Can't use @commands, server freezes

Echoes

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  155

Hello c:

Recently (was able to do it before), on my test server, I can't create any item through command @item, I don't know if this is a server-side related error, though I did not change anything on server-side.

After using this command, the game instatnly freezes, like when I was about to disconnect due to lack of internet connection.

Also, my game freezes more than usual to take a screenshot (but at least it don't freeze at all, just take like 3 to 5 seconds to be able to move again). It's normal.

Help please :D

___

EDIT:

I can't login again to server (Failed to connect to server) if I don't re-open it again. So is server-side?

___

EDIT2:

Wherever I install the emulator (SSD / HDD), it keeps freezing. D: what is happening!

___

EDIT3:

It happens with every @command now. When I close the server first, in the client, it shows me whatever I write (example: input @speed 0 and server freezes, then closed the .bat's and ingame it shows me the message 'speed changed' right before the error 'now loggin out').

:c

Edited by Echoes

14 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88

in the console it shows you any error?

in the console it shows you any error?

Nope, it don't show any error.

I know is related to server because when I force log out (alt+f4 or something) with the client, in the mapserv.bat it don't show me I logged out, the info shown freezes.

it might be a problem of conflicts with your SO, ¿Yoy tried installing a clean emulator to see if the problem is your server or the SO it self? 

it might be a problem of conflicts with your SO, ¿Yoy tried installing a clean emulator to see if the problem is your server or the SO it self? 

Yep, tried reinstalling the emulator again, on differents disks (SSD/HDD), but with no luck.

I'm using Windows 8.1, 64 bits. I don't know how to definitely say it's an OS problem.

When you start the server, you give administrator permission? 

If not, try it

If not, try it

Can't, since when running cmd on Admin privileges, the command run on system32 folder.

• Content Count:  3

i am having the same kind of error, the funny thing is, that is happening only with my adm account, i made another account and can use @commands normally, and after some time(and some commands), my adm account could do @commands again, i think the problem is somewhere on the atcommandlog in the sql log table, if you keep doing @commands with only one char, eventually that account "bug out" and any @command freeze the server, but i have no idea how to fix it

• Content Count:  25

i am having the same kind of error, the funny thing is, that is happening only with my adm account, i made another account and can use @commands normally, and after some time(and some commands), my adm account could do @commands again, i think the problem is somewhere on the atcommandlog in the sql log table, if you keep doing @commands with only one char, eventually that account "bug out" and any @command freeze the server, but i have no idea how to fix it

same here

If not, try it

runserver.bat cannot be opened as administrator and running each server as administrator has not remedy this

There is no solution to this?

____

Fast EDIT:

Erased all the command logs in my atcommandlog on localhost and it worked.. At least for now.

Still looking for a permanent or more solid solution.

___

EDIT 2:

It happened again, but now not with a @command, but by trying to change an amount of an item via npc command delitem.

I managed (¿srlsy?) to fix it by downloading another rathena folder and testing there for a while, then tried in the main emulator and voila, working again.

Edited by Echoes

• Content Count:  3

There is no solution to this?

____

Fast EDIT:

Erased all the command logs in my atcommandlog on localhost and it worked.. At least for now.

Still looking for a permanent or more solid solution.

___

EDIT 2:

It happened again, but now not with a @command, but by trying to change an amount of an item via npc command delitem.

I managed (¿srlsy?) to fix it by downloading another rathena folder and testing there for a while, then tried in the main emulator and voila, working again.

a fresh install fix the problem temporarily for me, it stay fine for 1-2 days, and start happening again, i still think is some kind of weird interaction with atcommandlog with the server, i think somehow the game try to enter a log on the table and cannot, so it keep trying till the server freeze. so far i have not found a solution for this except erase the  atcommandlog from time to time as a workaround

Edited by Brule

a fresh install fix the problem temporarily for me, it stay fine for 1-2 days, and start happening again, i still think is some kind of weird interaction with atcommandlog with the server, i think somehow the game try to enter a log on the table and cannot, so it keep trying till the server freeze. so far i have not found a solution for this except erase the  atcommandlog from time to time as a workaround

Yeah, erasing atcommandlog log at localhost fix this problem, temporarily, but fix it.

Will mark this thread as solved, since we found a solution.

Edited by Echoes

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  452

This happens to me too, but its with my picklog. It seems that the database crashes when trying to update the logs causing the freeze of the server. It recovers in time, but would recover more faster if you "empty" or truncate the log database that crashes.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

I ended up just straight up deleting the logging features entirely from the Configuration folder (conf/log_athena.conf) (or use the import folder if you prefer to save your custom revisions there).

Considering this is for our laboratories, I suppose logging isn't exactly important in these test environments, unless you're troubleshooting. Not a permanent solution, but definitely better than having to go in and delete your logs periodically.

Cheers!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

I deleted all logs and it works