to have you there!